* retired * [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm-10.1] - [april13] - P13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5

For the record, fast charge also hinders usb connectivity while enabled..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
I have tried pairing several bluetooth HID devices (keyboards (apple and motorola) and a logitech travel mouse and they appear to pair properly (the keyboards allowing me to properly enter the code for the pin and they seem to pair, but then after they finish pairing they don't work at all. they refuse to connect despite being paired. please note that bluetooth AUDIO seems to work properly (I was able to connect to a beats pill portable speaker system today), but I can't get any hid device to work at all... please help!

I've tried *completely* wiping my phone (twrp wipe system, data, cache, even internal sd) and still no good... everything else seems fast and responsive in this rom, but the lack of external keyboard support is a real dealbreaker for me (I use the keyboard for taking notes in evernote all the time as well as writing business emails).

thanks in advance!

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin

Changing my LCD density to 220 throws most of my apps into tablet mode anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

len_smith

Jul 27, 2011

How did you get the lock slider icons to be all white? Mine come in as the default OEM icon color. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin

When you choose your slider shortcut tap the icon. Then choose system icon. Choices are kind of limited. Unless you find some more then choose from your gallery.

eugenekim618

Nov 13, 2010
Toronto
Clean flashed Preview 5 yesterday w/ Gapps, no kernal.
I didn't check off fast charge.
But my phone WAS fast charging. The USB cigarette lighter adapter in my car used to put out only 500mA according to Current Widget, and yesterday was putting out 1A. Pretty happy that I didn't have to pull the thing apart to solder the connections, as I had been procrastinating on that.

Clean flashed ROM again by accident. (Clean flash meaning wiped EVERYTHING including internal SD). Must have been too tired from a lot of driving yesterday. :crying: I thought I had not flashed Preview 5.
Now, I am getting only 500mA max with the clean flash from stock wall charger. Reflashed several times this morning.
Installed the latest 4Aces kernal Feb 20 version, Force Fast charging checked, and still getting only 500mA off the wall charger.

Any help would be appreciated.

kimocal

Jul 28, 2006
Pilot Hill, CA
I have tried pairing several bluetooth HID devices (keyboards (apple and motorola) and a logitech travel mouse and they appear to pair properly (the keyboards allowing me to properly enter the code for the pin and they seem to pair, but then after they finish pairing they don't work at all. they refuse to connect despite being paired. please note that bluetooth AUDIO seems to work properly (I was able to connect to a beats pill portable speaker system today), but I can't get any hid device to work at all... please help!

I've tried *completely* wiping my phone (twrp wipe system, data, cache, even internal sd) and still no good... everything else seems fast and responsive in this rom, but the lack of external keyboard support is a real dealbreaker for me (I use the keyboard for taking notes in evernote all the time as well as writing business emails).

thanks in advance!

I think it's just an Android 4.2+ thing with BT mice and keyboards. I use a BT mouse and every 4.2+ ROM I've tried does the same thing. It pairs fine but when I try to conect it quickly disconnects.

people211

Jan 18, 2011

Strange thing happened. I manually rebooted my phone and everything on my home screens disappeared.... And never came back.. Had to recustomize

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

zelipukin

Aug 24, 2009
Jackson
not working list

to avoid numerous oft-recurring Qs about bt/tethering/etc would be nice to have "whats not working/fixed list"

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee

to avoid numerous oft-recurring Qs about bt/tethering/etc would be nice to have "whats not working/fixed list"

Kinda hard to do since everything works, kinks here and there , for the most part different people are having random issues, so if there was something broken on the "preview" rom it would be mentioned. But it is what it is, a preview and people should take it as that. Once it his beta I'm sure we'll see a list.

RoloRacer on JellyBam Galaxy Note

vividblu2020

May 8, 2012
richmond va
if i was coming off of 4.1 ROM's and wanted to prevent from getting the random freeze/reboots, what do i need to do. wipe/reset AND format system? cause im up and running with the rom now, but to many reboots, and freezes. like when i click on a icon, or do switch something fast, i suddenly get the reboot. explain the steps? thanks. sorry if this mentioned before.

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)

if i was coming off of 4.1 ROM's and wanted to prevent from getting the random freeze/reboots, what do i need to do?

Flash an ics rom. :D There doesn't seem to be that many issues on these 4.2.1 build. Wipe cache, davilk, factory reset, wipe system, flash rom, flash correct gapps, and boot. Let it sit and settle.

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
USB problem solved - for me at least

so...for this problem that ive had with the USB storage i think i figured it out. since i am using 41g-4Aces-26-0219 kernel that supports the fast charge option i went to the fast charge settings and it is unticked (off) by default. i ticked (on) and it told me fast charge would be enabled if the kernel supported it blah blah blah. then i turned fast charge back off and plug in my phone and BOOM! USB storage worked again.
i think some how fast charge is actually enable when you first flash the kernel but it shows as not enabled in the fast charge menu option......so give it a try and click it on then off and plug your phone in....it worked for me. :D

Reactions: priest2705 and KSoD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    moving onto a new rom, the official cm nightlies and M releases are doing great :)

13347-cm-10-1-logo

Credits: www.cyanogenmod.com for all your info needs,
    Sources: www.github.com/cyanogenmod for all your source needs

wipe data/system/cache's before installing.
    the above steps arent needed if your flashing from previous build or cm nightly. but is recommended to clear cache after flashing the rom.

rom: Preview 13
    gapps: 4.2.x GAPPS

if you get a recovery error when flashing, either upgrade your cwm or install twrp2*recommended*.

changelog:
    preview 13
    -- merged all up to today
    -- battery bar back
    -- probably more.

preview 12
    -- lots of cm merges since last build
    -- basic stock build with gestures this time around.

preview 11
    -- merged to latest cm merges *there were quite a few*
    -- yes cm's pie is included *settings-system-pie controls*, note: there is no notification/quick settings access in this pie thats pa.
    -- stylus gestures rebased
    -- more here and there just enjoy :)

Credits and Thanks:
    CyanogenMod
    roger_n *for all the help*
    gs2usr *for all the help*
    teamchopsticks *for all the help*
    chris41g for his kernel and work

Extras:
    -- disable cap buttons*plus re-enable* disable - enable flash in recovery. disable key lights in "advanced settings"
    -- if you want per app dpi check HERE
    -- chris41g's kernel here *recommended*
    -- SuperNote from padphone 2 *s-note replacement* HERE - unzip then install like you would any .apk
    preview 7 is up and ready for flashing, enjoy bed time now
    That is just crazy. Shows how much people really do care. When the time comes and you leave people will be upset that there are less and less ROMS for the Note around cause you refuse to post them here or build them to share anymore cause the lack of appreciation.

I would personally hate to see the latter of that. It would suck only having the CM builds only to flash on my Note and not be able to get PA anytime soon.

i wont let 1-2 people ruin it for the rest of you so dont worry about that, there has been way more positive about the release then negative, negative just sticks out a lot more. but honestly if they want silly things they can pm me, im not some big mean green monster or something, im just very outspoken.
    PREVIEW 4 is up
    changelog in op