[[[UPDATE]]] ICS i717 LEAKED!! Link in post. New link to ICS Optimized Apps.

Search This thread

zer0nine

Dec 17, 2010
California
My thread on ICS Optimized Applications

Here it is guys. The wait is over.

ROOTZWIKI:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/22134-sgh-i717uclc5-ice-cream-sandwich/

THE VERGE:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/3/2923810/official-att-samsung-galaxy-note-lte-android-4-rom-download

tNH9c.png

Last edited:

andysubie

Jan 21, 2011
The guy has been releasing ics leak for att galaxy phones for over a week.now!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: GeezyF.Ladies

Scythe024

Nov 14, 2011
i dont see it being completely out of the question considering that we are the only galaxy s2 device on AT&T that didnt get a ICS leak.

andysubie

Jan 21, 2011
In the photo why no kernel baseband and build version???

littlewierdo

Dec 10, 2010
DesignGears is the guy behind several roms that were based on stock, going as far back as Cognition for the Captivate.

He is also, I believe the person who posted the stock recovery images for the Samsung Captivate and came up with the mechanism for recovering the Captivate to stock.

I ran his rom (Cognition) on my Samsung Captivate for at least a year, updating as he released new versions until he stopped development on Froyo and jumped to Gingerbread, around this time, Cyanogen began development and I used Cyanogen instead of Cognition because they supported the Froyo bootloaders, his rom did not after he went to Gingerbread (it required updating the bootloaders).

I even remember a short dialog where I pushed to use the Pacman script from Cyanogen in order to both make his rom download smaller but also so that users had more of a choice as to what apps they wanted on their phone.

DesignGears (DG for short) is one of the key developers that got the Captivate rom development off the ground. While Im sure someone else would have gotten around to it, he is the guy who kicked it off and figured it all out. Dont dis' the guy, if he has a Note and begins development, my hope is that we will start to see more development for the Note. At only three custom roms, all heavily based on stock, we have yet to really see this phone at its full potential.

Last edited:

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
love DG! Gave us the Froyo leak for the Cappy months early and now this!! I will be keeping a close eye on rootzwiki!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
DesignGears is the guy behind several roms that were based on stock, going as far back as Cognition for the Captivate.

He is also, I believe the person who posted the stock recovery images for the Samsung Captivate and came up with the mechanism for recovering the Captivate to stock.

I ran his rom (Cognition) on my Samsung Captivate for at least a year, updating as he released new versions until he stopped development on Froyo and jumped to Gingerbread, around this time, Cyanogen began development and I used Cyanogen instead of Cognition because they supported the Froyo bootloaders, his rom did not after he went to Gingerbread (it required updating the bootloaders).

I even remember a short dialog where I pushed to use the Pacman script from Cyanogen in order to both make his rom download smaller but also so that users had more of a choice as to what apps they wanted on their phone.

DesignGears (DG for short) is one of the key developers that got the Captivate rom development off the ground. While Im sure someone else would have gotten around to it, he is the guy who kicked it off and figured it all out. Dont dis' the guy, if he has a Note and begins development, my hope is that we will start to see more development for the Note. At only three custom roms, all heavily based on stock, we have yet to really see this phone at its full potential.

wow, sounds like a wiki page about me :)

I don't have the Note, I do have access to one for $450 off contract, with google io coming I can't afford it atm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the photo why no kernel baseband and build version???

my source asked me to omit that info just incase there was something incriminating in it.

-----

have some patients, it won't be out tonight, so don't stay up waiting.
    Alright, we got two people flashing it now so we can get more details for the verge. This means we are getting CLOSER!

wow, sounds like a wiki page about me :)

I don't have the Note, I do have access to one for $450 off contract, with google io coming I can't afford it atm.