[Game] The Trivia - Class Project

Search This thread

Seabah

Dec 2, 2010
Hey everyone, my group just finished working on our first android application. We are making it as part of a project for our CST200 class. We decided to make a simple fun to play all around trivia game developed for Android 2.1.

Features:
-Eight categories to choose from with 45 questions per category, that’s a total of 360 questions!
-Trivia games are round based, with five questions per round and a total of three rounds each round getting progressively harder.
-Ability to save a game mid way through

Installation Instructions:
1. Copy TheTrivia.apk to your phones SD card.
2. Next you will need a file manager from the market place, you can use any you want however we tested using “ASTRO File Manager” and found it working.
3. Locate the application in the file manager, open it up and hit install.
4. The application should now be installed to your phone and you should be able to run it just like any other application.

There might be a few bugs, but it should run alright.

Attachments

• XPrime.apk
    409.8 KB · Views: 431

Dbikerid3r204

Sep 29, 2010
I just want to say, its very interesting and it kept my attention, the only part that I was noticing, is the sound when you get an answer wrong, it is a bit excessive. I tried the video game category and got most of them wrong, but then again I havn't played that many games. All in all, it deserves an A. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Found a problem. Questions don't always match up with the correct set of answers.

Xqiq4Yk

Sent from my Captivate

Seabah

Dec 2, 2010
Found a problem. Questions don't always match up with the correct set of answers.

Sent from my Captivate

I think that might be a problem with our randomizer, I'll try to look into it.

Almost have the highscores working correctly, really busy with finals but when I have time I'll post an updated version. Also I know some of the answers are actually hardcoded wrong so I'll try to fix some of those too.

nemuro

Apr 2, 2010
You could get a lot of other questions just by getting some IRC trivia bots. The have the questions in txt format. ( or at least to let you browse and select one such file where the questions are nicely formated within a text file. )

Support for QVGA would also be nice.

Last edited:

Utorrent76

Oct 23, 2010
Not bad.

Just tried your game & it's good but for me i just wish the text for the questions was a little bigger. At least make it the same size as the text in the answers.Thx.

dustinarden

Oct 1, 2010
This is a great idea. Would be truly amazing if you could play against friends kind of like wordfeud.

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
This works great. Installed on 2 wvga phones. Will play more. Only thing I found so far is a wrong answer. A question in sports. An NFL team called the aints should be the Saints not Chiefs. Another thing, I think print should be bigger. Thank you for this app. Would love to see online compitition like trivia at Buffalo wild wings

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
My high scores don't save. When typing my high scores, I have to delete the words in the text box. In the sports question about NFL players decade they got names on their shirts, 2of the answers are both 1970

Sent from my Evo 4G

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
Any more development planned? This could be really great. I can't believe nothing like this is available yet.

Sent from my Evo 4G