[APP] TouchWiz Calculator & Clock Apps for Galaxy Nexus [Update: ICS Themed Clock]

Search This thread

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009
For the nexus would the clock app from the note be better since it's also 720p? :)

Thanks for your hardwork, you've done a great job so far

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I may take a look at the clock and calc from the Note in the future; but as these are working for the moment I will hold off for a few days until I have more time.

Reactions: jameslfc5

noel_leon

Nov 24, 2006
Oslo
Thanks so much for these. Both are working fine (aokp 27 + Franco 18.6).

I found it shameful that the stock nexus clock and calculator were so limited compared to their TW variants.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Did you try setting an alarm? I had an issue on build #26. I'll try it again on build #27.

Edit: I just tried it on build #27, and it is still crashing for me when trying to add an alarm.

Edit2: Oh I didn't see that there was an update to the application in the OP. I'll try that out now.

Alright so this post was totally unnecessary xD The application is working perfectly now.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:

ljv

Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for posting this. The stock clock absolutely sucks! One thing I noticed on the timer and wondering if anyone else noticed. Once the timer hits hitting the X doesn't clear the timer. I have to go back arrow for it to stop. Also similar once the alarm goes off. I can't hit X to stop the alarm. Also hitting snooze doesn't work either. Have to hit the home button on alarm to clear.

Last edited:

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009
Thanks for posting this. The stock clock absolutely sucks! One thing I noticed on the timer and wondering if anyone else noticed. Once the timer hits hitting the X doesn't clear the timer. I have to go back arrow for it to stop. Also similar once the alarm goes off. I can't hit X to stop the alarm. Also hitting snooze doesn't work either. Have to hit the home button on alarm to clear.

I'll check this out when I get a chance later today.

Reactions: ljv

bboi26

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks

XanSama thanks so much this is what i have been looking for i really appreciate that you made this :)

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC

this doesn't need to be looked at really. you're doing it wrong :p
to get the alarm or timer to stop, you need to drag that X to the edge of the circle, just as if you were unlocking the screen. only difference is the X doesn't visually drag over, which would be the only thing that may need to be looked at.

Reactions: ljv

ljv

Jul 18, 2010
this doesn't need to be looked at really. you're doing it wrong :p
to get the alarm or timer to stop, you need to drag that X to the edge of the circle, just as if you were unlocking the screen. only difference is the X doesn't visually drag over, which would be the only thing that may need to be looked at.

Thanks! I didn't even think about dragging it to the edge. Dragged it to the edge and sure enough, it stops.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thanks! I didn't even think about dragging it to the edge. Dragged it to the edge and sure enough, it stops.

np!
yeah it took me a second to figure that out as well when it went off this morning. you can also set the alarm up so just hitting a button (ie, volume rocker) will dismiss the alarm, as well as other things.

casserly

Jan 8, 2011
Stockholm
Ive gotta ask, do you think that its possible to port the keyboard from the galaxy note?
Ive played with that thing for the last 2 days and well.....with little success. :eek:

PhilK5

Dec 20, 2011
Newcastle UK
Got that calculator, but it seems to big for my Optimus 2x - only two thirds of is there, filling the screen, so I can't see what Ive typed !

twistkill

Sep 23, 2006
Dallas, TX
Ok I guess this is a lame request on this thread, kind of going back to square one..

Can you theme the clock ICS style, so that it would blend in with stock apps?
The TWiz theme looks kinda out of place with respect to other ICS apps :p

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Ok I guess this is a lame request on this thread, kind of going back to square one..

Can you theme the clock ICS style, so that it would blend in with stock apps?
The TWiz theme looks kinda out of place with respect to other ICS apps :p

+1

Stock app is better looking but just not as functional lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xI mEzMeRiZe Ix

Jun 6, 2011
So much more functionality than the stock ICS clock, but not nearly as pretty. I prefer the functionality but some UI touch ups wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So much more functionality than the stock ICS clock, but not nearly as pretty. I prefer the functionality but some UI touch ups wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

what would you guys like regarding ICS UI touch ups?
i was personally thinking changing the green alarm on indicator in app to ICS blue and changing that blue gradient background to match the holo theme. anything font related would require a decompile by OP...
going to try some stuff now since i have some free time on my hands at the moment ;)
edit: green clock to ics blue clock done. now for that nasty background...
edit: alright, testing now to see how it looks. will prob need to tweak some more stuff, though.
edit: looks alright. it needs a decompile to change the font color of the alarm days from the original blue to match ICS at #299EBC. i can attempt this but i can't remember if i updated my dependencies here or at home... OP might need to decompile it. gonna tweak two more things right quick and post a screen shot

Last edited:

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
alright, here's what i've done so far. i think maybe i should theme the tab blue to ICS as well. maybe change the number background of the timer to match the dialpad? again, hopefully OP can decompile and change day blue color of the alarm... i'll await feedback from you all before posting the actual apk. thanks guys.

Screenshot_2012-03-06-13-39-38%255B1%255D.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fireon123

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
welp, happened to be awake this morning thankfully, because the alarm decided not to go off. had to go back to the original desk clock. can't be late for work! :eek:

fireon123

Oct 14, 2010
Göteborg
alright, here's what i've done so far. i think maybe i should theme the tab blue to ICS as well. maybe change the number background of the timer to match the dialpad? again, hopefully OP can decompile and change day blue color of the alarm... i'll await feedback from you all before posting the actual apk. thanks guys.

Looks great! I personally would like a black and white version as well to go with the Black Exodus theme =)

avlfive

Jul 26, 2010

Very nice. Can't wait to try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] TouchWiz Calculator & Clock Apps for Galaxy Nexus [Update: ICS Themed Clock]

Simple mods/ports as I was missing the TouchWiz Calculator from my i9000; just de-odexed and modified the layout xml files.

Calculator Install: Just copy the attached apk to /system/app and set permissions.
    Clock Install: Flash zip from CWM.

Update 4: Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been trying to port TW framework from the ICS leaks for the Galaxy Note and SGSII to our AOSP Galaxy Nexus... as a hold over here's an ICS themed ClockPackage... Could use a few touchups but it's mainly there.

Update 3: I've just updated the TwClock package to fix some issues people were having with creating an Alarm.

Update 2: As per popular demand I've uploaded a version of the TW ClockPackage that will work on the Galaxy Nexus. Most of the heavy lifting for this one was done by Tortel1210 as it was his work that removed the twframework dependencies.

Update: Just uploaded an ICS themed version based off djb77's ICS theme for the i9000.

Calculator Original Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/hzuLF
    Calculator ICS Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/2KlES
    Clock Package Screenshots Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/QYCgI

Note: Using both this clock and the built in clock for alarms may (read: probably will) cause conflicts; as a result one or both of your alarms may stop functioning. Use only one clock for alarms at a time.
    touch wiz clock

hey is it possible could you do a mod for the touch wiz clock, with the stopwatch, alarm and timer in it :)
    hey is it possible could you do a mod for the touch wiz clock, with the stopwatch, alarm and timer in it :)

I'll take a look in the next couple days and let you know.
    First post updated with TouchWiz Clock package in CWM flashable zip.
    Thanks for providing these.
    I flashed the clock on my galaxy nexus running AOKP build 26. It flashed fine and the application starts, but trying to create a new alarm crashed the application.
    I tried fixing permissions and rebooting, but it didn't help.
    Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?

Interesting; I'll look into this in the next day or two.

Has anyone reading the thread had success using the alarms on the ClockPackage?

Any chance of getting the AccuWeather widget on here as well?

No promises on this one; but I'll check it out when I get a chance.