After applying root to 4.4.2 screen turns on by itself

Search This thread

pancomido

Dec 2, 2011
So, I got the 4.4.2 OTA some days ago and just today I realised I had lost root. Also, I could not enter TWRP, so I flashed TWRP again and rooted the phone.

Everything went fine, but now the screens turns on by itself to show the lock screen every 3 or 4 minutes. I tried rebooting and then I tried wiping caches, but it's still the same.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Maxyman

Dec 7, 2013
Australia
www.facebook.com
So, I got the 4.4.2 OTA some days ago and just today I realised I had lost root. Also, I could not enter TWRP, so I flashed TWRP again and rooted the phone.

Everything went fine, but now the screens turns on by itself to show the lock screen every 3 or 4 minutes. I tried rebooting and then I tried wiping caches, but it's still the same.

Any ideas? Thanks!

It depends on a few factors, I think. 1) Do you have any apps that could induce a screen wake? 2) While rooted did you have any custom configs on your phone that is not part of the STOCK KitKat?

Look, my best solution especially since after an OTA while rooted is to do a factory reset and rerooting after that initial setup. I know that's not the most attractive option but if you can do it I would suggest to do it.

Oh oh, also, for some reason--and this is with FULL DISCLAIMER that I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS YOU MAY INCUR or if your phone EXPLODES--but whenever I do a factory wipe from recovery (I use TWRP) I don't lose my personal data, such as photos and music, because it only wipes Data, Cache, and Dalvik--which only holds apps and stuff. From my understanding, libraries from Music and Photos are in the *SDCARD* folder which isn't deleted in the factory reset function. Anyhoo... I suggest to do a FULL BACKUP before attempting anything :) I'm totally not responsible for ANY LOSS OF DATA :eek:

Haha... See how that goes ;)

Reactions: pancomido

chi_heng

Sep 17, 2013
check if you have forgotten to grant permission for apps that require roots to work (e.g. Greenify, betterbattery, etc). When they ask for permission for root access in the background they will switch on the screen. This odd behaviour should go away once you have grant them access.

pancomido

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks, guys. I was just coming back to say that it is fixed. Good to know about the wipe not affecting the emulated sdcard, Maxy.

It was actually because of what chi_heng said, I think. After rooting many apps were supposed to get permissions but SU wouldn't show the dialogue. I rebooted again a few times and waited and then some of those dialogues came up.

Thanks!

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
check if you have forgotten to grant permission for apps that require roots to work (e.g. Greenify, betterbattery, etc). When they ask for permission for root access in the background they will switch on the screen. This odd behaviour should go away once you have grant them access.

yep.. u are right.. this was happening to me the other day but on my nexus 7..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas? Thanks!

It depends on a few factors, I think. 1) Do you have any apps that could induce a screen wake? 2) While rooted did you have any custom configs on your phone that is not part of the STOCK KitKat?

Look, my best solution especially since after an OTA while rooted is to do a factory reset and rerooting after that initial setup. I know that's not the most attractive option but if you can do it I would suggest to do it.

Oh oh, also, for some reason--and this is with FULL DISCLAIMER that I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS YOU MAY INCUR or if your phone EXPLODES--but whenever I do a factory wipe from recovery (I use TWRP) I don't lose my personal data, such as photos and music, because it only wipes Data, Cache, and Dalvik--which only holds apps and stuff. From my understanding, libraries from Music and Photos are in the *SDCARD* folder which isn't deleted in the factory reset function. Anyhoo... I suggest to do a FULL BACKUP before attempting anything :) I'm totally not responsible for ANY LOSS OF DATA :eek:

Haha... See how that goes ;)