Third party camera app vs sony's camera app

Search This thread

hash054

Dec 11, 2012
Islamabad
Xiaomi Poco F3
i think many of you z1c users have experienced the problem of bluring in a image especially taking photos of landscapes and sceneries .. in which details matter the most.. A 20.7 MP camera is expected to fulfil the need of clarity and detail to some extent when it comes to these photos.. The problem with Sony's official camera app is that it blurs some parts of the photo and give us a somewhat blurred image.. This however can be solved using a third party camera app... I have used two of them (camera fx and procapture) both giving better result than sony's official camera app.. I dont know whether z2 camera app has solved this or not but for now a third party app is my best bet to get the most out of the the camera!! Will post more camparitive photos in the coming days..

Attachments

• sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 5,006

stringy2010

Nov 21, 2010
I have also noticed this blurring. I tried camera zoom fx, but for whatever reason I can't stand the UI. So I have been using Camera Fv-5, it is an improvement, however I will be trying more.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

hash054

Dec 11, 2012
Islamabad
Xiaomi Poco F3
Didnt tried it because of the libraries were not available for timeshift and 4k video.. Many people are working on it on Z1 forum.. Hopefully will see it soon.. And more importantly.. I hope this blurring effect is solved..

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

sinple

May 10, 2012
I went to a retail store, and z1's photo have more details than the compact.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
i think many of you z1c users have experienced the problem of bluring in a image especially taking photos of landscapes and sceneries .. in which details matter the most.. A 20.7 MP camera is expected to fulfil the need of clarity and detail to some extent when it comes to these photos.. The problem with Sony's official camera app is that it blurs some parts of the photo and give us a somewhat blurred image.. This however can be solved using a third party camera app... I have used two of them (camera fx and procapture) both giving better result than sony's official camera app.. I dont know whether z2 camera app has solved this or not but for now a third party app is my best bet to get the most out of the the camera!! Will post more camparitive photos in the coming days..
In different app, but equal setting:
ZX1C focus/defocus
In my opinion the stock kamera app doesn't right focus setting.

hash054

Dec 11, 2012
Islamabad
Xiaomi Poco F3
Camera FV 5

After the recommendation of many Camera FV 5 users.. I gave it a shot.. and I was not disappointed.. The customization and the result stand out from all the other apps.. focus is pretty damn good and no more blury pictures.. and no details ignored.. only day time test left.. night samples are better than I expected!

rumthin

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
Is there anyway to change which camera app opens from the lockscreen. I want FV5 to launch from the lockscreen not sony's app. I'm running stock KK.

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
VSCO Camera is pretty good. I am also wondering from the post above if there is a way to change the default camera on the lock screen.

bilboa1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 16, 2010
you should post more various pics (8MP/20MP) from other apps, gives a better idea. the first post pic isn't exactly clear in either shot

Socotroco

Jan 15, 2012
Montevideo
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi all,
besides some blur on certain conditions(low light) what I most regret of this 20mpx camera on the Z1Compact is that all pictures looks like washed out, like without proper contrast or white balance is incorrect.

I have tried in Manual Mode with ISO 50, 100, 200, also moving the exposure control on the screen, white balance in automatic and also 'sun' or 'light bulb', most of the shots don't have vivid colors.
I come from Samsung Galaxy SII, then I had S4, then a Note 3 ... (then I realized that big phones are not comfortable to carry in the pocket all day and switched to Z1Compact), all Samsung phones had different colors on taken pictures, more vivid.

Any advise on how to take better pictures with Z1Compact?

Thanks.

Reactions: BlackArtsInc

awojtas

Apr 20, 2005
Wellington
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I went to a retail store, and z1's photo have more details than the compact.

Having owned both, the Z1 *looks* like the photos are better because the screen has higher resolution (1080p), but in reality when you load photos onto a computer, the Z1C is distinctly better.

Also when I changed my back case from plastic to glass (which also replaces the glass over the camera lens) I noticed a small improvement in sharpness, particularly in the corners.

160lightning

May 17, 2012
London
I have 'Snap' running on CM12 and I'm initially very impressed.........opens up the 20 meg Cyber-shot camera ability nicely.

RAW file access would be nice so we could then import to a hardcore editor on a PC....and I'm sure that wouldn't be too difficult to sort out with an update.....but for a few pennies it's way way better than the google camera app that comes with CM12.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Snap camera is one of my favourite.

REKOGNÍZED KONYHABÚTOR :D
    Did somebody try the new Z2 Cam App? Its available for all xperia devices.
    Probably there are some improvements.
    Hi all,
    besides some blur on certain conditions(low light) what I most regret of this 20mpx camera on the Z1Compact is that all pictures looks like washed out, like without proper contrast or white balance is incorrect.

I have tried in Manual Mode with ISO 50, 100, 200, also moving the exposure control on the screen, white balance in automatic and also 'sun' or 'light bulb', most of the shots don't have vivid colors.
    I come from Samsung Galaxy SII, then I had S4, then a Note 3 ... (then I realized that big phones are not comfortable to carry in the pocket all day and switched to Z1Compact), all Samsung phones had different colors on taken pictures, more vivid.

Any advise on how to take better pictures with Z1Compact?

Thanks.
    Hi, any opinions for the default Google camera app?