Question about flashing

Search This thread

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
I was curious if there is a way to extract a zip file instead of using CWM to flash it, for instance let's say I have a different keyboard that can be flashed through CWM but I don't want to flash it I'd rather just extract files and put them somewhere using root explorer, can this be done? And if so could someone tell me how to do it and where to put the files? Thank you

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I was curious if there is a way to extract a zip file instead of using CWM to flash it, for instance let's say I have a different keyboard that can be flashed through CWM but I don't want to flash it I'd rather just extract files and put them somewhere using root explorer, can this be done? And if so could someone tell me how to do it and where to put the files? Thank you

If you unzip the file to flash, you will notice a file hierarchy in the zip. Follow that hierarchy to the file(s) you want and then use a root explorer to paste the file(s) in the same location. Then reboot and if you pasted everything correctly, it should make that change.

Reactions: MrKite4

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
If you unzip the file to flash, you will notice a file hierarchy in the zip. Follow that hierarchy to the file(s) you want and then use a root explorer to paste the file(s) in the same location. Then reboot and if you pasted everything correctly, it should make that change.

Okay, so what I have are 2 folders in the unzipped file in root explorer, one is labeled META-INF and the other is System. In the system there is an app and a lib folder, the app folder contains apps and the lib contains files with the extension .so, so I'm assuming paste the app files in the system/app folder and the .so files in the system/lib folder, correct? Now the META-INF folder contains files a com folder and three files, CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, and MANIFEST.MF. the com folder turns into a Google folder, then an Android folder which contains 2 files, update-binary and update-script. I pretty much have no idea what to do with everything in the META-INF folder. Could you possibly help with that I'd greatly appreciate it.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Okay, so what I have are 2 folders in the unzipped file in root explorer, one is labeled META-INF and the other is System. In the system there is an app and a lib folder, the app folder contains apps and the lib contains files with the extension .so, so I'm assuming paste the app files in the system/app folder and the .so files in the system/lib folder, correct? Now the META-INF folder contains files a com folder and three files, CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, and MANIFEST.MF. the com folder turns into a Google folder, then an Android folder which contains 2 files, update-binary and update-script. I pretty much have no idea what to do with everything in the META-INF folder. Could you possibly help with that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ignore the META-INF folder, that is used for the actual flashing procedure. Most apps can be installed without the certificate and manifest.

The app files would go in
Code:
/system/app

The library files (.so) would go in
Code:
/system/lib

Reactions: MrKite4

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
Ignore the META-INF folder, that is used for the actual flashing procedure. Most apps can be installed without the certificate and manifest.

Code:
/system/app

Code:
/system/lib

Awesome, it worked! Thank you so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /system/app

Code:
    /system/lib