then type the following

dd if=/dev/block/stl10 of=/sdcard/dbdata.rfs bs= 4096

then whenn that done do this one

dd if=/dev/block/stl11 of=/sdcard/cache.rfs bs=4096
then take off ur memory card and upload for me so I can flash

nashi20002003

Mar 7, 2010
Unlock Successful on Exhibit I

Hey I was able to unlock as posted in this thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19094856#post19094856

Following the method in the first post. Not the app route....(corrupting IMEI) but the manual one ,then reversed it, and did the code one.

So with the new root access one can unlock going straight to the bin file opening it in Hex and location the code. without modifying the bin file itself. The code is there in the file but root is needed to get to the file.

The OP ...comments..: pay attention to the update...thanks to one user discovery

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1028588

Since this root method is working on Exhibit II...and the two has the 3G band this is a very good thing.

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
damit

ok so almost got out of complete black screen of death perm brick all I need now are the bootloaders so weezy or clay I just need these commands ran and sent to me please. for the following partitions bml1
bml4 and bml5 please

dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/boot.bin bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/bml4 of=/sdcard/sbl.bin bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/bml5 of=/sdcard/sbl2.bin bs=4096

INTELLER3271

Nov 8, 2007
New York
Eh i cant get back into download mode, i tried the pit file, and left it overnight, still hadn't moved, now i took the battery out and back in and i get firmware upgrade failed, try recovery mode.

rhynokilla

Sep 29, 2011
fayetteville nc
all u need to do is extract everything get a program called izarc Install it then in the extracted file just take the zimage right click go to izarc ..add to archive make it a .tar file then flash it in the PDA do not use pit file do not repartition

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Eh i cant get back into download mode, i tried the pit file, and left it overnight, still hadn't moved, now i took the battery out and back in and i get firmware upgrade failed, try recovery mode.

just take battery out plug USB in hit volume up and down at same time then put battery in while still holding button

INTELLER3271

Nov 8, 2007
New York
all u need to do is extract everything get a program called izarc Install it then in the extracted file just take the zimage right click go to izarc ..add to archive make it a .tar file then flash it in the PDA do not use pit file do not repartition

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

just take battery out plug USB in hit volume up and down at same time then put battery in while still holding button

Same window, tried it several times.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.