Droid Ultra AT&T Nano Sim

Search This thread

eek88dj

Nov 9, 2010
Circleville, OH
Yes it works I'm proof of it! I bought the nano Sim card it works. You can talk and text ....have 3G only and use WiFi also but hey it works my cell bill going be a lot cheaper also any Verizon 4G LTE will worked they are unlocked here in the US also not just international put your mobile network on Global setting and u can't text pictures but no big deal unless there a fix for that.....I'm glad I done research on this guys at XDA HELP ME!! Special thanks to kuz142......

Last edited:
Reactions: spiral777

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
But I thought these phones are locked down by verizon in US?

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

thats what everybody thought...but when I saw a guy post that he was on t-mobile overseas...i thought i would give it a shot.
all i did was switch the sims and it imediately started to pick up T-mobiles network...and my phone is still locked and unrooted
everything works on HSPA+, calls work fine, and on 4GLTE the internet was great but i couldnt send texts

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-10-07-19-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-10-07-19-54.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Screenshot_2014-01-09-11-45-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-09-11-45-19.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,181
Reactions: eek88dj

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
thats what everybody thought...but when I saw a guy post that he was on t-mobile overseas...i thought i would give it a shot.
all i did was switch the sims and it imediately started to pick up T-mobiles network...and my phone is still locked and unrooted
everything works on HSPA+, calls work fine, and on 4GLTE the internet was great but i couldnt send texts

Everybody is a bit of a stretch. All VZW 4G phones are SIM unlocked due to their block C agreement with the FCC. It's been this way for about a year. Maybe a little longer.

OP: If you enter the proper APN information and your account is provisioned properly you should be able to get HSPA+ and messaging working. You'll also get VERY limited LTE coverage as AT&T does utilize a small amount of Band 4 depending where you live.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I started a thread a while back that might help you... It's literally listed right next to this. It should help you if you upgrade to 4.4 before they fix the issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591954

Reactions: eek88dj

eek88dj

Nov 9, 2010
Circleville, OH
Everybody is a bit of a stretch. All VZW 4G phones are SIM unlocked due to their block C agreement with the FCC. It's been this way for about a year. Maybe a little longer.

OP: If you enter the proper APN information and your account is provisioned properly you should be able to get HSPA+ and messaging working. You'll also get VERY limited LTE coverage as AT&T does utilize a small amount of Band 4 depending where you live.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I started a thread a while back that might help you... It's literally listed right next to this. It should help you if you upgrade to 4.4 before they fix the issues.

Mine is just stock 4.4 Ultra I have text and talk and 3G can't send pictures by text everything else is ok. No drop calls texting works great...I can't complain at all saves me lot of money. Like I said my Droid Ultra is just stock not rooted.

eek88dj

Nov 9, 2010
Circleville, OH
Mine is just stock 4.4 Ultra I have text and talk and 3G can't send pictures by text everything else is ok. No drop calls texting works great...I can't complain at all saves me lot of money. Like I said my Droid Ultra is just stock not rooted.
I change the APN settings now I can send pictures by text thank you.....kuz142 has help me a lot on this research to...lot of thanks go to him....

Last edited:

eek88dj

Nov 9, 2010
Circleville, OH
I change the APN settings now I can send pictures by text thank you.....kuz142 has help me a lot on this research to...lot of thanks go to him....
So far everything working great it been four days no problems it on H+ I wish I could get LTE but I don't know how...if some one knows please let know I'm a noob I'm learning a lot from you guys....thanks

cpj2485

Feb 18, 2014
Detail?

Can you please post the APN steps used on 4.4 to get the messaging working as I plan on doing the same with my droid maxx.

Kylem

Dec 10, 2009
I'm on aio wireless (att) now with my maxx. I get edge, H and H+ everywhere I go. $35/mo for unlimited t/t and 3g data. I'm on Wi-Fi everywhere else. All functions work perfectly.

Reactions: raiderep

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
I'm on aio wireless (att) now with my maxx. I get edge, H and H+ everywhere I go. $35/mo for unlimited t/t and 3g data. I'm on Wi-Fi everywhere else. All functions work perfectly.

Sweet, I have a droid mini on the way and aio is what I'll probably end up using. T-Mobile isn't refarmed here yet so I'll be between LTE and edge which sucks, already been there once before.

gabo_e30

Jan 30, 2012

What speeds are you getting on aio (now cricket) on H+?

How strong is your signal?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cal4877

Dec 25, 2010
Los Angeles
all of Motorola phones for Verizon are factory unlocked , not many people know about it. I have cricket and I get 4g lte. I also have a moto x and works beautiful.

aia832003

Mar 28, 2011
all of Motorola phones for Verizon are factory unlocked , not many people know about it. I have cricket and I get 4g lte. I also have a moto x and works beautiful.

What kinda of speeds do you get and what APN settings are you using? I plan to make the switch with my Maxx next week to Cricket.

ZSwagger1988

Dec 1, 2013
Charleston, WV
I have my Droid Maxx on Straight Talk through AT&T towers. I get LTE but I cant send any texts and the calls dont go out, is there a fix for this? Also every time I put in my APN settings, save, and select them and and then go out of my settings it resets and doesn't keep it selected. Any ideas on these issues I'm on 4.4.4 stock, rooted, debloated, and unlocked boot loader. Thanks

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I have my Droid Maxx on Straight Talk through AT&T towers. I get LTE but I cant send any texts and the calls dont go out, is there a fix for this? Also every time I put in my APN settings, save, and select them and and then go out of my settings it resets and doesn't keep it selected. Any ideas on these issues I'm on 4.4.4 stock, rooted, debloated, and unlocked boot loader. Thanks

That doesn't sound right. I've been on AT&T with my bootloader unlocked Droid Maxx for ages and have never gotten LTE (despite getting it in the same locations with a Dev Edition Moto X). APN settings are correct, but the phone lacks the proper radios to pick up AT&T LTE. Sure you aren't getting HPSA+? Everything works flawlessly here out of the box.

ZSwagger1988

Dec 1, 2013
Charleston, WV
That doesn't sound right. I've been on AT&T with my bootloader unlocked Droid Maxx for ages and have never gotten LTE (despite getting it in the same locations with a Dev Edition Moto X). APN settings are correct, but the phone lacks the proper radios to pick up AT&T LTE. Sure you aren't getting HPSA+? Everything works flawlessly here out of the box.

It says 4GLTE and the speeds are there AT&T uses a small bit of band 4 for LTE its says that on here somewhere and I guess I'm picking that up.I searched deeper and I found the different forums that LTE is a pain on 4.4.x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it works I'm proof of it! I bought the nano Sim card it works. You can talk and text ....have 3G only and use WiFi also but hey it works my cell bill going be a lot cheaper also any Verizon 4G LTE will worked they are unlocked here in the US also not just international put your mobile network on Global setting and u can't text pictures but no big deal unless there a fix for that.....I'm glad I done research on this guys at XDA HELP ME!! Special thanks to kuz142......
    But I thought these phones are locked down by verizon in US?

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app