I/O Read Ahead Buffer? Scheduler?

Search This thread

ghilliek9

Mar 30, 2011
I was wondering what others with the Verizon HTC One have set up in their Read Ahead Buffer Size and the Scheduler? I have been reading a lot for the past hour and now I'm just as lost. I am on the NuSense ROM with the OBOne Kernel. I am using Trickster MOD and decided to try 4096 for the Read Ahead Buffer Size and the Deadline Scheduler...no clue if I'm supposed to notice any difference in anything.

Other threads have info using other devices so I was hoping to see what others are using on the One.

Thanks

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I was wondering what others with the Verizon HTC One have set up in their Read Ahead Buffer Size and the Scheduler? I have been reading a lot for the past hour and now I'm just as lost. I am on the NuSense ROM with the OBOne Kernel. I am using Trickster MOD and decided to try 4096 for the Read Ahead Buffer Size and the Deadline Scheduler...no clue if I'm supposed to notice any difference in anything.

Other threads have info using other devices so I was hoping to see what others are using on the One.

Thanks

From what I've read, you'll see no benefit going over 1024. I've got mine set at 512.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ghilliek9

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I've read a bit about it and there is conflicting info out there. I once read that 512 is the sweet spot but another site showed read write performance graphs up to about 4000. The graphs indicated that you would get a gain up to about 3000 (+/-). I typically run mine at 512 with row scheduler. Row was created specifically for mobile phones and works really well for me. My best suggestion is to try them all for a few hours and see what settings work best for your usage. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Ecliptic One.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
The best way to find out is to test different amounts and see which is best for you. I just ran several benchmarks on all the schedulers and read ahead buffers that are supposed to be the best for mobile devices and they all perform about the same. Each phone will be different. For example, in my testing I found fiops at 1024 did the best consistently.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

From what I've read, you'll see no benefit going over 1024. I've got mine set at 512.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app