[Update] All variants of the HTC One Max KitKat 4.4.2 source is available! 04/18/2014

Search This thread

Murrda

Apr 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
Thanks for the update, I updated the OP to reflect it. Hopefully this means good news for the US carriers i.e: Verizon and Sprint and we get our love of Kit Kat chocolatey Android goodness very soon, especially since both Verizon and Sprint are in the certification process with the carriers and the next step is to push it out via Over The Air.... We can only hope it comes sooner then later... :))))))

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Is 4.3 the only software we can flash? Was wondering if there were any devs working on 4.4 for the VERIZON one max.

OneMax -VZW- S-off? rooted twrp recovery and RedTex Free
Rom-Viper

Murrda

Apr 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
That's correct.. That's because the Sprint version has not been updated to Kit Kat yet. Only 4.4.x sources will be for devices currently running a 4.4.x version of Android.... We will have Kit Kat unofficially very soon courtesy of Flyhalf mainly and Zarboz now!! Maybe some sbrissen love as well!

4.4 source code that HTC rolled out is not for the Sprint version of the Max....:crying::crying:

justjayhere

Oct 1, 2010
Is 4.3 the only software we can flash? Was wondering if there were any devs working on 4.4 for the VERIZON one max.

OneMax -VZW- S-off? rooted twrp recovery and RedTex Free
Rom-Viper

I believe Dev: "imtheonetheycallneo" has just got his hands on the One MAX.. so it should get Next Level up in here soon... He is very masterful with HTC devices.

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
I believe Dev: "imtheonetheycallneo" has just got his hands on the One MAX.. so it should get Next Level up in here soon... He is very masterful with HTC devices.

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris

Great too hear. I hope someone gets the ball rollin.

djnikko

Mar 16, 2007
www.boostfm.com
I could see why there is a delay in kit Kat for Verizon. There is an sd card slot on our phones. Android 4.4 does not allow generously for sd cards, due to security reasons. This is just a thought, based on rss feeds.

enscribed on an HTC One Max

itsumi

Dec 27, 2011
Georgsmarienhütte
I could see why there is a delay in kit Kat for Verizon. There is an sd card slot on our phones. Android 4.4 does not allow generously for sd cards, due to security reasons. This is just a thought, based on rss feeds.

enscribed on an HTC One Max

My international one has an SD slot, too. I think all One Max have it. So that can't really be a reason for it, since we already got 4.4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am so close guys! Just a few more tweaks and I should have it building.
    Alright. Since I have to be up and at work in 6 hours and a nice 8 hour shift... I won't pull a all nighter to get CM running. Expect a build tomorrow night guys :fingers-crossed::D Unless something major comes up...
    To all developers....... Go get some Dev on!!! ;)

April 18th 2014
    HTC is finally on a roll and really following through with their promises.. All variants of the HTC One Max kernel source is now available for Android 4.4.2!!!! Lets hope and pray that this can really assist Flyhalf and Sbrissen finish off what's left with the CM11 build... To anyone wanting to contribute to the project or want to tinker with the newly released KitKat 4.4.2 source head on over to HTCDev.com and as of typing this the source for all Max variants are on pages 1 and 2...

March 4th 2014
    HTC finally got around to posting the kernel source for Big Red.... Yes you read that correct lol! Verizon Wireless HTC One Max kernel source finally posted!!! The kernel source of course is for Android 4.3, but HTC didn't stop there either and actually went ahead and posted the Kit Kat 4.4.2 kernel source for the Asian variants of the One Max.. This could potentially be beneficial to us here state wide, this will especially be beneficial to someone like focus.lau who early on had a CyanogenMOD 11 build going and had it going pretty well! After speaking to my boy Fly the Verizon source would be about a 1% increase in help since we already had the Sprint source last week and he's already gained some ground with what he has working. Speaking first hand on the Verizon Wireless CyanogenMOD 11 build that Fly has going it's pretty damn sweet lol!! I've been using it since last night and from what I found left to be fixed before it's 100% stable is WiFi, Bluetooth, external SD card not being recognized.. External SD he said has a fix for... The WiFi, Bluetooth deal is a "prima wlan" issue, but to be honest I have a world of faith in him and the people he has investing time in to it. It's only a matter of time, and I'd say probably not to much more time to go before we here are all rocking out with some source built CM..... Yummy!!!!!!!

February 27th 2014
    HTC has posted the kernel source code for more carriers expanding the list including what looks like to me as the Dual Sim One Max.. Head on over to HTCDev.com and currently on page one the entire list as of the moment of me typing this is One Max source code top to bottom.. So far the list has been expanded to the following regions/carriers etc

February 21st 2014
    To anyone with an International or CDMA HTC One Max looking to build AOSP source built ROMs now is the time!! Granted it is the kernel source for 4.3 but hey at least we finally got something!!! Anyone looking for the source head on over to HTCDev click kernel source then click downloads and they are currently on the very first page!!!!

Mods if this is to short and generic feel free to close the thread I just posted so it was by itself and everyone could see the title and be aware so we can start getting some AOSP action here!

March 4th Release

One max
    Verizon
    WWE
    v4.3 99.3 MB

One max
    HTC
    EU
    v4.4.2 99.3 MB

One max
    Brightstar US
    WWE
    v4.4.2 99.3 MB

One max
    hTC Asia
    WWE
    v4.4.2 99.3 MB

February 21st Release

Sprint
    WWE
    v4.3 99.2 MB

Sprint
    WWE
    v4.3 99.2 MB

Vodafone
    UK
    v4.3 99.2 MB

February 27th Release

O2
    DE
    v4.3 99.2 MB

HTC
    EU
    v4.3 99.2 MB

HTC Asia
    TW
    v4.3 99.2 MB

HTC Asia
    TW
    v4.3 99.2 MB
    1.19.709.2_R

HTC
    EU
    v4.3 99.2 MB

Vodafone
    UK
    v4.3 99.2 MB

O2
    DE
    v4.3 99.2 MB

Vodafone
    UK
    v4.3 99.2 MB

Brightstar US
    WWE
    v4.3 102 MB
    Just giving out an update. It boots! Camera and RIL 3G/4G SMS works. Wifi/Bt and Audio are broken. Zarboz may have WiFi/Bt working soon. I'm saving audio for last.
    Who all is going to work on CM? Should have a build running tonight sometime. Once booted. Majority of everything should work. A lot of kernel work. Merging the board files with the CM msm8960 so we can get a pull request eventually then to official CM.

Eventually GPE. Will be on the last of my list if no one else gets to it first.

EDIT: Doesn't look like I can get a build out tonight. Been too busy. :(