I Hard-Bricked my SGS 3 Mini

Search This thread

TNSM

Feb 20, 2014
Hello, my name is TNSM and i'm new here. I signed up because i can't find anything on the internet that can help me, so i thought maybe someone here may be able to help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 and i'm experienced with rooting and flashing custom roms stuff. So, i was looking everywhere for a rom that included the HALO feature and after days of failed research, i found a link on Youtube to download a rom with Halo for my smartphone. I went into the recovery, backed up my current rom, wiped data and performed a factory reset, installed the rom and rebooted the phone... but after i chose the "Reboot" option, the phone never again gave a sign of life. It doesn't turn on, it doesn't show any lights whatsoever, i've tried to charge it overnight, but still nothing, considered buying a USB JIG but didn't work, my cousin says the phone seems like it doesn't even have the bootloader anymore... is my phone more than hard-bricked? Is there a way to wake my phone up again? Just for the record, it has no physical damage, it just seems like it has no software inside, that it's just hardware. By the way, when i connect it to the pc using the usb cable, the pc keeps playing the sound that something was plugged in and that something was plugged out right after, and it loops forever.

I'll give more information about the phone if needed. And i hope someone's able to help me.

- TNSM

Clostry

Jan 7, 2014
Hello, my name is TNSM and i'm new here. I signed up because i can't find anything on the internet that can help me, so i thought maybe someone here may be able to help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 and i'm experienced with rooting and flashing custom roms stuff. So, i was looking everywhere for a rom that included the HALO feature and after days of failed research, i found a link on Youtube to download a rom with Halo for my smartphone. I went into the recovery, backed up my current rom, wiped data and performed a factory reset, installed the rom and rebooted the phone... but after i chose the "Reboot" option, the phone never again gave a sign of life. It doesn't turn on, it doesn't show any lights whatsoever, i've tried to charge it overnight, but still nothing, considered buying a USB JIG but didn't work, my cousin says the phone seems like it doesn't even have the bootloader anymore... is my phone more than hard-bricked? Is there a way to wake my phone up again? Just for the record, it has no physical damage, it just seems like it has no software inside, that it's just hardware. By the way, when i connect it to the pc using the usb cable, the pc keeps playing the sound that something was plugged in and that something was plugged out right after, and it loops forever.

I'll give more information about the phone if needed. And i hope someone's able to help me.

- TNSM

You may try to pull off the battery for few mins, then with someone's help hold the 3 buttons for download mode and then plug in the battery...
If you can't turn it in download mode there's no way to fix it, except jtag maybe.