[Q] F400 Roaming Dial - Call to Korea

Search This thread

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
I imported an F400L from Korea. Everything has been great except for making calls. Every single time I try to make a call, it gives me an annoying prompt called "roaming dial" and asks whether I want to call to Korea or Call Local.

I have the right APN settings and have checked literally every setting under Roaming and Mobile Networks. I can't get rid of this thing. Third party dialers have the same effect. I don't really want to install a custom rom.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of this? Is anyone else rocking an F400?

Reactions: JeankDragon

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
It did that to me for a while even for data then it stopped after an update. I would try to clear the cache in the system app menu and try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
It did that to me for a while even for data then it stopped after an update. I would try to clear the cache in the system app menu and try again.

You mean clear the cache on the dialer?

I cleared cache and data on contacts and contact storage and rebooted. It persists. I have also installed all available updates (out of the box) and checked all the settings. I don't see any way to be rid of this.

Last edited:

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
You mean clear the cache on the dialer?

I cleared cache and data on contacts and contact storage and rebooted. It persists. I have also installed all available updates (out of the box) and checked all the settings. I don't see any way to be rid of this.

That and the settings that apply to the phone dialer in general there are couple of them. It should help 'reset' them if you call it that.

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
That and the settings that apply to the phone dialer in general there are couple of them. It should help 'reset' them if you call it that.

Any hint as to what those settings are? I'm not finding anything specific to the dialer.

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
Any hint as to what those settings are? I'm not finding anything specific to the dialer.

Just as an update for anyone else who may have this issue: I tried installing other dialers: The European version of the G3, as well as the Google stock dialer. "Global Roaming" still comes up every time I call someone, so it seems to be a setting or something baked into the ROM. Still looking for a way to disable this.

rickz

Jun 27, 2007
Also looking for any info on how to get rid of this dialer on a F400L

The furthest I got was to disable the dual roaming clock, and removed anything else that showed i was roaming. What I have noticed, is that if i enter the international prefix and area code, the dialer will not ask whether it is a Korea call or Local call. I've found a section where we can automatically add the prefix on local calls but only a handful of countries are listed (I'm assuming its all other countries that dont have a G3 release in their market). If we could add our own specific country to the list (mine is +852 Hong Kong), I think this might be a workaround?

Anyone else have any insight?

Just as an update for anyone else who may have this issue: I tried installing other dialers: The European version of the G3, as well as the Google stock dialer. "Global Roaming" still comes up every time I call someone, so it seems to be a setting or something baked into the ROM. Still looking for a way to disable this.

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
It's nice to at least see other people acknowledging this issue. I haven't found a fix, other than to add a +1 in front of every number in my address book.

JeankDragon

May 7, 2011
Hello there,

I am experiencing the same issue mentioned before, and now with the latest update to version 5.0 when dialing a number, it is not asking if the call is local or not.

Also, there seems to be a permanent notification with the following message

"Searching... Available networks are being searched."

IS there somebody that can help me review and fix this issue.?
Looking forward to your prompt response.

Thank you in advance!

Regards

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
Have you tried using the TOT method to flash a stock Verizon rom or whatever carrier that you are using. You should be able to do so using the LGUP_8974.dll found here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G3 LGUP_8974.dll From what I have read that dll will let you flash a rom from any G3 even if it is a different model. The good news is that you can always flash back using your stock TOT.

Last edited:

fromvoid

Feb 9, 2015
still struggling

I imported an F400L from Korea. Everything has been great except for making calls. Every single time I try to make a call, it gives me an annoying prompt called "roaming dial" and asks whether I want to call to Korea or Call Local.

I have the right APN settings and have checked literally every setting under Roaming and Mobile Networks. I can't get rid of this thing. Third party dialers have the same effect. I don't really want to install a custom rom.

Hi, have you find the way to fix that? I'm still struggling with this problem and can't find any way would work. well, there are few approaches that work for other LG devices, such as amend build.prop file or change the LGphone.apk along with other files. but still can't be sure any of these would work. really need to fix this!!!!! never buy L version!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.