[Q] Updated Venue 7/8 with Intel Merrifield processors

Search This thread

i_rnb

Dec 9, 2010
Paris, France
Hi,

I want to buy Dell Venue 8. But I came across that Dell updated Venue 7 and 8 with Intel merrifield processor - Intel Atom Z3460 for Venue 7 and Intel Atom Z3480 for Venue 8.

They announced, these updated units will be available from July 1st but I can not find any of them on internet.

Anyone has any idea where they might be available - preferably in India?

Last edited:

joanthanmajh

Dec 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi,

I want to buy Dell Venue 8. But I came across that Dell updated Venue 7 and 8 with Intel merrifield processor - Intel Atom Z3460 for Venue 7 and Intel Atom Z3480 for Venue 8.

They announced, these updated units will be available from July 1st but I can not find any of them on internet.

Anyone has any idea where they might be available?

Found the venue 7
http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-7-3740-tablet/pd?oc=ftdot01&model_id=dell-venue-7-3740-tablet

But cant find the venue 8

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati

i'm debating on getting one myself. . .
  • the drop-in ram from 2GB to 1GB worries me as my current v7 use more than 512mb just running android 4.4.2 no additional apps started
  • and even though it's a Baytrail based SOC Intel doesn't seem to be living up to it word on Open Source code for it :( seems they've only published Atom 3800 sources . . .

maybe i'll wait and see if they release another dev-edition first. . .

petewr

Dec 13, 2012
i'm debating on getting one myself. . .
  • the drop-in ram from 2GB to 1GB worries me as my current v7 use more than 512mb just running android 4.4.2 no additional apps started
  • and even though it's a Baytrail based SOC Intel doesn't seem to be living up to it word on Open Source code for it :( seems they've only published Atom 3800 sources . . .

maybe i'll wait and see if they release another dev-edition first. . .

Ya know, it doesn't help things having these tablets named after the phones that were discontinued at the end of 2012. And that the two are not even compatible with each other.

Cerealkillah

Apr 8, 2012
Kansas
Has anyone picked up one of the "updated" models? I ordered one for my daughter this weekend and noticed (AFTER I ORDERED IT!) that Dell decreased the RAM from 2GB down to 1GB.

I am wondering how this will affect the gaming performance, as she will use it to play things like Minecraft PE with her friends.