My remaining miscellaneous questions

Search This thread

FligMupple

Jan 20, 2013
Ok, I've had the F400S for about a week now, and it's rooted and pimped up a bit with XPosed and GravotyBox.

I'm wondering:

1) Is there any way to change the [Settings > Shortcut key] settings? I would like to set holding volume up to open something else.

2) I listen to podcasts (through headphones) more than anything else on the phone. Right now, pressing play on the headphones with no audio app loaded will load Music app. I would instead like to default to my podcast app (Pocket Casts). It seems this default setting can't be done openly/officially, so I'm wondering if there's a nerdier way to do it.

3) Is anyone else having issue with the built in quite hours function? [Settings > Sound > Quiet Mode] For me, it starts ok, switches to silent and no led, but it doesn't return to normal after the time range ends.

4) I would like to disable or freeze most the LG and korean apps. Are there any that I shouldn't because it is known to cause problems? Normally I would experiment through trial and error, but because there's no ClockworkMod Recovery yet (or is there?) I cant make the backups I'm used to doing before experimenting.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
1. I believe there is an xposed module for that. At least there was a while ago that I used on my note 3.

2. I think tasker could work

Current Devices:
LG G3
Samsung Note 3
Nexus 7 (2013)
LG G Pad 8.3

piepie22

Jun 22, 2007
4) I freeze all of the Korean carrier app on my S, the phone seems to be working fine.
The only problem I have is some app has built-in Korean (e.g. Dialer, Ringtone selector...etc) which I am waiting to replace.

FligMupple

Jan 20, 2013
2) I listen to podcasts (through headphones) more than anything else on the phone. Right now, pressing play on the headphones with no audio app loaded will load Music app. I would instead like to default to my podcast app (Pocket Casts). It seems this default setting can't be done openly/officially, so I'm wondering if there's a nerdier way to do it.
I solved this using Tasker and Send Intent.

In Tasker I created a "Headset Plugged Any" event with the task Send Intent of Action "au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts.action.PAUSE" (this intent is for Pocket Casts)