[Q]Battery drains very fast

Search This thread

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hello developers
I fully charged my battery last night before I go to sleep, but when I got up this morning, I found that my battery just got 25% remained.
Last this situation happened was about two month ago.
My battery is the original one with my phone.
Oh, I change a battery from HTC because the first one is dead in somehow I don't know.
So, is there anyone know how to resolve this problem?
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hello developers
I fully charged my battery last night before I go to sleep, but when I got up this morning, I found that my battery just got 25% remained.
Last this situation happened was about two month ago.
My battery is the original one with my phone.
Oh, I change a battery from HTC because the first one is dead in somehow I don't know.
So, is there anyone know how to resolve this problem?
Thanks for any help.

Firstly my friend. Go to Settings and open the Battery tab. And screenshot it and post it here thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
View attachment 2638078
Battery status : charging(ac)
Fastboot : enabled
1395202193914.jpg
Screen : 95%
Standby : 5%
Time of using Battery : 10hr 38min45sec

UzY3L

Mar 16, 2014
Huawei P8max
View attachment 2638078
View attachment 2638079

Text is in something I can't read (probably Taiwanese ? ) but from what I can tell, the CPU of the phone stays at 100% all the time.

There's just no way the screen could use that much power when it's turned OFF the whole night, unless you have a defective board, which would need to be replaced.

If you didn't install any apps that could cause this (meaning this happened as soon as you bought the phone) it appears to be a problem with the firmware's power management, meaning it has none :D

Flash another stock or custom firmware and that should fix it, just make sure its any other firmware than the one you currently have.

That's my opinion, based on what I can see and on my experience (I'm not a developer).

Reactions: dic1911 and TheArc

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Text is in something I can't read (probably Taiwanese ? ) but from what I can tell, the CPU of the phone stays at 100% all the time.

There's just no way the screen could use that much power when it's turned OFF the whole night, unless you have a defective board, which would need to be replaced.

If you didn't install any apps that could cause this (meaning this happened as soon as you bought the phone) it appears to be a problem with the firmware's power management, meaning it has none :D

Flash another stock or custom firmware and that should fix it, just make sure its any other firmware than the one you currently have.

That's my opinion, based on what I can see and on my experience (I'm not a developer).

Thanks for the reply.

In the battery usage page, it never shows how much do apps use battery...
But, with my experience, I got to say this problem happens randomly...
Then,I found that reboot my phone can solve the problem like a magic trick. :D

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks for the reply.

Oh... Forgot one thing to say,
I bricked my phone few weeks ago...
So I send it to HTC for repair, then I got a new motherboard inside my old phone :p , and since the motherboard is new...
So I think the problem may not caused by the motherboard.

UzY3L

Mar 16, 2014
Huawei P8max
Oh... Forgot one thing to say,
I bricked my phone few weeks ago...
So I send it to HTC for repair, then I got a new motherboard inside my old phone :p , and since the motherboard is new...
So I think the problem may not caused by the motherboard.

I'm glad you managed to get it to work. But if rebooting it fixes the problem, then it might be because of a bad ROM. Try a re-flash or take it back to HTC and explain it to them.

Over-charging the phone will kill the battery and it might even cause it to inflate or blow-up. That's how accidents happen ;)

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
Dude , rebooting is not a perfect solution . Just changes the battery with an other one . Some times your changed battery will makes this all mistakes .

Did you oveclocked your htc?? Ovrer overclocking may cause this problem . Well Check and install a new kernal .

Click thanks if I helped

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

|>/\nte

Thanks for the reply.

Seems like a problem that the rom causes. You can try powering off the phone, removing the battery for at least 10-15 seconds and then put it back in and see the results (that's similar to the wipe battery stats option in recoveries). If that doesn't work, the only sonution is to flash another rom, whether it's a stock or a custom one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment 2638078
    View attachment 2638079

Use greenify so the battery won't drain fast

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app