Will my tablet recognise my Sony Handycam? Can i upload videos to youtube from it?

Search This thread

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
Hey guys
So basically I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC19E camcorder, and was wondering if i plugged it into my galaxy tab using the samsung usb adapter thing, will it recognise it and allow me to take and transfer files to and from the tab?
As i want to upload some videos to youtube but it wont work on my computer?
So im basically asking if anybody has got mass storage access to devices they have plugged into the tab 10.1

Thanks in advance for any help
Adam :)

Reactions: MafiaDroid

brb8two

Jan 23, 2012
Adelaide
I have a Sony dcr-sr100. It mounts to my galaxy tab 10.1 on stock firmware.

I have found that " high" powered USB devices are rejected by this tab, which is annoying. But i have found that how you connect the devices matter also.

E.g. if the adaptor is plugged in then i use my USB drive to the adapter is does not work.
If my USB drive is plugged into the adapter then into the tab it usually works, if not pull out and try again right away.

If you can get a powered USB hub, this will help for connecting more devices. Generic keyboard & mice work fine ( if not " high" powered)

USB mass storage otg app in the market will help to mount more drives at once and enable access to NTFS formatted drives which are not supported on the stock firmware.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: adamski123

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.

I have found that " high" powered USB devices are rejected by this tab, which is annoying. But i have found that how you connect the devices matter also.

E.g. if the adaptor is plugged in then i use my urban drive to the adapter is does not work.
If my USB drive is plugged into the adapter then into the tab it usually works, if not pull out and try again right away.

If you can get a powered USB hub, this will help for connecting more devices. Genetic keyboard & mice work fine ( if not " high" powered)

USB mass storage app in the market will help to mount more drives at once and enable access to NTFS formatted drives which are not supported on the stock firmware.

Thanks for all this info!
So would u recommend getting a Samsung USB adapter thingy and them trying from their?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

brb8two

Jan 23, 2012
Adelaide
This is the one I got.
http://dx.com/p/106541?r=78454077

I don't see much point paying more than this.

Also the " card reader" versions are designed to only mount one card at a time since that is how the stock device handles otg. But if you already have USB card reader your happy with, it can be used with USB mass storage OTG app from the market. ( Which also adds NTFS support).

Last edited:

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
Sprite cheers. I may just get a 3 pound one off Amazon, then see if it works :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

brb8two

Jan 23, 2012
Adelaide
I got the corded version, as I thought it was more risky using the "Block" style one that might break the connector 30pin if it was knocked too hard.
There is rick of the corded version breaking on the cable, but it is a cheap replacement fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys
    So basically I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC19E camcorder, and was wondering if i plugged it into my galaxy tab using the samsung usb adapter thing, will it recognise it and allow me to take and transfer files to and from the tab?
    As i want to upload some videos to youtube but it wont work on my computer?
    So im basically asking if anybody has got mass storage access to devices they have plugged into the tab 10.1

Thanks in advance for any help
    Adam :)

E.g. if the adaptor is plugged in then i use my USB drive to the adapter is does not work.

If you can get a powered USB hub, this will help for connecting more devices. Generic keyboard & mice work fine ( if not " high" powered)

USB mass storage otg app in the market will help to mount more drives at once and enable access to NTFS formatted drives which are not supported on the stock firmware.