[XT1053] 4.4.3 OTA Update Zip

Search This thread

xd1936

Dec 4, 2006
Google Pixel 7
Below is the stock 4.4.3 update for the T-Mobile/Unlocked GSM Moto X, extracted from an unlocked XT1053.

Download Link [Box.com]

Download Link [Google Drive]

Code:
[B]MD5:[/B] 0c562266b106d07234257fc31f9f3296

[B]Kernel:[/B]
3.4.42-g2aa9ea5
hudsoncm@ilclbld33 #1
Sat May 17 01:08:42 CDT 2014

[B]System Version:[/B] 212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.us

[B]Build Number:[/B] KXA21.12-L1.21

Reminders:
  • You need stock recovery for this
    Code:
    [B]MD5:[/B] aa31e067d7c7cd858490cba00689a742
  • Root should carry over without issue
  • Disable Xposed
  • You need to have all of the original bloat (stock 4.4.2 ROM)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
Why is the file name the same as the 4.4.2 OTA zip? Shouldn't it be something like *212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.US*zip?

kenosis

Apr 7, 2008
Yangon, Myanmar

mandrsn1

Jun 20, 2009
Worked fine on my device. I have the AT&T phone, but flashed it (unlocked bootloader) with the TMO/Developer software.

Thanks!

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
my device is XT1053 GSM Developer Edition (No carrier). Can i flash it? Currently, i try to flash from stock recovery and i am having "EMMC:boot:1048........" has unexpected contents. Installation Aborted.

Just flashed my XT1053 in stock recovery after disabling Xposed, installing stock recovery and making sure I unfroze Chrome/Play Music with Titanium. Taking a while after boot to Optimize the apps but it did the same thing last night when I switched to ART.

All good up and running 4.4.3, rooted and using ART.

Last edited:

kenosis

Apr 7, 2008
Yangon, Myanmar
Just flashed my XT1053 in stock recovery after disabling Xposed, installing stock recovery and making sure I unfroze Chrome/Play Music with Titanium. Taking a while after boot to Optimize the apps but it did the same thing last night when I switched to ART.

now, my device shows "Patching system files...". Seems to be OK. I didn't flash stock kernel just now. it is OK after flashing stock kernel.

it is now on 4.4.3 :D

Last edited:

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
I hope it isnt too much to ask but i'd really appriciate it if someone made a TWRP/CWM backup of the system and boot for me? Thanks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below is the stock 4.4.3 update for the T-Mobile/Unlocked GSM Moto X, extracted from an unlocked XT1053.

Download Link [Box.com]

Download Link [Google Drive]

Code:
    [B]MD5:[/B] 0c562266b106d07234257fc31f9f3296

[B]Kernel:[/B]
    3.4.42-g2aa9ea5
    hudsoncm@ilclbld33 #1
    Sat May 17 01:08:42 CDT 2014

[B]System Version:[/B] 212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.us

[B]Build Number:[/B] KXA21.12-L1.21

Reminders:
    • You need stock recovery for this
      Code:
      [B]MD5:[/B] aa31e067d7c7cd858490cba00689a742
    • Root should carry over without issue
    • Disable Xposed
    • You need to have all of the original bloat (stock 4.4.2 ROM)

Enjoy!
    Excellent! OTA upgrade went nice and smooth.

I hope this can be of help to others.

I've a Moto X Dev. Edition GSM [Right out of the MOTO X website] with root access.
    I gained root by following these steps: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50355161&postcount=1

On this phone I've installed:
    Xposed
    Android Tuner Pro
    Gravity Box [KK]
    Intelli3G
    --All stock apps are installed--

Yesterday the phone made me aware an OTA update being available & ready. Visited this site and ran into this thread. Thanks xd1936 for providing us with the 4.4.2 stock recovery.img file

Updating
    1.) I disabled all xposed modules & then uninstalled xposed.
    2.) [On my computer] I ran SDK Manager & brought everything up to date.
    3.) [On my computer] re-placed mfastboot.exe & the recovery.img under ...\sdk\platform-tools
    4.) Booted into bootloader mode & connected the phone.
    5.) [On my computer] Replaced the TWRP bootloader with the stock 4.4.2 bootloader found at the top of this thread.
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img

then to reboot back to the bootloader mode
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

6.) now from the bootloader I booted normally.
    7.) Once the phone started I went ahead I applied the OTA directly.

The phone downloaded, rebooted, installed, booted, optimized the apps successfully. Now I am on Android 4.4.3 :D

-- I didn't lose any information, the phone was not reset.
    -- I still have root access.
    -- Xposed, etc all are working fine.

I found this method to be simpler. At the same time I am glad that it worked just fine. Now I'm pondering on if I should reinstall the TWRP recovery. After all, my system back was done with it.... to do or not to do. hmmm

Android 4.4.3
    I very much dislike the new dialer app. During a call I have no access to my call history logs. The dial pad is fully white [what was wrong with the dark one?] I very much prefer the 4.4.2 dialer. Still no built in option to block numbers.
    I need a tutorial plus :(

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Download the update from my OP on your phone. Reboot your phone. Hold down [volume down] and press power and you will get to the bootloader screen. Press [volume down] until you have "Recovery" highlighted, and hit [volume up] to select it. You'll get the Android dude with the exclamation point. Hold [volume up] and tap [power] to show a few options. Go down to "Install Update via SD Card" (or something similar) and press [power] to select. Find the update zip you downloaded and select it with [power]. Wait, and reboot.

This is all assuming you have an XT1053 and are stock 4.4.2.
    then I got the android lying on the ground..
    When you boot to recovery? You mean you get the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)? That is normal.

Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key. That should put you in Recovery stock recovery.
    hey... someone try on XT1058 model?
    yes, i´m a brazilian
    no, i´m not a HUE.
    Tx:cyclops: