Install make command on my Android??

Search This thread

codecaine21

Feb 16, 2012
Is it possible to manually install/build the make command on an android device. Before you suggest it, botbrew doesn't want to work for my Nexus 5 or TMO SGS4. Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

codecaine21

Feb 16, 2012
Don't see why you need make. There's an apk here ( http://botbrew.com/). Don't know if this is possible, if you want to compile stuff why not cross-compile?

Not brew spews all kinds of errors and won't work. How would I cross compile the make command for my phone or utils and or packages in general??

Last edited:

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Not brew spews all kinds of errors and won't work. How would I cross compile the make command for my phone or utils and or packages in general??

What do you want to do? Build stuff? Do you have a bunch of makefiles you need running? I think that you'd still need a toolchain to build stuff, not just make.

My suggestion was to cross compile stuff on your PC that runs on your PHONE.

codecaine21

Feb 16, 2012
What do you want to do? Build stuff? Do you have a bunch of makefiles you need running? I think that you'd still need a toolchain to build stuff, not just make.

My suggestion was to cross compile stuff on your PC that runs on your PHONE.

Exactly what I want to do. Build a program from source. A C program tarball. But yes I have make files and all that good stuff. I can easily build on my Linux box but not my phone.

How do I go about building a toolchain and cross compiling? Do you have any links handy?

codecaine21

Feb 16, 2012
I think the NDK is what I'm looking for. I hope it can cross compile lakes with make files, multiple c programs and shared object files.