[ROM] AOKP Milestone 5 *UNOFFICIAL* [4/29/2012]

Search This thread
G

GuestD0701

Bad ass job on this! First time building a rom? Whaaa? lol. :D I'm done flashing for a while. At 70% w/more than 2 on the screen! Great job on this build!!

Aokp build 34
Trinity TUV kernel
FD01 radios
(edited)

Last edited:

randomrobbi

Jun 6, 2010
Louisville, KY
Wallet not working for me either. Tried restoring from previous Android using titanium backup. Still no dice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

neemot

Apr 9, 2011
Lexington, KY
www.hwy120.com
The ROM is great functionality and signal all good. Having one issue, my Google wallet is force closing I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but its still not working anyone have an idea?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

fr0st

Jan 12, 2007
Heh, the official AOKP has ZERO signal and you cant even download google wallet to test.

Reactions: phrac

marcusva79

Feb 5, 2010
Little Elm, TX
4cba8bf2-5fc2-2ea4.jpg

Edit: spoke to soon. Going to see if there is a work around :D

Using m5 right now and its working great. Aokp is pretty nice :D
Google wallet does work fine mms is fine but is still compressed. Waiting for liquid smooth to update his theme .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
Google wallet does work fine mms is fine but is still compressed. Waiting for liquid smooth to update his theme .

So whitehawkx's build from Rootz is working for you? I will have to give it a shot. I built M5 myself and its working but I have not tried the official build yet.

phrac

Jan 15, 2009
4cba8bf2-5fc2-2ea4.jpg

Edit: spoke to soon. Going to see if there is a work around :D

No, you should be good. Unsupported device means that you are rooted, but wallet should still work fine. You just have that annoying little banner on top. Its just Google's way of telling you that they aren't responsible if something happens to your account because you are rooted.

marcusva79

Feb 5, 2010
Little Elm, TX
Ya I just read about :D. Thanx buddy. What makes mms compress? My pictures go down to 137kb and its horrible.

One thing I did notice is that there is no LTE toggle in settings. Little small minor thing.

Last edited:

marcusva79

Feb 5, 2010
Little Elm, TX
I'm not sure. When I was cm7 for the evo and never did it. Bit the gn does it now. I don't think sprint does.

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
Ya I just read about :D. Thanx buddy. What makes mms compress? My pictures go down to 137kb and its horrible.

One thing I did notice is that there is no LTE toggle in settings. Little small minor thing.

No offense dude, but I've seen like 30 posts of yours complaining about MMS compression, have you considered just using email like normal people? MMS suxors.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an UNOFFICIAL BUILD! AOKP is now making official builds, so please check those out. This is likely my last build since teamkang will be making official builds. Check out http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24350-aokp-toroplus-april-28-milestone-5-404/ for more information on official AOKP builds!

This is my first attempt at a ROM build, I take no credit, I just built it. The usual disclaimers apply, not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, house on fire, etc. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

AOKP For Sprint Galaxy Nexus

I'm a big fan of AOKP so I decided to build this for the Sprint version of the Galaxy Nexus. It is a build straight from the AOKP git repo using BRD's/EOS vendor and device tree.

For more information about AOKP and its features, visit the AOKP site at: http://forum.aokp.co/page/news

I have not fully tested this but everything appears to be working. I have *not* tested MMS so I cannot confirm or deny that it works.

This was a rushed build, I still need to clean up my source tree as I kind of made a mess. Again, I'm trying to learn how to do this stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated!

KNOWN BUGS
    • GPS not working for some, I will rebuild later with a fix, but you can use this fix from the CM9 thread for now Fixed in build #2 (credit djcense, drdrewdown)
    • Some users experiencing problems with Google wallet.

CHANGELOG
    • 4/29/2012
      • Update to Milestone 5
      • Add some tweaks from CM9 device tree
    • 4/28/2012 - #2
      • Cleaned up source tree for future builds
      • fixed GPS with missing lib_gsd4t.so (credit djcense, drdrewdown, CM9)
    • 4/28/2012 - #1
      • Initial release

FIRST TIME INSTALL
    1. Boot into recovery (tested with CWM & twrp - no asserts at this time)
    2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3. Flash AOKP
    4. Flash gapps
    5. reboot

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS AOKP BUILDS

1. You do not need to wipe unless otherwise noted!
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash GAPPS
    4. Wipe cache/dalvik
    5. reboot

DOWNLOAD

Big thanks to the AOKP team, bigrushdog, team EOS, and all the fellows in the #gn-sprint IRC channel on Freenode.
    have u had a chance to post m5? thnx for ur work man. battery life has been the best I've had on this device. really excited

Working on uploading M5 now. It will probably be my last build since teamkang is making official builds now. I'll update OP shortly.
    Looks like the official AOKP build is uploading.
    I updated OP with the second build of the day. This new build should fix GPS for those that haven't already pushed the lib to /system/lib.