can i flash .402 even though...

Search This thread

JackHanAnLG

Apr 12, 2012
Southend
hey guys, im from the UK and have not got the .69 or .402 update ( unbranded and unlocked ) could i flash the germany .402 firmware and it would have no consequences?

many thanks
J

kbadone

Dec 13, 2008
United States
Yes! My phone came with UK unbranded firmware and flashed the German unbranded 2 days ago. Works like a charm! Actually I highly recommend doing that ASAP cause the UK firmware is known for getting released 2 weeks later after a new firmware gets rolled out! So you don't have to worry about waiting for future updates...

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Jay01

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
Yes! My phone came with UK unbranded firmware and flashed the German unbranded 2 days ago. Works like a charm! Actually I highly recommend doing that ASAP cause the UK firmware is known for getting released 2 weeks later after a new firmware gets rolled out! So you don't have to worry about waiting for future updates...

Yes I flashed to the new German update from .55 in Canada and works well.

- Sent From My Xperia Z2 On Bell

I'm new to Sony myself, after 4 Samsung flagships. :p

Anyone care to give to some insights about what to do? Except Untick 'data' under 'wipe' when I get there? I have Taiwan Z2 on .69 which i got OTA from my previous .55
I downloaded this file "D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402_DE Unbranded.ftf" which i believe is the unbranded Germany .402 :D

Jay01

Dec 30, 2009
If I unlock my bootloader, will that wipe the data off the phone?

Edit: actually do I need to unlock bootloader to install the latest firmware?

thanks

Last edited:

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.

thanks

Yes. unlocking bootloader will wipe the data on the device, so DO BACKUP.

And no. You don't need to Unlock BL to flash Stock ROM. Only to flash custom kernels and ROMs and which is not even always the case :)

Jay01

Dec 30, 2009

And no. You don't need to Unlock BL to flash Stock ROM. Only to flash custom kernels and ROMs and which is not even always the case :)

Thanks mate - so flashing a stock ROM won't wipe my phone?
Sorry for the N00B questions, I've always had a Nexus, now jumped ship to Xperia

Thanks again

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
Sorry for the N00B questions, I've always had a Nexus, now jumped ship to Xperia

Thanks again

No. Flashing stock won't wipe ur phone. I did so yesterday, with Sony Updater Service (SUS) And it asked if i wanted to wipe or not. I chose not to wipe. :p And it didn't. Everything working fine till now... Look at my Signature, I also.. Got to be Recognized on xda for Helping Samsung Users. But i'm a Sony Noob. :p
Cheers! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks

Thanks again

No. Flashing stock won't wipe ur phone. I did so yesterday, with Sony Updater Service (SUS) And it asked if i wanted to wipe or not. I chose not to wipe. :p And it didn't. Everything working fine till now... Look at my Signature, I also.. Got to be Recognized on xda for Helping Samsung Users. But i'm a Sony Noob. :p
    Cheers! :D