University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Important Information

List of ROMs installable on the SM-N900W8 (by Model number): Here

Current Firmware: N900W8VLU2DOC4 - Download

Latest Recommended Modem (LP): N900W8VLU2DOC4
Previous Recommended Modem (KK): N900W8VLUCNI1

Flashing a Modem:
If you have an invulnerable bootloader, you can flash any of the latest modems through Odin no problem, download and flash under CP.
If the modem does not stick after flashing:
Flash it without Auto-reboot ticked.
Manually turn off your phone (battery pull required), then immediately go back into Download Mode.
Flash it again, then manually reboot the phone (battery pull again) after done.​

GPS Problems Fix (Not Locking): Here by @crom1.
Thanks @Calen77 for the find!

Vulnerable: Trippable
Invulnerable: Untrippable under any circumstances while running the bootloader loaded phone. Odin flashing friendly.
Semi-invulnerable: Trippable under one condition (can be ignored if you don't plan to downgrade). Otherwise they are all untrippable.

All 4.3 N900W8 bootloaders are normal bootloaders and will trip when it detects any modification.

All 4.4.2 N900W8 bootloaders are unable to be tripped when doing just rooting and installing custom recovery.
-> The leaked Mexican bootloader allows you to avoid tripping the bootloader even through a downgrade of 4.4.2 to 4.3.
-> Canadian 4.4.2 bootloaders will trip if you attempt any downgrade to 4.3. This is the only issue.
-> You can flash a different modem, a different ROM base (AOSP or TW), CSC, Kernel, Recovery and NOT trip KNOX on any devices.

Currently known N900W8 4.3 vulnerable bootloaders: MI5, MJ1, MJ4
Currently known N900W8 4.4.2 invulnerable bootloaders: MEXICAN NA2
Currently known N900W8 4.4.2 semi-invulnerable bootloaders: NB7
Currently known N900W8 5.0 vulnerable bootloaders: DOC4

For the people running MI5, MJ1 vulnerable bootloaders (excluding MJ4) and not willing to upgrade to 4.4.2 -> I suggest using URDLV to root without tripping KNOX: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46818375
For the people running MJ4 vulnerable bootloader and not willing to upgrade to 4.4.2 -> You can use Kingo root to root, however this is a fondly avoided app, as the first version sent your IMEI to a server in China. Hesitant to upgrade to 4.4.2? You're done.
For the people running MJ4 vulnerable bootloader -> I suggest following the guide below this Q&A to get your phone to 4.4.2, so you get the Mexican bootloader to be free of all KNOX and it's dread. (Highly recommended)
For the people running NB7 semi-invulnerable bootloader -> You are free to root, custom ROM flash, replace your kernel, modem updating through Odin, etc. Just do not attempt to downgrade if you want to preserve KNOX.

Q: But but but, what if I.....
A: NA2 bootloader? Nothing you do can touch your bootloader UNLESS you intentionally upgrade your phone through KIES or Odin. These are the only two tools that is able to touch your bootloader. Everything you do will preserve KNOX. The hierarchy of your phone stands so that the bootloader is on top of the recovery partition, and everything else is under recovery. Recovery is unable to touch the Bootloader (like how a normal office worker can't fire their boss).

Q: How about.....
A: NA2 bootloader? You are safe. Stop worrying about sh*t.

Q: How does this work?
A: The Mexican NA2 was a leaked firmware for the N900W8 intended for development devices, it was never released in the "NA#"'s officially for the N900W8 models. (Need confirmation if tripped KNOX on the Mexican version of N900W8) This could mean they turned off the functionality of the security breach on these devices while trying to distinguish the two different N900W8's modems so they don't trip everyone's KNOX when the OTA is released. In layman's terms, the Mexican firmware was the base for the Canadian version, but when applying different patches to distinguish the two regions, they needed a development version that doesn't trip KNOX. The latest NB7 was not patched most probably due to either not noticing this flaw or slow updates as usual (very, very slow).

Q: How do I check my bootloader version?
A: Using @vndnguyen's app on the play store, located here. Look under Firmware Info (in green), and then under Bootloader version. Take the last three characters for the actual bootloader version.

0.png

Q: I'm on DOC4, can I follow the guide after this?
A: No.

==================================================================================================

My guide to get any Canadian Note 3 on 4.3 to 4.4.2 safely without tripping KNOX
Credits will also go to @Oogar and @polish_pat for the tutorials and their original files!

This is my version of @Oogar's and @polish_pat's guides, and I will keep them up to date. What's the difference? Well I will keep the links as fresh as possible and mirroring them as I see fit.
I will also provide pictures so that you will be assured you are doing the correct thing.

Step 0: Verify your BOOTLOADER version
If your bootloader is of version MI5, MJ1 or MJ4, move onto the next step. Click the button below for a brief instruction how to check.
If your bootloader is of version NA2 (somehow) or NB7, skip to the contents of Step 4, however you won't be on a "happy" (invulnerable) bootloader if you are on NB7.
Using @vndnguyen's app on the play store, located here. Look under Firmware Info (in green), and then under Bootloader version. Take the last three characters for the actual bootloader version.
0.png

Step 1: Download these files!
Step 2: I am on MI5/MJ1/MJ4!
NOTE: This will erase all your data from your phone as you will be flashing a LEAKED firmware. Official ROMs do not wipe your data. Make sure you make a backup.
  1. Install Kies, then reboot your computer. (Do not open Kies, it will affect Odin!)
  2. Extract Odin3 on your desktop using WinRAR or 7zip.
  3. Open up "Odin3 v3.09.exe"
  4. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON until you see a warning -> Press Down to Continue.
  5. Plug in your phone using the original USB 3.0 cable (highly recommended)
  6. Step 2 complete! Move onto the next step if you succeeded. If not, try restarting your computer.
Step 3: Odin's opened, device detected!
  1. Make sure your Odin looks exactly like this (as shown in the photo below) with all the defaulted values. Do not tick anything unnecessary that is not mentioned in the photo. If your Odin looks EXACTLY like the photo I showed, move onto the next step (excluding ID:COM values).
    1.PNG
  2. Now add in the files you downloaded above according to their bracket names. Make sure that you UNCHECK Re-partition once all the files are set.
    2.PNG
  3. Click start and wait for the process to finish!

NOTE: If you can't boot up normally, retry the process above but check Re-Partition in Odin instead.
    5.jpg
Step 4: You are now on the famous N900W8 "happy" (invulnerable) bootloader!
  • If you just want to obtain root and custom recovery, move on to Step 5 and finish there.
  • If you want to flash ROMs, move on to Step 6. (NOTE: Yes you can follow Step 6 after Step 5, but if you plan to flash ROMs at the start, you don't have to root your current ROM.)

Step 5: I'm not going to flash ROMs, I just need root and custom recovery....
  1. Download ChainFire's CF-Auto Root: Direct from Chainfire's Website
  2. Download the latest TWRP for N900W8: Nicholas' Database or TWRP Server (Slower)
  3. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON until you see a warning -> Press Down to Continue.
  4. Extract "CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip" to a specified folder and ONLY touch the .md5 file, DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER FILES.
  5. In Odin's AP area, select "CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5"
    3.PNG
  6. Click Start
  7. Once it is complete, let your phone fully boot into the lockscreen, the put it in Download Mode again.
  8. In Odin, press Reset, then In Odin's AP area, select "openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hltecan-4.4.img.tar"
    4.PNG
  9. Click Start
  10. Once it is complete, take a Nandroid backup and you have finished this guide! DO NOT PROGRESS FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO FLASH ROMs.
  11. If you can't write to your SD card, follow this guide by @Khizar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684384

Step 6: I will flash a custom ROM after this....
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED AN EXTERNAL SD CARD FOR THIS AS MOST ROMS WIPE YOUR INTERNAL, MEANING YOU LOSE YOUR INSTALLER PACKAGE WHILE THE AROMA INSTALLER AUTOWIPES, AND THE INSTALL WILL CORRUPT.
  1. Download the latest TWRP for N900W8: TWRP Server
  2. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON until you see a warning -> Press Up to Continue.
  3. In Odin, press Reset, then In Odin's AP area, select "openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hltecan-4.4.img.tar"
    4.PNG
  4. Click Start
  5. Once it is complete, take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
  6. Boot into your current ROM and take the Nandroid backup out of your phone's internal storage, and move it into your external SD. [URGENT]
  7. Put your custom ROM you desire into your external SD, in this guide I will be guiding for an N9005 ROM.
  8. Put your custom Kernel you desire into your external SD, you will need an N900T kernel [IMPORTANT, ANY STOCK N9005 KERNEL WILL BREAK WIFI/NFC FUNCTIONALITY] (If AOSP OR S5 ROM, skip this step)
  9. Put this NFC/Wifi/BT fix into your external SD: N900W8 KK WIFI-NFC Fix (NI1 Source).zip -- Thanks a lot @Oogar for the file. (If AOSP OR S5 ROM, skip this step)
  10. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON until you see "RECOVERY BOOTING..."
  11. Install the three files in this procedure:
    Wipe /system, wipe /data, wipe /cache, wipe /dalvik-cache,
    FLASH CUSTOM ROM → FLASH N900T KERNEL (SKIP IF AOSP OR S5) → FLASH NFC/WIFI/BT FIX (SKIP IF AOSP OR S5)
  12. Boot up and enjoy! If you have any problems follow this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657214
    5.jpg

Last edited:

lillypad_33

Oct 12, 2011
Kitchener
All of this makes alot of sense.

Yesterday I tried flashing the Mexican files, but I was unable to flash over the bootloader. It kept on giving me an error saying auth fail.
I decided to simply flash the AP file, and then the chainfire root file and of course the recovery.

I am now running Xnote without any issues as of yet. I will mention that I didn't have WIFI after booting up, but I installed lean kernel and all is happy now.

Thank you for your informative post.

B.T.W.... knox says 0x0 but it says custom.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Doesn't @polish_pat already have a thread similar to this wrote many months ago? - :confused:

His was like @Oogar's thread, informative instructions to GET 0x0, but it's not an updating thread that tells you which firmwares are KNOX exploitable, through the different Canadian firmwares :)

My thread is to inform people about the latest firmwares that are affectable/non-affectable by KNOX, not teaching people how to get KNOX 0x0. This means I will update this thread whenever there's a new Canadian firmware so that the Canadians will know whether it is safe to update to the latest iteration of updates.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618633

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
Doesn't @polish_pat already have a thread similar to this wrote many months ago? - :confused:

im glad somebody took the lead for you guys, i sold my note 3 back when s5 was released and left this forum to migrate on the new. Please feel nicholaschum to use anything in my thread:eek:

I miss the note size in a way, if it's made out of anything else but plastic, i will buy it. Hope to see you guys in note 4 forum!!

Reactions: nicholaschum

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
is safe flash the TRWP recovery on N900W8UBUCNC1?
many thanks in advance

NC1 is a Mexico firmware. Meaning you're running on the Mexican version of the N900W8.

If you're running the Mexican N900W8 then sorry, it isn't.

If you're running a Canadian N900W8 with the NC1 firmware, with NA2 or NB7 bootloader, then yes, it is safe.

Oogar

Apr 9, 2012
Toronto
I'm still alive and well, just no time at all to update. I'm even running stock Rogers right now -_-.

As polish_pat said, feel free to use anything in my thread as I lost track and don't want to update the OP while being uninformed.

Reactions: nicholaschum

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I'm still alive and well, just no time at all to update. I'm even running stock Rogers right now -_-.

As polish_pat said, feel free to use anything in my thread as I lost track and don't want to update the OP while being uninformed.

im glad somebody took the lead for you guys, i sold my note 3 back when s5 was released and left this forum to migrate on the new. Please feel nicholaschum to use anything in my thread:eek:

I miss the note size in a way, if it's made out of anything else but plastic, i will buy it. Hope to see you guys in note 4 forum!!

Thanks guys! Hope you all are doing well! I'll keep an updated copy of the guide up asap, with pictures and whatnot :)

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I have NA2 bootloaders. Good to know I should be able to flash away without fear of tripping knox. I have been unable to change my modem tho.

You should be able to change your modem. Just flash in Odin. Will not trip KNOX {CONFIRMED BY ME - updated from MJ4 modem to NB7}

Last edited:

sauron82

Jun 12, 2012
Toronto
Will the Mexican NC1 modem work in Canada, or should I stick with NB7? I'm in a basement, so I'd like to try a different/better/newer modem.

Click thanks if I helped you
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Will the Mexican NC1 modem work in Canada, or should I stick with NB7? I'm in a basement, so I'd like to try a different/better/newer modem.

Click thanks if I helped you
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Always use the latest from your region - my code.There's nothing better than what you're meant to be using on your device made for your region.

xda1zero

Dec 13, 2011
nicholaschum: you rock man, wicked write up. :good:

twrp: I installed the hlte version successfully, does it matter?(it is slightly newer) sorry if this has been answered elsewhere

Reactions: BellaxMiu

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
nicholaschum: you rock man, wicked write up. :good:

twrp: I installed the hlte version successfully, does it matter?(it is slightly newer) sorry if this has been answered elsewhere
Actually it does matter. Strange how you got it working.

As the newer version has specific changes for the international variant, it won't matter to you as the Canadian version won't need the new fixes that the international variant needs.

I would just flash the hltecan version through recovery, like an update.

Bootz1987

May 4, 2011
first time using Odin to root.

If I am already on version 4.4.2 and NB7 do i just use step 5 to root, or will I still need to do step 0?

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
If I am already on version 4.4.2 and NB7 do i just use step 5 to root, or will I still need to do step 0?

As stated on Step 1, if you're already on NB7 you only need to skip to Step 5 :)

EDIT: Yes, I realized I put the download links on Step 0, I switched it with Step 1 hoping it would stop confusion :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important Information

List of ROMs installable on the SM-N900W8 (by Model number): Here

Current Firmware: N900W8VLU2DOC4 - Download

Latest Recommended Modem (LP): N900W8VLU2DOC4
    Previous Recommended Modem (KK): N900W8VLUCNI1

Flashing a Modem:
    If you have an invulnerable bootloader, you can flash any of the latest modems through Odin no problem, download and flash under CP.
    If the modem does not stick after flashing:
    Flash it without Auto-reboot ticked.
    Manually turn off your phone (battery pull required), then immediately go back into Download Mode.
    Flash it again, then manually reboot the phone (battery pull again) after done.​

GPS Problems Fix (Not Locking): Here by @crom1.
    Thanks @Calen77 for the find!

Vulnerable: Trippable
    Invulnerable: Untrippable under any circumstances while running the bootloader loaded phone. Odin flashing friendly.
    Semi-invulnerable: Trippable under one condition (can be ignored if you don't plan to downgrade). Otherwise they are all untrippable.

All 4.3 N900W8 bootloaders are normal bootloaders and will trip when it detects any modification.

All 4.4.2 N900W8 bootloaders are unable to be tripped when doing just rooting and installing custom recovery.
    -> The leaked Mexican bootloader allows you to avoid tripping the bootloader even through a downgrade of 4.4.2 to 4.3.
    -> Canadian 4.4.2 bootloaders will trip if you attempt any downgrade to 4.3. This is the only issue.
    -> You can flash a different modem, a different ROM base (AOSP or TW), CSC, Kernel, Recovery and NOT trip KNOX on any devices.

Currently known N900W8 4.3 vulnerable bootloaders: MI5, MJ1, MJ4
    Currently known N900W8 4.4.2 invulnerable bootloaders: MEXICAN NA2
    Currently known N900W8 4.4.2 semi-invulnerable bootloaders: NB7
    Currently known N900W8 5.0 vulnerable bootloaders: DOC4

For the people running MI5, MJ1 vulnerable bootloaders (excluding MJ4) and not willing to upgrade to 4.4.2 -> I suggest using URDLV to root without tripping KNOX: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46818375
    For the people running MJ4 vulnerable bootloader and not willing to upgrade to 4.4.2 -> You can use Kingo root to root, however this is a fondly avoided app, as the first version sent your IMEI to a server in China. Hesitant to upgrade to 4.4.2? You're done.
    For the people running MJ4 vulnerable bootloader -> I suggest following the guide below this Q&A to get your phone to 4.4.2, so you get the Mexican bootloader to be free of all KNOX and it's dread. (Highly recommended)
    For the people running NB7 semi-invulnerable bootloader -> You are free to root, custom ROM flash, replace your kernel, modem updating through Odin, etc. Just do not attempt to downgrade if you want to preserve KNOX.

Q: But but but, what if I.....
    A: NA2 bootloader? Nothing you do can touch your bootloader UNLESS you intentionally upgrade your phone through KIES or Odin. These are the only two tools that is able to touch your bootloader. Everything you do will preserve KNOX. The hierarchy of your phone stands so that the bootloader is on top of the recovery partition, and everything else is under recovery. Recovery is unable to touch the Bootloader (like how a normal office worker can't fire their boss).

Q: How about.....
    A: NA2 bootloader? You are safe. Stop worrying about sh*t.

Q: How does this work?
    A: The Mexican NA2 was a leaked firmware for the N900W8 intended for development devices, it was never released in the "NA#"'s officially for the N900W8 models. (Need confirmation if tripped KNOX on the Mexican version of N900W8) This could mean they turned off the functionality of the security breach on these devices while trying to distinguish the two different N900W8's modems so they don't trip everyone's KNOX when the OTA is released. In layman's terms, the Mexican firmware was the base for the Canadian version, but when applying different patches to distinguish the two regions, they needed a development version that doesn't trip KNOX. The latest NB7 was not patched most probably due to either not noticing this flaw or slow updates as usual (very, very slow).

Q: How do I check my bootloader version?
    A: Using @vndnguyen's app on the play store, located here. Look under Firmware Info (in green), and then under Bootloader version. Take the last three characters for the actual bootloader version.

0.png

Q: I'm on DOC4, can I follow the guide after this?
    A: No.

==================================================================================================

My guide to get any Canadian Note 3 on 4.3 to 4.4.2 safely without tripping KNOX
    Credits will also go to @Oogar and @polish_pat for the tutorials and their original files!

This is my version of @Oogar's and @polish_pat's guides, and I will keep them up to date. What's the difference? Well I will keep the links as fresh as possible and mirroring them as I see fit.
    I will also provide pictures so that you will be assured you are doing the correct thing.

Step 0: Verify your BOOTLOADER version
    If your bootloader is of version MI5, MJ1 or MJ4, move onto the next step. Click the button below for a brief instruction how to check.
    If your bootloader is of version NA2 (somehow) or NB7, skip to the contents of Step 4, however you won't be on a "happy" (invulnerable) bootloader if you are on NB7.
    Using @vndnguyen's app on the play store, located here. Look under Firmware Info (in green), and then under Bootloader version. Take the last three characters for the actual bootloader version.
    0.png

Step 1: Download these files!
    Step 2: I am on MI5/MJ1/MJ4!
    NOTE: This will erase all your data from your phone as you will be flashing a LEAKED firmware. Official ROMs do not wipe your data. Make sure you make a backup.
    1. Install Kies, then reboot your computer. (Do not open Kies, it will affect Odin!)
    2. Extract Odin3 on your desktop using WinRAR or 7zip.
    3. Open up "Odin3 v3.09.exe"
    4. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON until you see a warning -> Press Down to Continue.
    5. Plug in your phone using the original USB 3.0 cable (highly recommended)
    6. Step 2 complete! Move onto the next step if you succeeded. If not, try restarting your computer.
    Step 3: Odin's opened, device detected!
    1. Make sure your Odin looks exactly like this (as shown in the photo below) with all the defaulted values. Do not tick anything unnecessary that is not mentioned in the photo. If your Odin looks EXACTLY like the photo I showed, move onto the next step (excluding ID:COM values).
      1.PNG
    2. Now add in the files you downloaded above according to their bracket names. Make sure that you UNCHECK Re-partition once all the files are set.
      2.PNG
    3. Click start and wait for the process to finish!

NOTE: If you can't boot up normally, retry the process above but check Re-Partition in Odin instead.
      5.jpg
    Step 4: You are now on the famous N900W8 "happy" (invulnerable) bootloader!
    • If you just want to obtain root and custom recovery, move on to Step 5 and finish there.
    • If you want to flash ROMs, move on to Step 6. (NOTE: Yes you can follow Step 6 after Step 5, but if you plan to flash ROMs at the start, you don't have to root your current ROM.)

Step 5: I'm not going to flash ROMs, I just need root and custom recovery....
    1. Download ChainFire's CF-Auto Root: Direct from Chainfire's Website
    2. Download the latest TWRP for N900W8: Nicholas' Database or TWRP Server (Slower)
    3. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON until you see a warning -> Press Down to Continue.
    4. Extract "CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip" to a specified folder and ONLY touch the .md5 file, DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER FILES.
    5. In Odin's AP area, select "CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5"
      3.PNG
    6. Click Start
    7. Once it is complete, let your phone fully boot into the lockscreen, the put it in Download Mode again.
    8. In Odin, press Reset, then In Odin's AP area, select "openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hltecan-4.4.img.tar"
      4.PNG
    9. Click Start
    10. Once it is complete, take a Nandroid backup and you have finished this guide! DO NOT PROGRESS FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO FLASH ROMs.
    11. If you can't write to your SD card, follow this guide by @Khizar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684384

Step 6: I will flash a custom ROM after this....
    NOTE: YOU WILL NEED AN EXTERNAL SD CARD FOR THIS AS MOST ROMS WIPE YOUR INTERNAL, MEANING YOU LOSE YOUR INSTALLER PACKAGE WHILE THE AROMA INSTALLER AUTOWIPES, AND THE INSTALL WILL CORRUPT.
    1. Download the latest TWRP for N900W8: TWRP Server
    2. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON until you see a warning -> Press Up to Continue.
    3. In Odin, press Reset, then In Odin's AP area, select "openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hltecan-4.4.img.tar"
      4.PNG
    4. Click Start
    5. Once it is complete, take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
    6. Boot into your current ROM and take the Nandroid backup out of your phone's internal storage, and move it into your external SD. [URGENT]
    7. Put your custom ROM you desire into your external SD, in this guide I will be guiding for an N9005 ROM.
    8. Put your custom Kernel you desire into your external SD, you will need an N900T kernel [IMPORTANT, ANY STOCK N9005 KERNEL WILL BREAK WIFI/NFC FUNCTIONALITY] (If AOSP OR S5 ROM, skip this step)
    9. Put this NFC/Wifi/BT fix into your external SD: N900W8 KK WIFI-NFC Fix (NI1 Source).zip -- Thanks a lot @Oogar for the file. (If AOSP OR S5 ROM, skip this step)
    10. Turn off your phone and hold the HOME BUTTON + VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON until you see "RECOVERY BOOTING..."
    11. Install the three files in this procedure:
      Wipe /system, wipe /data, wipe /cache, wipe /dalvik-cache,
      FLASH CUSTOM ROM → FLASH N900T KERNEL (SKIP IF AOSP OR S5) → FLASH NFC/WIFI/BT FIX (SKIP IF AOSP OR S5)
    12. Boot up and enjoy! If you have any problems follow this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657214
      5.jpg
    i did, but i am new, thats why i need to confirm i understand right or wrong. If you have time to say something like that, so you can answer me such as yes or no. Its very easy and simple, dont be rude like told me read the guide again and again.
    I dont want to brick my note 3, thats why need experience people help me a little bit. If you dont want to, you dont need to reply, waste your time.
    Thank you anyway.

I'm not rude. I'm the person who spent days writing this guide and extensively spent time making it noob-proof - as well as spending my time solving other people's problems on this thread. But when a person strolls into this thread asking the most basic things as if they didn't read the guide, won't it be wise to tell that guy to read the guide?

Honestly, the guide is written in step by step form, with every single step clearly written out. This guide is meant to be fail proof if you read. The fact that you complain while the thread here was made to be as user friendly, just boggles my mind.

If you needed help, I added a little cute G+ in my signature and you could ask me there, I'm a nice person that helps people step by step, and crack a few jokes here and there.
    Does the modem even affect the GPS?

In my case, no. I haven't bumped into the infamous GPS problem yet, all I know is that the compass doesn't align properly all the time.

The modem sends and receives signals, either using Google's 'enhanced' feature that locks on to your GPS signal using data signals and wifi to sniff out other device's locations. If the modem is outdated or buggy, it may not only just give you bad signal to call and text, but also gives you longer load times and battery drainage.

However, GPS is not modem-dependant. As the device itself has it's own AGPS chip integrated into the device, the most common problems are just the system's gps.conf file configured to not search/something to do with GPS profiling.

So yes, improper data transmission through the outdated modem (MJ4 (4.3) modem on an NB7 ROM) can cause disruption in the GPS.
    I followed the instructions and it still didn't stick.. I'm stuck on MJ4

It should work. Try again. If it still doesn't work. Do a battery pull two times.

Flash with Auto Reboot unchecked -> manually power off -> yank battery before you see any Samsung logo -> put battery back in -> Hold the download mode combination (if you see Samsung logo you failed and will require a full restart) -> Flash with Auto Reboot unchecked -> manually power off -> yank battery before you see any Samsung logo -> put battery back in -> restart.
    Yes, all that you want is here. All the fixes (wifi & bluetooth), CSC and many other things.

After you upgrade for the Android 4.4.X, if you GPS is unable to lock satellites, you need this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54196125&postcount=754

For my N3 every rom or app like Faster GPS, GPS Status...nothing works...but that post change my phone.

Make 2x , use Q not q and in the second time when the display is black, hou have to wait for 20 seconds for the UMTS menu.

Good luck...

Obs: thanks for all the support (especially for nicholaschum ) to my GPS Problem...you are the best guys !!!