Vario screen crashes / goes white

Search This thread

DarknessUK

Apr 13, 2006
Have just sent my 3rd Vario back to T-Mobile with this fault, and think I will be getting another brand new handset back in the post, but not convinced it is fixing the fault.

When I use the phone for texting or making calls or any function, the screen appears to crash as while lines appear on one side of the screen, and slowly spread over the screen making it not respond to the touch - even if I could see what was there.

A click of the power button bring the screen back OK sometimes, but often have to do this many times or pull the battery out.

Have I just had duff handsets??

DarknessUK

Apr 13, 2006
are you overclocking? when did it start? what rom, software, programs are you running? etc

Alas I can only answer a few of the questions as the pone is away being repaired / swapped out, but I am not overclocking, the ROM is what it came with 3 weeks ago from T Mobile, I had installed the Skype s/ware but have not run in more than once, and it certainly was not running when this fault occurs.

The fault appears 5 or so times a day, in differing forms of severity.

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset
I don't use skype myself, so I don't know how it runs in the background. but I think you need to overclock to get it to work well, or use the newer made-for-slow-devices version. other than that, i find sometimes i try out a new app and this problem occurs (even if others use it with no problems). I don't know if it's possible to have a combination of progs/apps which will cause this? but the fact that this is your third occurrence definitely suggests a user created fault of some sort, what other software do you use?

DarknessUK

Apr 13, 2006
I use Messenger a lot on it, but apart from Skype have not installed any other software - it is all as it comes out the box.

bbobeckyj

Aug 4, 2006
dorset
i'm only aware of this happening with extreme overclocking, and bad software. so, sorry but i'm out of ideas. when you get it back hard reset and don't install the extended rom, see if that helps, if you've not added much to it it may be a problem with the hardware (assuming they keep sending you the same unit).
I don't think many people run a stock setting and use this site, but hopefully someone else will have had a similar problem and help...