Note 2 with 4.3(MK6) root and remove knox!

Search This thread

conket

Sep 25, 2008
First of, let me say thanks to these people: Chainfire, upndwn4par, mjwhirly, dicksteele, and many others from this forum. Thank you CWM team and TWRP team for provide many great things. Thank you whoever developed this DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0. Thank you Samsung for great device. And last but not least, thank you ANDROID!

I just recently acquired note 2 att, with 4.3(MK6) for my brother. I just want to unlock this device to use on other networks but it seems that you have to downgrade to 4.1.1 to do it without paid any service. If any one have other way please tell me, thanks in advance.

First thing I did is to root by using Chainfire auto method but upon reboot, I got message about "Unfortunately, Supersu has stopped" and a message from security try to access...I went back to recovery mode to apply Update Supersu 1.65, 1.94 but fail every time because it cannot verified. I messed around with odin and other few more time, now my knox count is up to 3. Then I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538991, this gave me an idea to try it out, why not. Remember that thread is for galaxy s3, you need to download cwm or twrp file accordingly to your Note 2, I used this "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-t0lteatt.img.tar"
Other files you need to have before proceed are: any odin 3.x.x will do, update supersu 1.94 from chainfire site, and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0 from here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407586269

Steps:(please read few times before try it out, I am not responsible for your device!)
Put phone in download mode.
Start odin on your computer, click on PDA then select which ever recovery file that you dowloaded to load it in odin.
Now conect your phone to computer that odin is running. Make sure "Re-Partition" is "uncheck" then click "Start." From here is what I did, as soon as Odin done with it, make sure Odin say it "PASS" which mean you are successfully. The phone reboot itself, I hold down combination keys "home + volume up + Power" to get back to recovery mode right away. I do not know what happen if your phone reboot fine without enter recovery mode, I did not try, so I do not know. It maybe boot up fine but you won't have root/supesu for sure. My knowledge on this thing is poor. I am newbie to this, so forgive me if I say thing wrong.
Lo and behold, my twrp is up and running, from here I just install two files: Update Supersu v1.94.zip and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0.zip. Restarted the phone, and no more of this "Unfortunately, Supersu has stopped". I checked Supersu to make sure it installed properly, and yes it was.
I just hope it will help with some of you that is having problem with trying to root Note 2.
I am done for now, will try to unlock next.

Reactions: Anonymously_Unknown

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Thanx for the contribution to the community!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
I'm quite sure this will help a lot people...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Any luck unlocking your phone? If u have twrp u should b able to flash roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jenjen40

Feb 24, 2014
chattanooga
I am the proud owner of a rooted attnote 2 that I am having so much fun learning all this. Like I said I am rooted. Gapps continues to stop and supersu also. Apparently when I flash I'm not doing something right. Please someone help. Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of, let me say thanks to these people: Chainfire, upndwn4par, mjwhirly, dicksteele, and many others from this forum. Thank you CWM team and TWRP team for provide many great things. Thank you whoever developed this DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0. Thank you Samsung for great device. And last but not least, thank you ANDROID!

I just recently acquired note 2 att, with 4.3(MK6) for my brother. I just want to unlock this device to use on other networks but it seems that you have to downgrade to 4.1.1 to do it without paid any service. If any one have other way please tell me, thanks in advance.

First thing I did is to root by using Chainfire auto method but upon reboot, I got message about "Unfortunately, Supersu has stopped" and a message from security try to access...I went back to recovery mode to apply Update Supersu 1.65, 1.94 but fail every time because it cannot verified. I messed around with odin and other few more time, now my knox count is up to 3. Then I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538991, this gave me an idea to try it out, why not. Remember that thread is for galaxy s3, you need to download cwm or twrp file accordingly to your Note 2, I used this "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-t0lteatt.img.tar"
    Other files you need to have before proceed are: any odin 3.x.x will do, update supersu 1.94 from chainfire site, and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0 from here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407586269

Steps:(please read few times before try it out, I am not responsible for your device!)
    Put phone in download mode.
    Start odin on your computer, click on PDA then select which ever recovery file that you dowloaded to load it in odin.
    Now conect your phone to computer that odin is running. Make sure "Re-Partition" is "uncheck" then click "Start." From here is what I did, as soon as Odin done with it, make sure Odin say it "PASS" which mean you are successfully. The phone reboot itself, I hold down combination keys "home + volume up + Power" to get back to recovery mode right away. I do not know what happen if your phone reboot fine without enter recovery mode, I did not try, so I do not know. It maybe boot up fine but you won't have root/supesu for sure. My knowledge on this thing is poor. I am newbie to this, so forgive me if I say thing wrong.
    Lo and behold, my twrp is up and running, from here I just install two files: Update Supersu v1.94.zip and DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V1.0.zip. Restarted the phone, and no more of this "Unfortunately, Supersu has stopped". I checked Supersu to make sure it installed properly, and yes it was.
    I just hope it will help with some of you that is having problem with trying to root Note 2.
    I am done for now, will try to unlock next.