[Q] PIT/EFS Backup of a brand new P6800

Search This thread

segelfreak2

Jul 28, 2011
Hello @all
since last weekend I'm also a proud owner of a Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wifi+3G 16GB (P6800). Now I have read a lot of threads about rooting,...
But at the very beginning I want to make a backup of all essential parts. In a first step this will include the partition table and the EFS Filesystem.

PIT Backup

=Q1=> Is it true that I'm able to get a backup of my partition table (PIT file) even without rooting my device?
=Q2=> Are the following steps correct?:
1) Put device in download mode
2) Detect device with heimdall
3) Download PIT with Heimdal
=Q3=> Can something go wrong with this method, or should this be absolutely safe?

EFS Backup

To backup my EFS partition, I thought of the following steps:
- Rooting the device
- Using some tool to backup the EFS partition (like KTool for the SGSII / Galaxy Note)
=Q4=> Is there a tool which can provide such a function for the Galaxy Tab?
=Q5=> Or do I need to do it manually, e.g. via "dd" and terminal emulator?

Best regards,
Chris

Last edited:

biopsin

Nov 2, 2010
oslo
Hey

=Q1=> Is it true that I'm able to get a backup of my partition table (PIT file) even without rooting my device?
Think odin/heimdal only reads the file, it doesn't get stored anywhere on the phone..it should however come in the stock_rom_tar file.

Partition table
Just adapt rotohammers old tab7 commands to 7.7 partitions.. I dont trust any backup software unless it spesifies my device is supported

Just call out if something borks:eek::D

Reactions: segelfreak2

segelfreak2

Jul 28, 2011
Regarding the PIT file,
maybe I did not specify that one clearly: My goal is NOT to store the PIT file on the device. I want to download the PIT file to my computer, so I can use it in an emergency to flash a stock firmware with odin & repartition.

Best regards,
Chris

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Regarding the PIT file,
maybe I did not specify that one clearly: My goal is NOT to store the PIT file on the device. I want to download the PIT file to my computer, so I can use it in an emergency to flash a stock firmware with odin & repartition.

Best regards,
Chris
Here is the pitfile of the Galaxy tab P6800 which I got from the Samsung Service Center in after much request.

Attachments

• p8_20111028_3G_16G.rar
    444 bytes · Views: 2,519

segelfreak2

Jul 28, 2011
Hello Manipur,
thank you very much for your answer and the PIT file from Samsung. I will archive it, just for the case that I'm forced to flash my Tab with the Odin repartition option.

Best regards,
Chris

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
thank you so much for this file. after huffing and puffing for literally 4 hours with a soft-bricked p6800 i decided to adventure into unknown territory of the re-partition box in odin.

suffice it to say that i instantly revived the p6800 in less than 5 minutes with this file

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regarding the PIT file,

Best regards,
    Chris
    Here is the pitfile of the Galaxy tab P6800 which I got from the Samsung Service Center in after much request.
    Hey

Think odin/heimdal only reads the file, it doesn't get stored anywhere on the phone..it should however come in the stock_rom_tar file.

Partition table
    Just adapt rotohammers old tab7 commands to 7.7 partitions.. I dont trust any backup software unless it spesifies my device is supported

Just call out if something borks:eek::D