[STOCK][C6503][4.3] Update to 10.4.1.B.0.101 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

amedeo24

Nov 23, 2006
Frankfurt
Did you enable init.d?? I enabled that and faced the same problem....I think problem is supersu being in daemon mode (nut has warned something about the same in the OP) .... Fixed the same by going to Playstore and uninstalling then reinstalling supersu ;)

If you feel that I've helped you in anyway, please hit the thank button :D
Sent from my Xperia ZL(4.3 Stock , Rooted , Xposed) (C6502) using Tapatalk 4.4.4

No ,i have not enabled init.d! I have tried to install SuperSu over Playstore, but it does not work! Also i can not unsinstall SuperSU ! :(

CronosTech

Oct 2, 2012
Delhi
Solution For C6502 Users ???

Thank you :)[/QUOTE]
Hey [NUT] i have a ZL c6502 and this rooting method of yours only has the ftf's for c6503. I know that we can flash 6503's ftf too and i infact did it and everything works perfectly fine with the phone and its rooted but the only thing is that even after flashing the flashable.101 zip and flashing the stripped the .101 ftf i'm getting an update notification for .101 of 35mb although i am already on .101. i tried updating but then it says update failed.

I'm attaching a screenshot for the same and yeah please tell me will it help if i flash the rom from this link :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655100
it is an indian ftf and if i flash the whole rom except the kernel then will the root remain or go ?????? and how to keep the root if we want to flash the 4.3 ftf for c6502 ???? Please help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-02-20-36-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-02-20-36-50.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
Hey [NUT] i have a ZL c6502 and this rooting method of yours only has the ftf's for c6503. I know that we can flash 6503's ftf too and i infact did it and everything works perfectly fine with the phone and its rooted but the only thing is that even after flashing the flashable.101 zip and flashing the stripped the .101 ftf i'm getting an update notification for .101 of 35mb although i am already on .101. i tried updating but then it says update failed.

I'm attaching a screenshot for the same and yeah please tell me will it help if i flash the rom from this link :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655100
it is an indian ftf and if i flash the whole rom except the kernel then will the root remain or go ?????? and how to keep the root if we want to flash the 4.3 ftf for c6502 ???? Please help

clear data of update centre and reboot
also please edit ur post and remove the entire op u have posted .. there is no need for that

CronosTech

Oct 2, 2012
Delhi
Hey DemonicAngel i got that but is there no way to get the c6502 firmware working on the zl. Will the firmware lose root if i flash the ftf excluding the kernel. ????

amedeo24

Nov 23, 2006
Frankfurt
Hi, i have the same problem.Can you help me? Where can i find the recovery batch file?How can i get root back?Thank You.

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk

Hello [NUT] and [mercuriussan]
as already described a few days ago I need help. I'm looking for the batch file which was released for 10.3.1.A.2.67 to reinstall the Recovery.
Furthermore, a update file by Chainfire should be installed. Where can I get these?
Would appreciate a quick help. Many thanks.

lclaudiogb

Sep 17, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Installed following strictly OP instructions, as with .569, everything working fine, just great. The only thing is that as before when I installed .569, I had to apply the remount/reboot Fix again, otherwise Foldermount does not mount pairs. This time phone didn´t reboot but got a error message when trying to mount what was corrected after applying the fix.
Thx NUT

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
Hello [NUT] and [mercuriussan]
as already described a few days ago I need help. I'm looking for the batch file which was released for 10.3.1.A.2.67 to reinstall the Recovery.
Furthermore, a update file by Chainfire should be installed. Where can I get these?
Would appreciate a quick help. Many thanks.

here is the ftf for 2.67 c6502 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458246
if u want for other version please search the forum they are there .. chainfire super user fix ? there is one on nut's website at the end of the page there

satvikvg

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
hey nut..
c6502 .569 kernel and .101 kernel both are same or both are different one...

what about c6503 .101 kernel and c6502 .101 kernel are they same...?

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
I used nuts update zip and stripped ftf.. afrer flashing everything is fine,, but NFC icon is not displaying... and my network data icon is not displaying even its active... can u suggest me to find whats the problem...?

thats weird .. they are working but not showing ? :S
did u wipe data before flashing the zip ? try once more

satvikvg

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
thats weird .. they are working but not showing ? :S
did u wipe data before flashing the zip ? try once more

Bro I wiped data system everything I tried.. But I got NFC on but the is no icon getting displayed on notification bar... See the attachment screen shot..

I used c6503 striped ftf and flashable c6503 zip provided in op on my C6502 device..

Attachments

• 1394731468662.jpg
    1394731468662.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 167

batrian

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Bro I wiped data system everything I tried.. But I got NFC on but the is no icon getting displayed on notification bar... See the attachment screen shot..

I used c6503 striped ftf and flashable c6503 zip provided in op on my C6502 device..

Hi bro, you might need to edit your build.prop

go to slightly very end of the prop and look for
#NFC
and check : ro.nfc.icon.enable = true . If its false, just change it to "true". and restart. Hopefully it helps :)

Reactions: demonicangell™

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
@[NUT] Question - I remember there being an issue with DEODEXING the 569 verison... does the stock 101 deodex ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 10.4.1.B.0.101:
    1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Update to 10.4.B.0.569;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)
    Creating 10.5.A.0.230 FTF bundles for the C6502 (Cust. US), C6503 (Journalists) and C6606 (Cust. US) at the moment.

I hope to release a new package in a few days tops.

Hang in there folks :)
    Tips and Tricks

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
    NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
    NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
    • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Restore backup without TA
    • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
    • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
    Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

I know, but I want to create them myself to make damn sure they check out ok.

Thanks for the heads-up though.
    Great news folks, the kitkat update is working like a dream on the Xperia Z so it won't take long anymore :D