EZCast Miracast dongle

Search This thread

alakiha

Feb 8, 2011
Hi people,

Are you suggesting to get a ezcast dongle or chromecast ? (considering the recent news about chromecast)

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
Hi people,

Are you suggesting to get a ezcast dongle or chromecast ? (considering the recent news about chromecast)

Really depends on how and where you want to use it. For home use, either one probably be OK. I don't think you can mirror with Chromecast (not sure about Miracast). Also, I've heard that results sometimes vary; some people have complained about audio delays with Miracast.

If you want to use your Android device to watch video somewhere other than at home (say, at a motel), Chromecast will probably not work because of the types of networks available at hotels. Miracast might work, but you would not be able to connect to the hotel's wi-fi network while using it.

Personally, I have a Xbox setup for streaming video at home that works great, so I mainly use my Android stuff while in hotels. For me, the best bet is a Slimport adapter. This will give you high quality video and will let you stream from a hotel wi-fi network or using 4G. Anything that you watch on your phone, you can watch using a Slimport adapter.

Reactions: alakiha

b1narydigit

Dec 12, 2013
From my understanding, EZCast will mirror anything displayed on the source device to the TV but Chromecast is limited to specific apps. Is this correct?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

alakiha

Feb 8, 2011
I think I would go with Chromecast. Although I do have PS3 as my media streamer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

Really depends on how and where you want to use it. For home use, either one probably be OK. I don't think you can mirror with Chromecast (not sure about Miracast). Also, I've heard that results sometimes vary; some people have complained about audio delays with Miracast.

If you want to use your Android device to watch video somewhere other than at home (say, at a motel), Chromecast will probably not work because of the types of networks available at hotels. Miracast might work, but you would not be able to connect to the hotel's wi-fi network while using it.

Personally, I have a Xbox setup for streaming video at home that works great, so I mainly use my Android stuff while in hotels. For me, the best bet is a Slimport adapter. This will give you high quality video and will let you stream from a hotel wi-fi network or using 4G. Anything that you watch on your phone, you can watch using a Slimport adapter.