[Q] Flashing to different region firmware

Search This thread

adb7

Dec 7, 2013
Hi everyone

I've recently switched from the iCraps to a Galaxy Note 3 international version so I'm still really new at all this and trying to read up and learn what all the terminology means.

I want to flash my note 3 to another region's firmware. I've been reading all the forum posts and i'm getting conflicting information.
Im currently on AP: n900XXUBMI7, CP: n9005XXUBMI6, CSC: n9005XSABMI1
I just have a few questions:

1) I want to flash the UK firmware however i want the option to go back to the Australian firmware in the future without tripping knox. Which firmware is the best to use? I've been reading that updating to MJ3 wont allow u to downgrade or root the device without tripping knox

2) What does MJ6, MJ3, MI7 refer to? Is it the AP?

3) How do I go about flashing the firmware?

3)Can anyone link me to any good guides or webpages that will explain everything (like what AP and CSC mean and their significance?)

If you could point me to any other information that I should/need to know abouting flashing to other region's firmware that would be greatly appreciated. As I said I'm very knew to android, it's much more difficult to get ur head around compared to the iCraps

o0o.paw

Dec 31, 2011
Perth
Hi,
I used this firmware BTU-N9005XXUDMJ7. If you do a Google search you should come up with it (That's what I did). I cam from the stock Virgin Australia rom (Which is really an Optus one).
Root first using the Universal Root de la Vega v0.2 method.
Purchase Mobil Odin Pro app from Google Play
When flashing I did not flash the modems, apparently this helps with downgrading to the stock Australian firmware is required (I am not sure if this is true as I have not tried it).
I've had no issues with it and flashed with mobile Odin twice using the same firmware as I have been experimenting with the Sony media apps to try and get everything working. Read the mobile Odin thread to get the lowdown on how to use it. To not flash the modems you select each section individually (you'll see what I mean in the app).
I only did this last night but haven't had any issues so far (other than me playing around with the system files and stuffing up).