Any advise on black.

Search This thread

agonzalez1010

May 12, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm looking for an app or something that will give me a black theme, icons, most importantly when I open an app (like CNN, PlayStore, etc.) It will have a black background with white text.

I tried using the inversion setting but is then trows off my already black wallpaper to looking white and stuff. I have vision issue which is why I am looking for this.

I am running stock but am rooted. I was Running the carbon rom for this but got tired of installing nightlies for hammerhead. I'm just going to wait until they have a production version.

Thanks in advance,

Angel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Just curious, but is the reason for wanting black everything to try and conserve battery life? Because as far as I know that only works for AMOLED displays.

Radixtrator

Jan 30, 2013
Just curious, but is the reason for wanting black everything to try and conserve battery life? Because as far as I know that only works for AMOLED displays.

"I have vision issue"
That's what he said so no its not battery life
To your problem:
Install a Rom with inverted ui like mahdi or slimkat and flash the slim gapps. The alomst everything is a nice dark black

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: agonzalez1010

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I'm looking for an app or something that will give me a black theme, icons, most importantly when I open an app (like CNN, PlayStore, etc.) It will have a black background with white text.

I tried using the inversion setting but is then trows off my already black wallpaper to looking white and stuff. I have vision issue which is why I am looking for this.

I am running stock but am rooted. I was Running the carbon rom for this but got tired of installing nightlies for hammerhead. I'm just going to wait until they have a production version.

Search black icons in the store, heres one recommendation https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.threekzerothree.softinsetroundicons.black

Use slimROM, a lot of people have this thing for black and holo blue and that is what slim uses, and you can enable darkslim or whatever. I think they have a milestone so you can load that and it will be stable. http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/rom-slimkat-hammerhead-t2511512

Lokke9191

Nov 20, 2013
Glenview, IL

Thanks in advance,

Angel

Check out team black out. They have flashable zips for tons of apps even for Google now. That way you can keep stock Rom and the okay Google functionality and have blacked out apps. That's what I have, and it's awesome.

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
Here's some icons "shady"

From my mobile telephony device.

Attachments

• 1399377991399.jpg
    1399377991399.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 64

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
Yes it's in uk store, in that name. I'll dig out a Web address when I've got a minute if you like

From my mobile telephony device.

Attachments

• 1399388908352.jpg
    1399388908352.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 56

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
BTW if you want a standard rom in black and white with no blue! Try "Elixr" good stock and fully black and white, when you add icons

Attachments

• 1399408259332.jpg
    1399408259332.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 49

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto

Thanks in advance,

Angel

You already have the Team Blacked Out link so here is a more obscure theming app. This app allows you to override the colors on most Web pages. It works with both browsers and apps that display html pages within the app itself (eg. Flipboard). I use it on both my Nexus 5&10. Read how it works and how to install here:
[HOW-TO] Blacked out theme effect for Web pages (needs root)

A theme able alternative to YouTube which has some additional features is called Viral. Find it on the play store. That app allows no end of UI Color theming.

You can also use the XPosed framework and two modules (Gravity Box and HKTheme Manager) to implement dark themes including Color finer tuning nav and status bars. Here is a dark theme on the playstore which works with HKTheme Manager.
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/theme-black-blue-infinitum-theme-t2597690

Good luck

agonzalez1010

May 12, 2010
Chicago, IL
I like to thank everyone for their suggestions. Based on all the information everyone contributed to this thread I was able to customize my phone to work with the dark themes. Again this was requested because of some vision issues I have and despite one individual who decided to rant off without reading why I requested this, everyone else's suggestions help me set up my phone to work perfectly. Thank you all again.

------------------------TREAD CLOSED---------------------------------------------

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"I have vision issue"
    That's what he said so no its not battery life
    To your problem:
    Install a Rom with inverted ui like mahdi or slimkat and flash the slim gapps. The alomst everything is a nice dark black

Go for Mahdi ROM and flash Slim GAPS with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance,

Angel

Check out team black out. They have flashable zips for tons of apps even for Google now. That way you can keep stock Rom and the okay Google functionality and have blacked out apps. That's what I have, and it's awesome.
    Can you link me to the black team?

www.designrifts.com/teamblackedoutapp/

Thanks in advance,

Angel

You already have the Team Blacked Out link so here is a more obscure theming app. This app allows you to override the colors on most Web pages. It works with both browsers and apps that display html pages within the app itself (eg. Flipboard). I use it on both my Nexus 5&10. Read how it works and how to install here:
    [HOW-TO] Blacked out theme effect for Web pages (needs root)

A theme able alternative to YouTube which has some additional features is called Viral. Find it on the play store. That app allows no end of UI Color theming.

You can also use the XPosed framework and two modules (Gravity Box and HKTheme Manager) to implement dark themes including Color finer tuning nav and status bars. Here is a dark theme on the playstore which works with HKTheme Manager.
    http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/theme-black-blue-infinitum-theme-t2597690

Good luck