Odin path enigma in Window 7 64 bit

Search This thread

alidsd

Jun 10, 2011
Guys if you are using Odin to flash Rom or Recovery on Windows 7 64 bit computer then make sure you put the ops and md5 files on the root of C:\

I was trying to flash the CWM recovery but it wasn't successful and when I tried to reboot my phone it was stuck on boot . Then from the instruction of a thread I moved my ops and md5 file to root of C:, and amazingly it worked like a charm.

I thought that I should share it with you guys.

Thanks

irishpancake

May 1, 2011
Small Village
Guys if you are using Odin to flash Rom or Recovery on Windows 7 64 bit computer then make sure you put the ops and md5 files on the root of C:\

I was trying to flash the CWM recovery but it wasn't successful and when I tried to reboot my phone it was stuck on boot . Then from the instruction of a thread I moved my ops and md5 file to root of C:, and amazingly it worked like a charm.

I thought that I should share it with you guys.

Thanks

Why do you say that, you mean C:\.....not any other folder??

I flashed my ROM, as shown below, and those files were in other folders:

6eofbt.jpg

My PC is Windows 7 64-bit:

PC.JPG

So, I don't know......maybe something else, you mean another drive, like D:\ or E:\ ??

alidsd

Jun 10, 2011
Why do you say that, you mean C:\.....not any other folder??

I flashed my ROM, as shown below, and those files were in other folders:

6eofbt.jpg

My PC is Windows 7 64-bit:

PC.JPG

So, I don't know......maybe something else, you mean another drive, like D:\ or E:\ ??

@ irishpancake believe me, i have faced this problem with odin. Any root of c, d or e is fine.

Sent from Hell using Tapatalk

irishpancake

May 1, 2011
Small Village
@ irishpancake believe me, i have faced this problem with odin. Any root of c, d or e is fine.

@alidsd

I believe you......:D

but don't believe it is a general widespread, known issue....

as I shown in the pics, screencap taken from my actual first ODIN FW flash on this phone......

Files were anywhere but in root of C: :confused:

Perhaps I am one lucky dude......

Or you are just unlucky......

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006

Thats true, it is some Windows permission issue I think. This doesnt't happen on all PCs, but if it happens it is the easiest solution.

Other programs have also issues with files in some directions/folders.

C:/ is just always mentioned because it is 99% a hard drive, and it has to be in the root of a hard drive(to be sure).

greets

THE-E

Reactions: irishpancake

alidsd

Jun 10, 2011
Words of Wisdom, once again, from THE-E:

Cheers man, I am happy to go with that......

you a negotiator with the UN, by any chance :D

Haha,, you are right. However most of the modern applications that are being written in modern languages dont have such kind of problems. I think Odin is using very old windows API calls for handling files, but i am not sure about it as i dont have source code.

irishpancake

May 1, 2011
Small Village
Perhaps, but as ODIN is Samsung tool, I just don't know....

If you look at Service Manual I upped some time ago, in Section 6 Level 1 Repair, you see Samsung use this Multi Downloader for their own service ppl tool........

[this is PDF in Google Docs]

sorry, the manual is all over the place, but ODIN is there!!!

But, as you can see, files could be anywhere, so I don't know.

Anyway, cheers, I have a cold beer waiting!!!!
guinness_icon_pack-232217-1239898584.jpeg

not Guinness sorry to say :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thats true, it is some Windows permission issue I think. This doesnt't happen on all PCs, but if it happens it is the easiest solution.

Other programs have also issues with files in some directions/folders.

C:/ is just always mentioned because it is 99% a hard drive, and it has to be in the root of a hard drive(to be sure).

greets

THE-E