[APP]SuperTube(Stream and download YouTube video in HQ and HD)-[U]-1/12/2011-[V]-2.2

Search This thread

fscode

Mar 5, 2011
Hi,
The version 2.2 of SuperTube has been published.
SuperTube enables you to play and download YouTube videos in HQ and HD by 3G or WiFi.
Version 2.2 changes
1 Fix the recording bug
New features for Mango
1 Record videos and upload it to YouTube (Resume broken uploads support)
2 Choose and order the sections in the main page
3 Select channel to push notification
4 Add playlist, inbox, my video
5 Background downloads
6 Loading list more quickly
7 Inbox push notification
8 Fast App Switching (FAS)
Basic functions:
1 Download YouTube videos (supports resume broken downloads)
2 Sync the downloaded videos with your PC by installing a client on your PC. (Link of the client and documentation: http://supertube.codeplex.com)
3 Subscriptions, favorites and search support
4 Nearby video: view the videos near your location
5 View channels by metro model
6 Comment in small screens while playing videos; Full screen in 16:9 or 4:3
7 Play the sound of the video under lock
8 Custom background
9 Local player enables you to play a custom playlist or play all videos
10 Video sharing via Facebook, Twitter, SMS and Email
11 Multi-Language and Multi-region support
All users of trial and full version can watch videos in HQ and HD for free. Trial version contains advert, and limits users to download 3 videos successfully. Full version removes all adverts, and can download videos without limit.

Click here to download the trial version.
5699587958_abe751ca65_b.jpg

5732854808_189da39b43_b.jpg

Last edited:

The420Dank

Apr 13, 2008
Yea this is hands down the best YouTube app I have found for WP7 and I've tried most if not all of them. So awesome, the fact that it was updated even further is just sweet. I didn't think it could get any better.

If the developer reads these... Thanks guys or girls... keep up the awesome work! Worth the small amount of money for sure.

August2011

May 14, 2011
Powerful youtube app for WP7. Thanks very much!
Recently, I found a free downloader for youtube from enolsoft, It also can download youtube HD videos but for pc.

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Great program, definitely :)

I would be happy if you could add these features:

- text box remember the last search entered,

- "Best rated videos" category.

Thank you very much

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
You know what definitely makes SuperTube far superior than LazyTube or YouTube by Lazyworms?....

With SuperTube I can watch ALL YouTube videos.

Lazytube is silly and only go by the results from m.youtube.com.
Lazytube only shows videos allowed for mobile viewing !!! :mad:

This is ridiculous. You miss many videos.

This is why I finally give up with lame LazyTube and prefere SuperTube.

Thanks again for your innovative and COMPLETE product :)

fscode

Mar 5, 2011
In the 1.5 version, the performance of the video players has been enhanced. If you can connect the 3G network, you could check the playing quality of 720P videos by 3G.

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
I'm not able to update. I even tried uninstalling my 1.4 version and reinstalling from marketplace. I have a Samsung Focus, on AT$T, 7390. Is it still available? Did it get pulled for some reason?

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
I'm not able to update. I even tried uninstalling my 1.4 version and reinstalling from marketplace. I have a Samsung Focus, on AT$T, 7390. Is it still available? Did it get pulled for some reason?

I have the same problem. According to the Marketplace description, 1.5 is available, but my copy is still 1.4, and no update shows up for it. What gives?

oelapoel

Apr 29, 2006
looks like the developer forgot to change the version number from 1.4 to 1.5. It shows 1.4 but it is actually 1.5. you can check whether the buffering indicator is there or not. 1.4 doesnt have buffering indicator.... 1.5 has it

_calum_

Aug 16, 2010
Tübingen, Germany
You know what definitely makes SuperTube far superior than LazyTube or YouTube by Lazyworms?....

With SuperTube I can watch ALL YouTube videos.

Lazytube is silly and only go by the results from m.youtube.com.
Lazytube only shows videos allowed for mobile viewing !!! :mad:

This is ridiculous. You miss many videos.

This is why I finally give up with lame LazyTube and prefere SuperTube.

Thanks again for your innovative and COMPLETE product :)

That's because the boys at lazywormapps didn't want to do anything illegal ;)

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
That's because the boys at lazywormapps didn't want to do anything illegal ;)

I am willing to understand their position, nonetheless:

- This is not "illegal" stricto sensu. YouTube rules are not very clear regarding this situation and we could also agree that they do not make sense.
Indeed, in my opinion it is mainly a question of format. I suppose some videos are not supported in theory by mobile phones. But can smartphones be considered as phones? They are more similar to real computers. The proof is that SuperTube can read all these videos.
- Anyway, in the worst case, all that could happen is YouTube will ask the developer to remove this feature. Nothing else.
- Lastly, the LazyWorm developers have 2 applications: LazyTube and YouTube by LazyWorm. So at least they shall include all videos format in their LazyTube app, whereas the other one, YouTube, will remain into the strict scope of YouTube policies.
LazyTube would be more complete and more offensive.

I think it would make sense. LazyTube is a great app, but its developers are unreasonably cautious. Definitely.

It's good to follow the rules, but not unreasonably.
And it's a lawyer speaking here.

Last edited:

_calum_

Aug 16, 2010
Tübingen, Germany
OK, fair enough. But here is a sample of the error you get from the google API for one of these videos, and the reason that I also decided not to support them:

Dieses Video enthält Content von Sony ATV Publishing. Es darf auf bestimmten Websites nicht wiedergegeben werden.

Translated: This video contains content from Sony ATV Publishing. It is not allowed to be played back on certain websites.

Now, as a lawyer ;), you should know that it will be impossible to know that you are 100% in the clear when you play back one of these videos. If you can read the error, then you can check with Sony if it's OK - but how can you be sure it's Sony, and which videos?? impossible to be 100% from an apps point of view.

Now, don't get me wrong, nothing against SuperTube (although it still amazes me that it's allowed on the market looking at other apps that have been banned). But to complain about an app because the developer is not willing to risk breaking a copyright or similar isn't really fair.

Like I said, how can an app know if the content is allowed? maybe it's an age restriction, maybe it's prohibited in that country... who's liable, the user watching the video, or the developer that hacked around an error to allow the video to be watched?

Just food for thought, nothing to be taken too seriously please :) I just had exactly the same dilema when added YouTube support to feed me. In the end, if I get a 150 error (unauthorized) I just redirect to the mobile site - but hey, it's an rss reader, not a YouTube app :)

Cheers,
Calum

EDIT: I think we should drop this subject now, not really fair on the SuperTube guys filling their thread with this. I completely understand if a mod wants to delete the last three posts.

Last edited:

xDomsx

Apr 23, 2011
Any1 noticed that the program says Replay instead of Reply and Buffing instead of Buffering? xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    The version 2.2 of SuperTube has been published.
    SuperTube enables you to play and download YouTube videos in HQ and HD by 3G or WiFi.
    Version 2.2 changes
    1 Fix the recording bug
    New features for Mango
    1 Record videos and upload it to YouTube (Resume broken uploads support)
    2 Choose and order the sections in the main page
    3 Select channel to push notification
    4 Add playlist, inbox, my video
    5 Background downloads
    6 Loading list more quickly
    7 Inbox push notification
    8 Fast App Switching (FAS)
    Basic functions:
    1 Download YouTube videos (supports resume broken downloads)
    2 Sync the downloaded videos with your PC by installing a client on your PC. (Link of the client and documentation: http://supertube.codeplex.com)
    3 Subscriptions, favorites and search support
    4 Nearby video: view the videos near your location
    5 View channels by metro model
    6 Comment in small screens while playing videos; Full screen in 16:9 or 4:3
    7 Play the sound of the video under lock
    8 Custom background
    9 Local player enables you to play a custom playlist or play all videos
    10 Video sharing via Facebook, Twitter, SMS and Email
    11 Multi-Language and Multi-region support
    All users of trial and full version can watch videos in HQ and HD for free. Trial version contains advert, and limits users to download 3 videos successfully. Full version removes all adverts, and can download videos without limit.

Click here to download the trial version.
    5699587958_abe751ca65_b.jpg

5732854808_189da39b43_b.jpg
    In the 1.5 version, the performance of the video players has been enhanced. If you can connect the 3G network, you could check the playing quality of 720P videos by 3G.

Great. I am looking forward to trying it.

Will you add a "Best rated" section soon?

Thank you.