TouchDown on Windows RT - BETA

Search This thread

cx1

Aug 14, 2007
http://nitrodesk.com/purchase/for-windows/

How to Install TouchDown on Windows 8 and Windows RT

NitroDesk, Inc. is pleased to provide you with an early preview version of TouchDown for Windows 8 and Windows RT. These instructions describe how to download and install TouchDown for Windows 8 and Windows RT devices.

IMPORTANT! This is an early preview; things can break and cause you some distress. Please keep in mind this is only the Beta Version of TouchDown for Windows. However, most things work, and we are starting to dogfood this ourselves. Please email any issues or feedback to us at TD4Windows@nitrodesk.com.
Limitations in This Preview

IBM Lotus Notes Traveler is not currently supported.
Security policies like Application PIN and encryption are not implemented yet. Please don’t use this application in security sensitive environments unless you are evaluating.
IRM support is currently not implemented fully, but will be shortly.
Tested ONLY against Microsoft Exchange 2010 server at this time, Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 and other servers may or may not work.
Only the following items sync: Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes (if you connect to Microsoft Exchange 2010).
Installation

This software is an early preview and is not intended for commercial distribution. If you are going to use this app for any use other than evaluation, please wait for it to appear in the Windows Store or preloaded on the device you are going to purchase.

Login to your Windows RT tablet (or Windows 8 computer).
On the Start screen tap Desktop.
Open Internet Explorer
a. If you have a Windows RT device, navigate to: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-rt.bat.
b. If you have a Windows 8 computer, navigate to: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-win8.bat.
Select Run to begin downloading TouchDown.
Provide the appropriate responses for the prompted warnings.
When asked to sign in with an account to acquire a developer license you can,
a. Sign in with your MSN/Live account
b. Create a new account in Live
Once it acquires the license, it will warn you of installing an untrusted certificate to the device. Tap Agree.
The package will install.
Go to the Start screen and swipe to see TouchDown at the very end.

Running TouchDown

Tap on the TouchDown app from the Start screen to launch it.
Type your email address and password on the first screen, press next.
If your user ID is NOT the email address, enter that and the domain name.
Type the server name and press Next.
At this point TouchDown will try to connect to your server. If it connects successfully, it will ask you to choose the items to sync.
If it asks you for permission to run in background, approve it.

Updating TouchDown

Open Internet Explorer to download the zip file.
a. If you have a Windows RT device, navigate: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-rt.bat.
b. If you have a Windows 8 computer, navigate to: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-win8.bat .

Reactions: Caramel and kayaker

pc4ever1

Oct 19, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anyone tried this yet?

As a previous owner of Touchdown on Android ( in which was excellent app); I downloaded by the instructions and it works great. The only feature I wish it had was having a checklist option to select emails to either move into folders or to delete. Similar to the email app preloaded on RT , it only allows you to delete one message at a time. Other then that small feature request it's like my previous experience with the app, a one stop mail, calendar, tasks, notes, contact app. A definite must have.

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
Similar to the email app preloaded on RT .. only allows you to delete one message at a time.
Um... you can select multiple messages and delete them all at once in the mail app. With the keyboard/mouse/touchpad with ease, with your finger with some difficulty. Perhaps the multi-select works the same way in TouchDown.

prb304

Aug 9, 2009
It's really nice. Good size and works well.

Some tweaks required but it is still a beta. I have only managed to work out how to have on account. There's no obvious "add new account" option, even via the charms bar.
Would be lovely if I could import an ical URL and then it could take over completely as my calendar.

paschott

Mar 12, 2006
Dallas
You can select multiple with a swipe to the right for select, though sometimes this results in opening the message instead.

I have it working against Gmail EAS right now (which of course means that I have to hit some website to set it up to allow all of my calendars and enable true deletes). So far it works well, though the interface doesn't feel Metro-y. The settings could use some work as when used on a tablet, the on-screen keyboard often overlaps the settings. That makes them hard/impossible to use without a physical keyboard attached.

On the whole, no major problems, but also not enough improvement over the built-in Mail app for me to want to switch. (Hard to believe I just typed that.)

obperryo

May 15, 2010
Franklin
Having some trouble... I deleted the tile and now I don't find any way to launch it, as it is not in my Apps either.
I tried installing aging, but when it comes up and says to hit enter to continue the dos window just close.

I would like help with a couple of things,
1. How can I remove all of what is downloaded and installed? I would like to clean this up. It would be nice if there was uninstall/removal instructions-I couldn't find them.
2. I would like to do number 1, because ultimately I would like to re-install this.

Running Windows 8.

Appreciate any help or pint into the right direction...

shahran

Jul 10, 2008
Having some trouble... I deleted the tile and now I don't find any way to launch it, as it is not in my Apps either.
I tried installing aging, but when it comes up and says to hit enter to continue the dos window just close.

I would like help with a couple of things,
1. How can I remove all of what is downloaded and installed? I would like to clean this up. It would be nice if there was uninstall/removal instructions-I couldn't find them.
2. I would like to do number 1, because ultimately I would like to re-install this.

Running Windows 8.

Appreciate any help or pint into the right direction...

2nd. Can we please get uninstall instructions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://nitrodesk.com/purchase/for-windows/

How to Install TouchDown on Windows 8 and Windows RT

NitroDesk, Inc. is pleased to provide you with an early preview version of TouchDown for Windows 8 and Windows RT. These instructions describe how to download and install TouchDown for Windows 8 and Windows RT devices.

IMPORTANT! This is an early preview; things can break and cause you some distress. Please keep in mind this is only the Beta Version of TouchDown for Windows. However, most things work, and we are starting to dogfood this ourselves. Please email any issues or feedback to us at TD4Windows@nitrodesk.com.
    Limitations in This Preview

IBM Lotus Notes Traveler is not currently supported.
    Security policies like Application PIN and encryption are not implemented yet. Please don’t use this application in security sensitive environments unless you are evaluating.
    IRM support is currently not implemented fully, but will be shortly.
    Tested ONLY against Microsoft Exchange 2010 server at this time, Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 and other servers may or may not work.
    Only the following items sync: Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes (if you connect to Microsoft Exchange 2010).
    Installation

This software is an early preview and is not intended for commercial distribution. If you are going to use this app for any use other than evaluation, please wait for it to appear in the Windows Store or preloaded on the device you are going to purchase.

Open Internet Explorer
    a. If you have a Windows RT device, navigate to: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-rt.bat.
    b. If you have a Windows 8 computer, navigate to: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-win8.bat.
    When asked to sign in with an account to acquire a developer license you can,
    a. Sign in with your MSN/Live account
    b. Create a new account in Live
    Once it acquires the license, it will warn you of installing an untrusted certificate to the device. Tap Agree.

Running TouchDown

Tap on the TouchDown app from the Start screen to launch it.
    Type your email address and password on the first screen, press next.
    If your user ID is NOT the email address, enter that and the domain name.
    Type the server name and press Next.
    At this point TouchDown will try to connect to your server. If it connects successfully, it will ask you to choose the items to sync.
    If it asks you for permission to run in background, approve it.

Updating TouchDown

Open Internet Explorer to download the zip file.
    a. If you have a Windows RT device, navigate: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-rt.bat.
    b. If you have a Windows 8 computer, navigate to: http://nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdwin/beta/install-win8.bat .