b112 - screen brightness problems

Search This thread

Sacerdot

Jul 7, 2013
Hi,
anyone experienced issues with brightness level on B112? i bought the phone used on ebay, and it came with this firmware

if the brightness is set at the middle, it looks like is set at minimum, and if i try to set it below middle, the screen goes totally black ( 0 visibility )...also if i set the screen on auto brightness, the second it is set, it goes blank screen ( the screen is working, just the brightness is so low you cannot see anything )

also, should i consider upgrading from B112 to a newer firmware? performance wise, i am very happy with B112, because comparing with B125 ( on my second ascend p6 ) it runs smoother, no lag in menu at all ( so far ). i also get in antutu 15200-15700 scores with B112.

any thoughts are welcome

vigitall

Nov 3, 2012
RAMNICU VALCEA
Hi,
anyone experienced issues with brightness level on B112? i bought the phone used on ebay, and it came with this firmware

if the brightness is set at the middle, it looks like is set at minimum, and if i try to set it below middle, the screen goes totally black ( 0 visibility )...also if i set the screen on auto brightness, the second it is set, it goes blank screen ( the screen is working, just the brightness is so low you cannot see anything )

also, should i consider upgrading from B112 to a newer firmware? performance wise, i am very happy with B112, because comparing with B125 ( on my second ascend p6 ) it runs smoother, no lag in menu at all ( so far ). i also get in antutu 15200-15700 scores with B112.

any thoughts are welcome

Hello,

Are you using the buttons at the pulldown menu or the phone settings menu to set the brightness ?
If it happens only when you are using the pulldown menu you can try the following (if you have a rooted phone) :

1.First of all, make a copy of build.prop and save it on your SD card !
2.Open build.prop (located in system folder in your device) with a root file explorer (like ES File Explorer on Google Play).
3.Look for this line "ro.config.disablesmbacklinght=true".
4.Replace "true" with "false".
5.Reboot the phone.

PS : You can save the changes in build.prop only if you mount your system like RW (see the ES File Explorer settings)

vigitall

Nov 3, 2012
RAMNICU VALCEA
it happens all the time, doesn't matter how I get to screen brightness...it acts the same

Do you have the Smart Backlight option ON in the phone settings menu > Display ? Try to disable it !
It is possible that you have a preinstalled application like Screen Filter (by the last owner)? If yes, try to uninstall it !

Best regards,

Last edited:

Sacerdot

Jul 7, 2013
Do you have the Smart Backlight option ON in the phone settings menu > Display ? Try to disable it !
It is possible that you have a preinstalled application like Screen Filter (by the last owner)? If yes, try to uninstall it !

Best regards,

smart backlight is OFF
there is no app preinstalled, as i have factory reset the phone...no other funky app either

i was thinking maybe there is a system file that can be tweaked with, to edit a maximum and a minimum parameter for the brightness ...

vigitall

Nov 3, 2012
RAMNICU VALCEA
smart backlight is OFF
there is no app preinstalled, as i have factory reset the phone...no other funky app either

i was thinking maybe there is a system file that can be tweaked with, to edit a maximum and a minimum parameter for the brightness ...

You have the possibility to check if it is a software problem using Lux Dash application (do a search on Google Play).
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor".You could try it !

Sacerdot

Jul 7, 2013
You have the possibility to check if it is a software problem using Lux Dash application (do a search on Google Play).
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor".You could try it !

i tried Lux, and it works, but it does not have any calibrate function, it is a good alternative to default screen brightness tho...

I was hoping for a fix for the default ( built in ) screen brightness setup menu...anyway, this will do the trick for now

thanks