SGH-M919. NB4 Stock. No in-call Audio. Please Help!

Search This thread

Trigz671

Jul 8, 2012
I'm working with a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-m919. I am currently on a NB4 Firmware. w NB4 Baseband. Knox Tripped. I went thru a series of Upgrading amd Downgrading via Odin and Kies to get the phone to the status it is now. I have smooth working handheld. The only problem is that I do not have any in call audio. It makes the dialing sound on the dialer and a beep noise to notify that the call goes thru but nothing on the earphone. The call does go thru but silence on both ends. I dont believe its a hardware problem because I ran the test on the Earphone via dialer code. and it made sounds. I managed to make other sounds come out thru the earphone via market apps. Also the microphone does not work using stock apps like google voice, S Voice , Voice Search and Voice Recorder. However, i downloaded a voice recordrr app on Market with the ability to pick which microphone to record from and the bottom mic was recording flawlessly like the camera mic. Is this a software, firmware, rom, radio?, modem? problem. i had no sounds for a while till i flashed the nb4 modem and nonhelos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-55-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-55-48.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-55-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-14-21-55-20.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 51

Trigz671

Jul 8, 2012
More Info:

heres more phone info.

wait exceeded upload. ima upooad pics somewhere else.

but, yes skype viber fb other voip works

Last edited:

lalec

Apr 30, 2008
Houston, Texas
Was Kies the most recent thing you did to get to where you are now? If not, use it to repair your phone. You probably inadvertently caused the problem when you tried to downgrade to an older bootloader and LTE radio after the phone already had 4.4.x on it. If you used Odin and flashed the wrong files that would happen.

I was going to start a thread to say largely the same thing. I rooted and flashed TWRP. Made a backup of stock rooted. Flashed some other roms include The Sickness' S5 V3 rom, but ultimately reflashed to stock. My phone audio works for about 2 days and then just...doesn't. Hangouts voice is seriously messed up at that point, I can hear the other end fine, but my mic goes out like a crackly high-pitched & sped up chipmunk voice.