[Q] For all Sammy's 4.3 users

How is your battery drain with ALL options (WIFI, GPS, Data) turned ON/OFF ?

• ~1% /h with all ON / ~1% /h with all OFF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~2% /h with all ON / ~1% /h with all OFF

• ~1% /h with all ON / ~1% /3hrs with all OFF

• Other (comment)

• Total voters
Search This thread

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Hello all,

I have a question for all users of samsung's 4.3 ROM, it doesn't matter if you have the old or the new bootloader (but please tell me what bootloader you have). I want to know how is your battery drain per hour when the phone is iddle. Cause i don't know anyone who have the galaxy s3 or s3 LTE to tell me the experience.

So, here is my iddle battery usage:

It doesn't matter if WIFI/Data is on or off, i have ~ 1% per hour of drain. If i deactivate ALL the options (wifi, data, gps), it remains about the same. I thinks it is a little weird, cause in 4.1.2 i had ~ 1% per 2 hours, when i switched wifi and data, i had 1% per hour.

The point of this thread is to anyone have a estimate of how is your battery, i don't think my situation is normal but maybe it is a system thing and i want your experiences to know that.

fotbal5

Feb 26, 2011
Timisoara
Hello all,

I have a question for all users of samsung's 4.3 ROM, it doesn't matter if you have the old or the new bootloader (but please tell me what bootloader you have). I want to know how is your battery drain per hour when the phone is iddle. Cause i don't know anyone who have the galaxy s3 or s3 LTE to tell me the experience.

It doesn't matter if WIFI/Data is on or off, i have ~ 1% per hour of drain. If i deactivate ALL the options (wifi, data, gps), it remains about the same. I thinks it is a little weird, cause in 4.1.2 i had ~ 1% per 2 hours, when i switched wifi and data, i had 1% per hour.

The point of this thread is to anyone have a estimate of how is your battery, i don't think my situation is normal but maybe it is a system thing and i want your experiences to know that.

I got no battery problem on Alliance rom (look at my signature for specs).

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Use this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2495276 . Thanks to @Chaitanyapatel8880 , I get 1% dropped in 8hours. Thats's 0.125/h. And 5h of screen ON time, just by following a part of the tutorial. No matter what ROM (AOSP/Sammy based). Just give it a try then come back and report ;)

At least for me, i haven't notice any changes yet. Since we don't have the kernel the OP suggests, im using agni to undervolt, etc. will report tomorrow.

Reactions: Chaitanyapatel8880

samdroid711

May 25, 2013
Use this tutorial: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2495276 . Thanks to @Chaitanyapatel8880 , I get 1% dropped in 8hours. Thats's 0.125/h. And 5h of screen ON time, just by following a part of the tutorial. No matter what ROM (AOSP/Sammy based). Just give it a try then come back and report ;)

Thanks for this!

Also, if you don't have access to 4g might be wise to go into settings-> (under the network section) more -> and set the network mode to 3g and 2g vs auto.

If your provider doesn't have fastdormancy available you can always disable it using the app on the app store :good:

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Hello all,

keep your charger with you at all times.. mine is now on 4.3 and it drains from 100% to 80% in 2 hours with no use, no mobile data.. the day before i put 4.3 on my phone was 100% to 96% in 2 hours.. "UP YOURS SAMSUNG IF I EVER SEE YOU IN THE STREET ILL KNOX YOU OUT"

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
keep your charger with you at all times.. mine is now on 4.3 and it drains from 100% to 80% in 2 hours with no use, no mobile data.. the day before i put 4.3 on my phone was 100% to 96% in 2 hours.. "UP YOURS SAMSUNG IF I EVER SEE YOU IN THE STREET ILL KNOX YOU OUT"

wow, thats a huge drain... i have a question, do you have an email account configured? if yes download wakelock detecter from playstore and see if there are wakelocks from cpu and wakeup from exchange services.
Another thing : did you installed the full rom from eg sammobile? maybe some apps from system are killing the battery too.

well, if you do have an email account configured ( not on gmail app), i recommend you installing a rom from here (if you are rooted) but without the bloat from samsung (i use EVR), and then manually install the samsung apps you want, but not installing the exchange.apk/.odex. This leave you with a little problem configuring the email account, needing to set it up manually, but it works.
in my experience, exchange services didnt allow my phone to deep sleep and almost always working at 1400 Mhz. Hope it helps u

You also can downgrade if you have no choise, but you have to be rooted. There is a question abiut this here, basically you download your 4.1.2 rom, put in your sdcard (external is better, just in case) and install the rom from mobile odin. dont forget to clean all your data after that or the phone will not boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

At least for me, i haven't notice any changes yet. Since we don't have the kernel the OP suggests, im using agni to undervolt, etc. will report tomorrow.
    OK. For me it worked with any kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for this!

Also, if you don't have access to 4g might be wise to go into settings-> (under the network section) more -> and set the network mode to 3g and 2g vs auto.

If your provider doesn't have fastdormancy available you can always disable it using the app on the app store :good:
    Hello all,