[Q] Question about root, factory reset, Google Now & Android Tweaker II

Search This thread

IVS IVRIS

Dec 3, 2010
Arnhem
www.justinwust.com
Hi there,

I finally decided it was time to root my Nexus 5 about 2 weeks ago. Happy, all working fine and finally having a good battery life with stock Android 4.4.3. Then, I saw a new app, called Android Tweaker 2. I decided to try a few more tweaks to get even better battery life. That is atleast what they told me.

Now, my phone's having horrible battery life. Google Search (the launcher thing) is eating more battery than the screen does. I'm getting around 2 hours of screen on time with 12 hours overal battery life. Trying to revert the tweaks with the in-app option didn't seem to work. Wiping dalvik & cache didn't work either.

My question goes: if I do a factory reset, will these tweaks be gone? And will I still keep root and the bootloader unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Hi there,

I finally decided it was time to root my Nexus 5 about 2 weeks ago. Happy, all working fine and finally having a good battery life with stock Android 4.4.3. Then, I saw a new app, called Android Tweaker 2. I decided to try a few more tweaks to get even better battery life. That is atleast what they told me.

Now, my phone's having horrible battery life. Google Search (the launcher thing) is eating more battery than the screen does. I'm getting around 2 hours of screen on time with 12 hours overal battery life. Trying to revert the tweaks with the in-app option didn't seem to work. Wiping dalvik & cache didn't work either.

My question goes: if I do a factory reset, will these tweaks be gone? And will I still keep root and the bootloader unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

facory reset has nothing to do with root, custom recovery and unlocked bootloader. If you decide to do a factory reset you will lose your user data only

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I see, but will a factory reset undo the tweaks made to the system files? I don't think so, right?

You are absolutely right. You can try to flash back the original system image, before doing a factory reset.

If you are familiar with fastboot, then it will not cause you problem to flash back the stock system image, but you will lose root access, but you can flash supersu.zip any time from TWRP/CWM/Philz custom recovery.

If fastboot is new for you and you are not familiar with cmd then follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53178646&postcount=2 . Skip the parts about radio.img and boot.img, then reroot as I mentioned before.

IVS IVRIS

Dec 3, 2010
Arnhem
www.justinwust.com
You are absolutely right. You can try to flash back the original system image, before doing a factory reset.

If you are familiar with fastboot, then it will not cause you problem to flash back the stock system image, but you will lose root access, but you can flash supersu.zip any time from TWRP/CWM/Philz custom recovery.

If fastboot is new for you and you are not familiar with cmd then follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53178646&postcount=2 . Skip the parts about radio.img and boot.img, then reroot as I mentioned before.

Thanks for your explanation. I just noticed there's a new 4.4.4 update. Would it be wise to wait for and flash a stock 4.4.4 rom, prerooted? Would that solve 'all' my problems?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Thanks for your explanation. I just noticed there's a new 4.4.4 update. Would it be wise to wait for and flash a stock 4.4.4 rom, prerooted? Would that solve 'all' my problems?
Most certainly. It takes really no time to flash the stock 4.4.4 from google's site.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

Top Liked Posts