[Q] Failed to update cm 10.2.1

Search This thread

JacobCob

Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys, so today ive tried to flash the new cyanogenmod 10.2.1 since the stable one just came out but as soon as i flash it it gives me status 7 error and doesnt get past that. Does any of you know how to fix this? I have done some re search and this appears to be a verification problem but i may be wrong.

aleksandar.1

Dec 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Realme X50 Pro
Hey guys, so today ive tried to flash the new cyanogenmod 10.2.1 since the stable one just came out but as soon as i flash it it gives me status 7 error and doesnt get past that. Does any of you know how to fix this? I have done some re search and this appears to be a verification problem but i may be wrong.

Which recovery u use?
Read the CM10.2 thread OP.

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
USA
Try an older recovery based on CWM 5. Cwm 6.0.4.5 won't flash roms < 4.4. Or try twrp

Sent from my One X

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
Wipe ecerything except battery stats flas rom.zip
Then
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
And then
Fastboot erase cache

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

AnonymousHoward

Apr 4, 2011
Is there any way to flash the boot.img without ADB from another computer? My only computer to hand right now is my work Mac, which I don't have admin on. I'm guessing not, but...

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Is there any way to flash the boot.img without ADB from another computer? My only computer to hand right now is my work Mac, which I don't have admin on. I'm guessing not, but...
you don't use ADB to flash boot.img, but fastboot... and yes, there is a way, look around for kernel lighter, but you'll see that when you set kernel lighter up you need fstboot for the first time... the nice thing is that after that you don't need fastboot anymore to flash a boot.img :) it's very useful if you are ofter away from your pc...