Bootloop?

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Then its less likely to be hardware related, I would do a full format with fastboot then flash all stock firmware and software and see what happens

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I have tried that with no luck. Once it boots up and I remove it from the charger, it dies and starts to bootloop.

So everything works great so long as tablet is connected to power supply? Only loops when disconnected?
If this is the case and you have done full format and return to stock then I would assume battery is at fault
But you also said that if you boot to recovery or bootloader then take it from power supply all works well, that would lead me to believe that it is software/firmware related. Are you positive you did full formatting?

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
So everything works great so long as tablet is connected to power supply? Only loops when disconnected?
If this is the case and you have done full format and return to stock then I would assume battery is at fault
But you also said that if you boot to recovery or bootloader then take it from power supply all works well, that would lead me to believe that it is software/firmware related. Are you positive you did full formatting?

I should note that when in the bootloader my nexus is connect via usb to my laptop. But i think i did have it untethered and it did nit boot but now you have me second guessing myself.

And yes im sure I did a full wipe. I sed the nexus toolkit to flash stock images.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Well best to double check if it loops in just os or also in bootloader and recovery, it will tell a lot
And by fully wipe/format I wouldn't count a toolkit doing this ad it often isn't what happens, if you have issues - always manually format and manually flash, otherwise you can't troubleshoot properly and we all just go in circles

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
Well best to double check if it loops in just os or also in bootloader and recovery, it will tell a lot
And by fully wipe/format I wouldn't count a toolkit doing this ad it often isn't what happens, if you have issues - always manually format and manually flash, otherwise you can't troubleshoot properly and we all just go in circles

Ok, so I manually flashed stock images of Android 4.4.2 - 4.4.3 - 4.4.2 - 4.4 - 4.3. Only one would allow me to boot up which was 4.3.

When I first booted 4.3 it said my battery was at 0% so I plugged it in the wall charger.

Its been charging for over an hour and still shows battery at 0%. This leads me to believe it might be a hardware related issue.

By the way, I had zero issues with bootlooping while in the bootloader on or off power source.

Update 1: My battery is now at 2% having been on the charger for 2 hours. Any ideas?

Update 2: Suddenly my battery is at 100% just 20 minutes since my last update. I pulled it off the charger and about a 30 seconds later it started to bootloop.

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
It sounds like a bad battery, did you also manually format with fastboot? If not try this as well

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Buy it from where ever you find the best deal, open the back and swap it out
Refurbished 33.38wh 8900ma SP3496A8H Battery for Samsung Google Nexus 10 N10 Tab

Reactions: michaelearth

jimmycalhoun

Apr 13, 2011
Any luck with this issue? I'm experiencing almost the same behavior. I've tried flashing every stock image from Google for the Nexus using both the bat file and flashing each individual package. It works fine without issues in recovery and the bootloader but as soon as it tries to the load the rom crashes start happening. Sometimes it happens during the boot animation and other times it gets as far as the setup wizard. It does seem to be hardware related, right before it crashes, the screen will faintly flicker and then just power off. I think it's combination of a battery power issue and a connection issue with the USB. Possibly something slightly broken where the usb port connects to the board. I've tested booting with the USB cable plugged in with pressure applied at different angles. At certain angles that pressure has allowed me to get the device through the wizard but will inevitably die so maybe a short has broken the usb connector and killed the battery. I'm looking around for a magnetic connector to test that theory further, but it really doesn't make sense that the bootloader and recovery can run all day with no problem. At a loss here and out of warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried that as well...I am thinking it is a hardware issue as previously stated....amazing...spend $500 for a piece of hardware only to have it die a little over 12 months later....talk about pissed off....

No shoot me a PM ..

Lets see if we can get you up and running again ..

If we do we can post what we did back here from all XDA users ..

Thx Josh
    Buy it from where ever you find the best deal, open the back and swap it out
    Refurbished 33.38wh 8900ma SP3496A8H Battery for Samsung Google Nexus 10 N10 Tab