[ROM|4.0.4][09-04-12]AOSP+|Vanilla(V1.0.1) & Neapolitan(N.8.1) Flavors|Source Built

Search This thread

Mrzuitsuit

Dec 2, 2010
Do I need to do a full wipe before flashing N.8 or can I flash it over the original?
I liked the original, but am always enticed by the newest shinyest things...

Also, the AOSP Utility is pretty cool. Thats how I downloaded the latest version.

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Had a couple hiccups today running n8. Autocorrect is screwed and haptic feedback comes and goes

Sent from my IceCreamSammich Nexus S 4G

Last edited:

wheeqo

Did you flash Peter Alfonso's tethering fix?
http://bit.ly/rdeNK5

I don't know if this happen in general tethering, if the 3g data connection lost, the wifi tethering also lost? It seems the operator signal is going crazy back then. Now the 3g signal is stable and tethering is fine.
Never experience this before.
The fox is only for gingerbread. Haven't try usb tethering.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It might be the theme you installed. You may also want to edit that image you posted as it is showing the phone number of your contact :)

No themes installed.... stock n8. If your referring to to messaging app that's gosms :) so I do think its a valid issue. Been doing this too long to report a bug with a custom theme.

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
No themes installed.... stock n8. If your referring to to messaging app that's gosms :) so I do think its a valid issue. Been doing this too long to report a bug with a custom theme.

I have not had the issue and others have not reported any problems with it. Did you upgrade between ROMs? Install GApps after doing so?

wheeqo

Use the vanilla ROM for a day, so smooth even didn't use that v6 script and installed hundreds apps. The multitasking also good, open tapatalk in the morning and still in the same state this night. Battery also good. Thanks so much.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

tyea

May 10, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Just want to say this rom works as well as the stock rom, and it has the Neopolitan 8.1 features. I'm trying the Trinity T132ANY09920 kernel with good results, but the stock kernel seems adequately responsive.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
N.8.1 is silky smooth! :D just curious, will the battery mods work on Neo? Thanx

No...the battery mods will be made for Neo once I am sure there will not be more changes to framework and systemui. The next update may have significant changes to the framework so holding off on asking phone_user to make them for the N series of ROMs...

Reactions: rp076

stoneule

Aug 31, 2010
Is anyone having clock issue? I've found that on two different occasions the clock in the notification bar isn't correct. I have the automatic network time checked but it doesn't seem to always work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM|4.0.4][09-04-12]AOSP+|Vanilla(V1.0.1) & Neapolitan(N.8.1) Flavors|Source Built

AOSP+

Info:
    AOSP Source Built
    4.0.4 IMM76D

Vanilla ICS - Stock AOSP ROM
    Built from AOSP and when flashed with GApps it will perform like Google OTA ROM. This is for those who want an OTA ROM like ROM built from source. ROM has root, busybox and deodexed.

Neapolitan ICS - Built on AOSP with some of the more popular mods added. Check change log for features.

Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+
    IRC - Click HERE for browser portal or enter server: freenode.net channel #aosp+ in your favorite IRC client

Change Log:
    Click HERE for latest change log.

Install Instructions:
    Download ROM and GApps, links provided below
    Must have root and ClockWorkMod Recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Data/Factory reset
    Install ROM
    Install GApps

Downloads:
    AOSP+ ROM Utility - Click HERE

AOSP+ ROM Utility is just like CodeName Android ROM Utility but for AOSP+. Download file, install as any other APK file, run ROM Utility and press "List Downloads" and select the files you want to download. When downloads are complete you will find a folder named AOSP_Plus on the root of your SD Card and this where all the files will be downloaded to. From there, follow normal install instructions to install ROM, GApps and whatever else for the time being while the ROM Utility is being worked on so it will have the ability to flash ROMs and other such files.

GApps - Click HERE gapps_ics_404_03042012.zip MD5 ed18717e80d9e409ce7c60e6d906e722

ROMs
    Nexus S
    • Neapolitan - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_n.8.1_NS.zip
    • MD5 - eaf9356d7b76d9469ad8826434ee07c5

• Vanilla - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_v1_NS.zip
    • MD5 - 5878a31c03c7006872ecdd35bd74c95c

Nexus S 4G
    • Filename - aosp+_n.8.1_NS4G.zip
    • MD5 - d3fc5bb22b3dc2055444a9122984782d
    • Mirror HERE

• Vanilla - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_v1.0.1_NS4G.zip
    • MD5 - 085fd80d8f626ceb21a0a469ada51cbf

• Vanilla V1 to V1.0.1 Patch
    • HERE
    • Filename - patchv1_v1.0.1_NS4G.zip
    • MD5 - f8c8a696adb050972a9e6fa520f11a3a

Galaxy Nexus HSPA+
    • Filename - aosp+_n.5_maguro.zip
    • MD5 - efabff71c2ad329634f5343d6f20a852

• Vanilla - Click HERE
    • Filename - aosp+_v1_maguro.zip
    • MD5 - 9af6e6b0665321cb04d0fb44d895d6d9

Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Coming Soon

Credits:
    Google, AOSP, Sixstring, Codenamedroid, Braway, Romanbb, CM, peteralfonso, xplodwild and all others that I have gained knowledge and source from.
    Einstein quote but modified a bit for this
    I am often worried at the thought that my Android development is based to such a large extent on the work of my fellow developers and I am aware of my great indebtedness to them.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you find this post useful :)
    Its not dead...glad to see there is still activity going on. Life just got a little busy and I needed a small break anyways.

Let me catch up on a few things and will have an update about this ROM and CNA.
    Happy Easter everyone. Maybe new ROM tonight...

Things I have added
    AOKP/Bugless style toggles
    volume controls for music while screen off
    Auto-dim backlight setting
    Enhanced Launcher
    T9 Dialer

and some other stuff...will get to more later but I want to finish up what I am working on so far and try to release tonight.

Have a nice day!
    Very nice rom man......running n.5 since last night without a hiccup. Curious if future update will allow for profile and prl updating........Thanks!

Will get the prl updating working soon. Have not looked into what is causing the force closes yet.

-----------------

For those that want to test N.7 you can download it from here

I am not going to post it on the front page because I should have a version with the status bar toggles later tonight or some time tomorrow.

I added enhanced launcher from CNA and added the T9 dial functions.
    cant wait for the back to kill addon, perfect for ****ty fb running in the background every time you run it.

Neapolitan flavor ICS is now being served. Check first post for info.

Added:
    Enhanced power menu
    Long press back key to kill app (Always On)
    Long press volume control to skip tracks
    Fix screen off flicker
    Auto-dim backlight setting

More to come...