{Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
I agree With you, but Tell me one good reason why did you choose uploaded.to???
when so many good file hosting sites are there?

Because it provides great speed for us with the remote upload function! Also it provides good download speed, atleast for me and jerpelea!
Many others choose mediafire, which gives me a speed of about 10kb/s. So its just the difference which country/provider are you on. For everybody this is different and no matter which provider we choose someone will complain!

Why not mirror it yourself?
others don't need to mirror and you still have the download count!
think about it,

Why should we make this? This would be atleast more work for us we better want to spend in developing. For me it takes about 12 hours to upload all roms. Why should i upload to different hosters ? Also i dont want to buy a faster internet upload speed just for providing different sites. So simply: NO! 1 is enough. If you want to use the weekly FXP-Rom you can download from our choosen filehoster, if you dont want to download from ul.to just use the CyanogenMod Network and use the less updated versions!

Are you serious? What if some jackass decides to mirror it just to ruin it for everybody?

But anyway, thank you for the data patch, I can now enjoy CM9 on my phone.
Yes it is the only way to stop this! We kindly asked frequently NOT to mirror it.
The reasons are simple:
1.) We dont have the download count we want to provide Sony.
2.) We dont have any access to the mirrored files, so we cannot take them offline if a new version is out. We get frequently bugs reported that are from very old versions. This was the case in X10 developing, so we finally decided not to allow mirrors at ALL!
And because some guys here disrespecting the rules we dont have any other option to do that.

Also i personally hate it when someone provides a inofficial mirror because they only want to make money with the mirrors! We cannot respect this.
IF someone does make a mirror and is publishing it via PM for a friend or smth. We are still ok with it and ofc we cannot forbid it. But we DONT want mirrors published to the www except our own links!

Regards

fanaticprakash

Jan 26, 2012
Coimbatore
You are right but uploaded.to is very unfair to download I'm trying to download from yesterday still I can't download:( for fxp 109 after 10 days i luckily downloded one day, not only me so many are like this, if possible change to some other site where both download and upload speed is good. Otherwise continue with uploaded.to. we will wait for download!!!

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

Last edited:

mehrab2603

Jan 23, 2012
You can upload to mediafire first and then use this site to make direct links and use those direct links to remote upload to ul.to. Will only take you 15 more minutes and you have 2 hosts that way. I'm sure the developing won't be affected much by 15 minutes and people will stop *****ing too lol

As for me, I'm fine with ul.to. It works just fine for me. Thanks for the data patch and keep up the good work :)

Last edited:

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
You are right but uploaded.to is very unfair to download I'm trying to download from yesterday still I can't download:( for fxp 109 after 10 days i luckily downloded one day, not only me so many are like this, if possible change to some other site where both download and upload speed is good. Otherwise continue with uploaded.to. we will wait for download!!!

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

I just started the download as free user on Uploaded.to now to see why you are all complaining. And it gives me 400 kb/s speed. So i dont see any reason to complain !?
Whats the problem with that hoster then? 400 kb/s for a free user is really fast i think.

Regards

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
You can upload to mediafire first and then use this site to make direct links and use those direct links to remote upload to ul.to. Will only take you 15 more minutes and you have 2 hosts that way. I'm sure the developing won't be affected much by 15 minutes and people will stop *****ing too lol

As for me, I'm fine with ul.to. It works just fine for me. Thanks for the data patch and keep up the good work :)

You know that we are maintaining currently more devices than this 4 ?
We maintain 2010,2011 and now 2012 devices from Sony(Ericsson).
Its just more easy to build the files and use a automatic script to push them on the servers directly from the buildsystem.
Uploaded is providing this in a very good and nice way for us!

Regards

QeneX

Jan 8, 2012
400 kb/s? That's strange. I'm from Czech rep. and my country borders with your country. And my download speed? 50-70 kb/s...

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
400 kb/s? That's strange. I'm from Czech rep. and my country borders with your country. And my download speed? 50-70 kb/s...

Hmm, entierly strange. I'm on cable internet maybe there is a big difference by providers! Really i dont know!
As i said before if i download from mediafire i get very very very slow downloads. But i dont complain like you guys do :p

Regards

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
hi bin4ry,

if you want a other download server pm me or homeworlder (you can get ftp acces from our server with unlimited bandwidth) i always use it for my roms!

Regards, Nick

mehrab2603

Jan 23, 2012
You know that we are maintaining currently more devices than this 4 ?
We maintain 2010,2011 and now 2012 devices from Sony(Ericsson).
Its just more easy to build the files and use a automatic script to push them on the servers directly from the buildsystem.
Uploaded is providing this in a very good and nice way for us!

Regards

Yes I know you support many devices. That's why i said 15 minutes. If I was talking about only 4 devices, I would say 2 minutes :p

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Ah okay!
Well i will discuss it with jerpelea when he is back from his holiday!
For now live with it ;)

@nickholtus:
Thanks for the offer. We will discuss that!

Regards

Reactions: DuMOHsmol

M4puk

Sep 1, 2011
Espoo
I just started the download as free user on Uploaded.to now to see why you are all complaining. And it gives me 400 kb/s speed. So i dont see any reason to complain !?
Whats the problem with that hoster then? 400 kb/s for a free user is really fast i think.

Regards

There are always reasons for complaints.

Here is the thing I get when i try to download your masterpiece...

sybcqx.png

The other thing I get is that file does not exist and when I try to reload it says I have reached my limit. How sick is that? Basically in the past I managed to download some releases, but now it seems impossible unless I buy an account...

I really hope for a better solution...

Thanks for the attention...

ginryu

Jul 2, 2009
Mexico City

sybcqx.png

The other thing I get is that file does not exist and when I try to reload it says I have reached my limit. How sick is that? Basically in the past I managed to download some releases, but now it seems impossible unless I buy an account...

you can try to use a proxy, foxy proxy with firefox is a really easy way to do it and you can get a proxy ip from here http://www.ip-adress.com/proxy_list/?k=type.

Reactions: M4puk

himasura

Dec 5, 2011

IMG

Just wait some minutes and try again, for me it is works.

Reactions: M4puk

Dark69Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks FXP for the response. I can understand your views and reasons now. I would like to point out that your download counts are not correct. Why? Most of times when the complaining folks (me being one) try to download it dies off in between. So we try again. Same thing occurs. I have tried downloading it like for 15+ times a day (then gave up). Best way to solve everyone's problems according to me is to find a host which lets you resume the downloads (example mediafire) so that even if people complain about it being cut off they just have to resume it and well wait a bit. Or just start a poll ;)
Thanks again for all the efforts and stuff

alejandroelmej

Aug 28, 2010
Thanks FXP for the response. I can understand your views and reasons now. I would like to point out that your download counts are not correct. Why? Most of times when the complaining folks (me being one) try to download it dies off in between. So we try again. Same thing occurs. I have tried downloading it like for 15+ times a day (then gave up). Best way to solve everyone's problems according to me is to find a host which lets you resume the downloads (example mediafire) so that even if people complain about it being cut off they just have to resume it and well wait a bit. Or just start a poll ;)
Thanks again for all the efforts and stuff

+1 for that. :p

Hey guys...
even sometimes i do face the same problem.
what Bin4ry is saying is completely true...

The FXP team is wholly maintaining this project n we the people only complaining.

For the last ROM developed i.e FXP109 i took permission from FXP team n uploaded some ROMs demanded by people.

I found the count was some 30, 50...for different ROMs.

So here i jus wanna say...
the numbers of people were asking for the ROM was less....but the download count was more.

So now we dont know that how many people are relying on this project????

CAN U ALL???

But who knows???....Only the FXP team.

So please let them build the ROMs.

and we will find some other way to download from uploaded.to...
their download count will b as it is....n we'll get the ROM too.....
IS THAT OK???

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Jus use pyLoad.....
believe me u wont get any errors.

In my case.... i am working for an organisation and their firewall does not allow me open uploaded.to.

so i used rapid8.com (provided by FXP team only).
but now that is also not working.

So i researched somewhat more and found "pyLoad".

Please do hav a look on this n try to install this and start download.

For any queries u can ask me any time, but please dont mess up this thread.
Its my request.

Let us discuss only the technical stuffs here in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WORKING
    AUDIO - ok
    GPS - ok
    WIFI - ok - new wl12xx_mac80211
    TOUCH SCREEN - ok
    CWM RECOVERY 5.5 - ok
    BT - ok
    GSM - ok
    VIDEO DECODER - ok
    3D - ok
    GRALLOC - ok
    HOTSPOT - ok
    USB UMS - ok
    CAMERA - ok (including video recording)
    ANT+ - ok
    HDMI - disabled
    FM - ok
    CAMERA - ok

NOT WORKING
    look on bug tracker for remaining bugs
    DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP

IMPOTANT
    Unlocking device on unlock website or by testpoint voids your waranty !
    hy all

1. we explained serveral times that even if an kernel is tested after all patches are merged there can be upstream changes that break it (no boot bug)
    we test every release when we work on something and then build is started for all devices

2. we release weekely so that we can test togeter for bugs and try to please everybody that is asking for new roms as soon as old one is released (we get mails for new release on monday morning at 5 min after previews rom is released)

3.MOST IMPORTANT - this is an development thread
    if you want to join us you can anytime contribute and fix things but all your pushes are useless unless those are pushed to cyanogen review system so that everybody can test and merge them upstream

4.STOP advertising other roms "i will move to xxx ROM wich is better"
    this is an development thread, you are free move to any rom you wish,

5.STOP asking for SONY features or camera
    those are prop stuff and are not open source
    if you need them move to stock rom

6.DELAYS and BUGS
    we are 4 people maintaining 12 devices and adding 6 new devices
    we have jobs and families, we have our own life and we do the work done usually by hundred people

7.DONATIONS
    we want to thank to all donors wich donated an total amount of supported our work

WE WORK IN OUR FREE TIME AND WE ARE NOT PAYED SO STOP ASKING US FOR DEADLINES, FEATURES, AND BUGS (we will fix/add them in time)
    br
    J
    FreeXperia Team

I think there is a another philosophy and they're not lazy... As I said, please don't be personally.

First one is: I am sure they are testing. But they aren't testing the whole builds, they just flash/add their fixed libraries or modules manually and these work.

Then: The kernel thingy: they fixed their kernel... but possibly forgot to make the appropriate changes to the build scripts that run the complete builds for public delivery. This is almost also a lot of work to do. Just look yourself: hnl_dk posted threads on "how to build you own cm" sync that repos to your workarea and look at the huge amount of build scripts and how they are dependand... ;) if you update/sync your repo regularly you will see there are at least daily changes on the build scripts... as well on the side of cm...
    The cyanogenmod is very collaborative. THere are also sometimes bugs in the CM, that FXP is not responsible of (like this statusbar-bug(s)), but they take the rumors.
    I agree FXP could be more "sorry" also of things they are not really responsible of... but this also would make people more happy. But the philosophy behind is: If a build gets sadly broken by a little mistake... it will get fixed with next build and they do it about every week... but you can do it yourself, too.

More or less I can also say: its the lazy people that don't go through this huge XDA community to find out how to build their own working kernel or how to fix the broken kernels with correct ramdisk... They're also too lazy to make senseful analysis and give appropriate bug reports.

I don't think your view of how they work matches the truth of how they work. Because there is no "they" there is a "we" and a main group called "FXP" that helps us with (developing) skills the most of "we/us" does not have. So in my view it is wrong to nag around. You can whine but at the same time you should give information or do something against that... this will help us making the rom complete :)

Aaand: nags cause lack of motivation, so the more you nag against the "we", the more you destroy it... then don't expect help... etc.

Btw: what do you mean it lags? cm9 is also very smooth now. Remember you have to fill the dalvik cache first. so there is always one or two reboots needed (after full startup) to have this smooth feeling. I also recommend ondemand or smartassV2 governor (smartassV2 has to be added to kernel manually), I also encountered lags with interactive (the default one).
    FXP148 released
    upload will take 1h
    FXP148 extended kernel released for Xperia Mini Pro.

I will release a kernel for the Xperia Mini too later, but please note it is untested, because I don't have such a device.

I will try to release an extended ROM for the Xperia Mini Pro today and one for the Xperia Mini tomorrow (last one untested).

The kernels will have the latest FXP fixes (if they were all released) and the ROM's will now have ALS enabled and a backported CMFileManager included.

See the links in my signature for details.

Edit: kernels for both devices and ROM for one device available, ROM for Xperia Mini is being uploaded now.