Any recent roms that are fully stable?

Search This thread

Zwomg Im Bad

Apr 12, 2012
Michigan
I will only comment on a few items because we could go about this all day with really no positive outcome and the thread will be hijacked.

First, I am not doing anything wrong. This is not my first rodeo. Yes, I know about the battery "conditioning" steps at the end of your post. This is part of flashing 101. With what I am running on my phone it just wasn't the life I needed it to be.

With that said I agree with you on CM9 exceeding expectations. Great rom but OP was looking for a stable rom and beta versions have bugs.

We can agree to disagree and put it to rest? :)

Seems fair enough, :p

lroy

Aug 19, 2010
Houston Tx
OP,

Welcome to the Photon world! Hope you are enjoying it so far.

My track history was Stock to CM7 to CM9. Im guessing that you ran CM7 on your EVO, i did the same. If youre use to CM builds.... then its hard to get away from them. give CM9 a try, and if its too much of a change for you, then CM7.

I would suggest either CM7 or CM9. The current CM9 build is plenty stable, fast and smooth. I have battery life that will last me the day and thats all i need.

The CM7 build is very stable also. My brother in law and sister run it on their Photons with no complaints.

Welcome again and glad we have another photon among the world.

Reactions: dsuffern

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried CM9? sure theres a few bugs but its my daily. otherwise i hear that miui is turning out pretty good but i havnt flashed it myself for a few builds. you could always try cm7 or rokko also.
    CM7 and CM9 are the best. Use both of them, CM7 is more stable and all works, but CM9 is very smooths and awesome!
    Seems that every ROM I look at in here has a bunch of issues. I'm coming over from the OG Evo, and know nothing about photon's development- although I get the gist its an underappreciated device. Just looking for something to make it worth rooting the photon, which is a great phone imo.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

As quick as it is to root the Photon I would do it just for the ability to use root apps. Then, try some of the custom locked roms available before you unlock. CM9 is a great rom but still a beta and has issues such as camera, signal, battery, etc. which is to be expected.

I still prefer the stock rom just because of full functionality, battery life, and signal quality but there are many good custom roms based off stock builds (which I have not tried) that might work well for you.
    Running CM7 here and am happy with that as my daily driver. Not brave enough to try CM9 but that's just my personal preference/bias. Joker's non CM9 roms & Lokifish Marz's roms are also good choices.
    Three great roms:
    -CM7 (KANG)
    -ROCKO 3.0 (NOT 3.5)
    -Imperium Initiative 1.04

As for which is better... It's a tossup. CM7 last longer, but ROCKO feels more fluid and user friendly. CM7 is more technical...

CM9 is very impressive but it is a beta.