[ROM][4.4.2][v500] Beanstalk Build 4.4.275 - 03/27014

Search This thread

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
  • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
  • Customizable Lockscreen text color
  • Lockscreen rotation
  • Option to enable all widgets
  • Minimize lockscreen challange
  • Use widget carousel
  • Slider Shortcuts
  • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
  • Lockscreen button actions
  • LCD Density
  • Scroll elasticity options
  • Default App grip option
  • Custom Carrier label
  • Dual Pane options
  • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
  • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
  • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
  • Status bar color and transparency
  • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
  • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
  • Breathing SMS option
  • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
  • Do not disturb option
  • Show notification count
  • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
  • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
  • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
  • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
  • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
  • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
  • High end graphic effects option
  • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
  • Low battery warning customizable options
  • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
  • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
  • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
  • Less frequent Notification sounds options
  • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
  • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
  • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
  • CM Performance options and features
  • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
  • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
  • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
  • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

* Performance control

Gapps.png

*See 2nd post

Download.png

***For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit www.goo.im/devs/beanstalk***

*See 2nd post

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted with a custom recovery
  • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
  • Boot into recovery
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Flash BeanStalk build
  • Flash GAPPs package
  • Reboot

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
My source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

**I compiled this rom from Scott's repo, using CM's kernel.

-Thanks to Scott for his source and all the other devs out there that contributed to Beanstalk, especially the CM team!-

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Rom:
Beanstalk Build 4.4.275 - 03/27014
*I swapped the nav menu button for the AOKP style
*I noticed the "Beanstalk options/Status Bar/Status Bar Color" option is new. Changes everything but the battery, that has to be changed manually.
*Help me keep an eye out for other features new to this build.

Beanstalk Build 4.4.249 - 02/19/2014
*Initial build

The changelog hasn't been updated in a while so I have nothing official.

Gapps:
4.4 gapps

Extras:
White 1920x1200 4.4+ Boot Animation - Flash in Recovery - Courtesy of EdenGottlieb
Black Beanstalk 4.4+ Boot Animation - Flash in Recovery - Courtesy of skyliner33v

Tips:
Get rid of the android on the lockscreen:
Settings/Lockscreen/Slider Targets: Hit the "reset to default" button in the upper right hand corner.

Last edited:

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Thanks guys, try it out and give me some feedback. Everything's working great on my v500, but if you guys can find a bug i'll try to see what I can do to fix it.

I've run Mahdi since I got my v500, which is a great rom, but I love Beanstalk on my N5 and I wanted to port it to this device. I also figured others might want another good option for a device that so far has pretty limited development.

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Wow!
Its working great!
Very fast and stable, no problems so far.
I like the fact it comes with nova launcher , but it seems a little bit too bloated for me (trebuchet and holo launcher are there for no reason imo)
I am also getting issues with xposed after using titanium backup, also couldn't use my nova layout backup.
I would really enjoy a debloated version that comes with no additional apps, but other than that, it's perfect! You did a spectacular job!
Thank you very much!

Edit: a list of small bugs I find, constantly updated

Performance control makes settings crash
Notification transparency slider is very small
Boot animation is 16:9
ticking contextual notification panel header causes the time and date in Notification panel to be slightly swallowed in black from bottom to top every time you tick until disappearing completely (hard to explain!)
Screen recorder doesn't work

Last edited:
Reactions: Chronzy

android404

Jan 19, 2013
My pad is almost as smooth as my G2 now. None of the other roms I tried was anywhere near this smoothness. And I haven't found any real issue. Great work!

Reactions: Chronzy

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Awesome port. I love beanstalk. Ridiculous amounts of customization. Been running for a little while, but have a few small bugs to report. Let me know if you want logs.
-performance control in settings fc's when trying to open
-lock ring handle will not change to default standard, it stays beanstalk
-if menu nav key added, it double vibrates (if vibrate enabled) when tapping. This one bugs me, I don't know why!
That's it for now, nothing drastic, simply awesome
-:D

android404

Jan 19, 2013
I'm having the performance control fc too, but I had this on several other roms on different phones. And I have an app for that. There was one more fc, I think in the beanstalk options somewhe somewhe, I don't remember where exactly.

Last edited:

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX

ticking contextual notification panel header causes the time and date in Notification panel to be slightly swallowed in black from bottom to top every time you tick until disappearing completely (hard to explain!)

-Yes I see performance control's not working. I'm checking into it, it's got to do with the kernel. If I find a fix I'll update, but for now it remains a broken feature.
-Status bar too small- the dpi seems to default to 270 even though it says 320 in the build.prop. You can change the dpi using Rom toolbox. Forgot.. there's also a density setting in Beanstalk options/Misc. options. Set it to 320 there.
-The boot animation is 1920H x 1080W. I'm thinking about resizing it to 1200W.
-"ticking contextual notification panel header"- when you correct the dpi to 320, the height is fine, just the width is off. The ends are chopped off the image. I guess this is another 1080vs1200 incompatibility. I'll look into it.
Screen recorder- I don't use it and i really have no how to fix it. I don't even know how to turn it on. I'll keep an eye open for a fix though.

Awesome port. I love beanstalk. Ridiculous amounts of customization. Been running for a little while, but have a few small bugs to report. Let me know if you want logs.
-if menu nav key added, it double vibrates (if vibrate enabled) when tapping. This one bugs me, I don't know why!

-Kernel issue with performance control like stated above.
-default lock ring handle is a BS bug, but I'll see if I can fix that. So is the double vibe on the menu key. I have both of those issues on my N5. Neither really bother me though.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I can tell you're both testing it thoroughly. Performance control seems to be the big issue that stands out (I don't oc anymore so I didn't notice initially), but everything else seems pretty minor. Although I'll continue to try to fix the little stuff too.

Keep in mind that I'm not an experienced developer, this is my first rom to compile and port so bear with me while we try to get the kinks ironed out. I welcome any help in trying to perfect this rom. Credit will be given in the OP!

Last edited:

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
-Yes I see performance control's not working. I'm checking into it, it's got to do with the kernel. If I find a fix I'll update, but for now it remains a broken feature.

-Status bar too small- the dpi seems to default to 270 even though it says 320 in the build.prop. You can change the dpi using Rom toolbox. Or try editing the build.prop to a different dpi and back to 320 to see if it sticks. Rom toolbox definitely works though.

-"ticking contextual notification panel header"- when you correct the dpi to 320, the height is fine, just the width is off. The ends are chopped off the image. I guess this is another 1080vs1200 incompatibility. I'll look into it.

Screen recorder- I don't use it and i really have no how to fix it. I don't even know how to turn it on. I'll keep an eye open for a fix though.

-default lock ring handle is a BS bug, but I'll see if I can fix that. So is the double vibe on the menu key. I have both of those issues on my N5. Neither really bother me though.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I can tell you're both testing it thoroughly. Performance control seems to be the big issue that stands out (I don't oc anymore so I didn't notice initially), but everything else seems pretty minor. Although I'll continue to try to fix the little stuff too.

Keep in mind that I'm not an experienced developer, this is my first rom to compile and port so bear with me while we try to get the kinks ironed out. I welcome any help in trying to perfect this rom. Credit will be given in the OP!

Wow! Thanks for responding to all of us so fast!
Tell me if you want me to create the new boot animation for you so you have less work.
BTW, What about being a little too bloated? The only thing I really want is Xposed out of settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Wow! Thanks for responding to all of us so fast!
Tell me if you want me to create the new boot animation for you so you have less work.
BTW, What about being a little too bloated? The only thing I really want is Xposed out of settings

Sure, go for the boot animation. I'm thinking about resizing the black one listed in under extras in the OP and using that one.

I'm trying to keep this rom as close to Scott's BS source as possible so I don't know about removing apps. You have the option of doing that yourself with Titanium Backup if you like.

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Sure, go for the boot animation. I'm thinking about resizing the black one listed in under extras in the OP and using that one.

I'm trying to keep this rom as close to Scott's BS source as possible so I don't know about removing apps. You have the option of doing that yourself with Titanium Backup if you like.

I couldn't uninstall xposed...
I think you don't need to resize the black one because it has black borders, no? Only the white one

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I couldn't uninstall xposed...
I think you don't need to resize the black one because it has black borders, no? Only the white one

I was able to uninstall xposed. When clicking on Frameworks and Modules under Display and Animations it FC's settings now so its definitely gone. Why do you want to uninstall it? Why not just not use it lol.

The black animation looks kinda grainy like the white one so I was just gonna hop in photoshop and see what I can do to clean it up. You're welcome to pitch in on either one, by all means.

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
I was able to uninstall xposed. When clicking on Frameworks and Modules under Display and Animations it FC's settings now so its definitely gone. Why do you want to uninstall it? Why not just not use it lol.

The black animation looks kinda grainy like the white one so I was just gonna hop in photoshop and see what I can do to clean it up. You're welcome to pitch in on either one, by all means.

Ill work on the boot animation.
They only reason I want to uninstall xposed is to install it again on my homescreen

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
[ROM][4.4.2][v500] BeanStalk Build 4.4.249 (02/19/2014)

Can i flash black bootanim to my lg g2 phone with beanstalk?

Odesláno z mého LG-G2 pomocí Tapatalk 2

I think not, it's not the same aspect ration and it will look a bit squished. Do you want me to make a special black one, just for you? :)
BTW - the bootanimation I uploaded is NOT flashable, does anybody want me to upload a flashable one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk-Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Bugs.png

* Performance control

Gapps.png

*See 2nd post

Download.png

***For a complete listing of all supported BeanStalk devices and downloads, please visit www.goo.im/devs/beanstalk***

*See 2nd post

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

• Make sure you are rooted with a custom recovery
    • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
    • Boot into recovery
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash BeanStalk build
    • Flash GAPPs package
    • Reboot

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    My source can be found HERE

Donate.png

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

**I compiled this rom from Scott's repo, using CM's kernel.

-Thanks to Scott for his source and all the other devs out there that contributed to Beanstalk, especially the CM team!-

Enjoy!
    Rom:
    Beanstalk Build 4.4.275 - 03/27014
    *I swapped the nav menu button for the AOKP style
    *I noticed the "Beanstalk options/Status Bar/Status Bar Color" option is new. Changes everything but the battery, that has to be changed manually.
    *Help me keep an eye out for other features new to this build.

Beanstalk Build 4.4.249 - 02/19/2014
    *Initial build

The changelog hasn't been updated in a while so I have nothing official.

Gapps:
    4.4 gapps

Extras:
    White 1920x1200 4.4+ Boot Animation - Flash in Recovery - Courtesy of EdenGottlieb
    Black Beanstalk 4.4+ Boot Animation - Flash in Recovery - Courtesy of skyliner33v

Tips:
    Get rid of the android on the lockscreen:
    Settings/Lockscreen/Slider Targets: Hit the "reset to default" button in the upper right hand corner.
    Thanks guys, try it out and give me some feedback. Everything's working great on my v500, but if you guys can find a bug i'll try to see what I can do to fix it.

I've run Mahdi since I got my v500, which is a great rom, but I love Beanstalk on my N5 and I wanted to port it to this device. I also figured others might want another good option for a device that so far has pretty limited development.

-Status bar too small- the dpi seems to default to 270 even though it says 320 in the build.prop. You can change the dpi using Rom toolbox. Forgot.. there's also a density setting in Beanstalk options/Misc. options. Set it to 320 there.

Smart cover can work or not for this rom?
    Thanks
    Yes, it does.

Been meaning to tweak a few things for this rom but I've been busy lately. Plus I'm dealing with try to recover a 1TB backup drive that I accidentally FORMATTED. I'll try to get back to work on this soon.