[Oppo Find5] TWRP Recovery

Search This thread

kamma

Jul 9, 2006
Nymburk
ok, i made this port with help of Dees_Troy from TeamWin.

its still in beta stage, but it works.

so, flash it, only if you know, what you are doing... :)

Changelog
Code:
beta1
------
- full screen theme is working

alpha1
------
- initial release

here is how to flash it:
0. download and extract attached file
1. reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
2. fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp-kamma-alpha1.img
3. fastboot reboot
4. profit... :)

If you find this usefull, you can buy me a beer :) : MOD EDIT: RULES STATE ONLY ONE DONATION LINK

Attachments

• recovery-twrp-kamma-beta1.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 9,393
  • DSCN9026.jpg
    DSCN9026.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 2,572
  • DSCN9028.jpg
    DSCN9028.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 2,686
Last edited by a moderator:

richie390

Jan 22, 2011
You got to be kidding me!! Already! Sucks being in the USA right now, and can't try this. Hopefully we can get some ROMs coming out

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Keep up the work on the Oppo Find 5 btw :) Much needed :)

machu

Sep 10, 2006
Doesn't work for me.
I'm getting this:
D:\MOJE\MOTO>fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp-kamma-beta1.img
sending 'recovery' (8938 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.672s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.812s]
finished. total time: 2.484s

D:\MOJE\MOTO>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.000s

That means it should work, but after reboot, phone is starting system without recovery window.
What am I doing wrong?

kamma

Jul 9, 2006
Nymburk
ok, so the problem is, that the original rom have standard android functionality, that on every boot reflash recovery partition with original recovery. there are 2 possible solutions.
1. flash my deodex rom, where this is disabled
2. use adb shell to disable it, but you have to be rooted. here is command flow :
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system/etc
mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.old
exit
exit
adb reboot

machu

Sep 10, 2006
It works!

ok, so the problem is, that the original rom have standard android functionality, that on every boot reflash recovery partition with original recovery. there are 2 possible solutions.
1. flash my deodex rom, where this is disabled
2. use adb shell to disable it, but you have to be rooted. here is command flow :
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system/etc
mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.old
exit
exit
adb reboot

You are the man!

drvsbsm

Jan 14, 2012
Ohio
Sources are out...prepare yourselves gentlemen,custom roms are coming.

Great News!!! Cant wait to see what the devs have in mind and what they are able to create for this device. Full HD with the 5 inch display and capacitive buttons that don't take up any of screen real estate. I hope that a port of Paranoid Android? I think that would be so slick on the OF5, I have it on my Nexus 7 and is is super smooth. I'm pretty sure we need CM first though if I'm correct to build Paranoid Android from, correct? Also cant wait fr some custom kernels to crank this bad boy up to about 1.89GHz Quad Core and then overclock the GPU too. I think some good camera mods and tweaks will come out also, that will make this 13MP Exmor camera shine. I see a lot of modding in the future, especially after people start getting their orders from the new batch shipped, some people have said they have stared to ship the second batch already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, i made this port with help of Dees_Troy from TeamWin.

its still in beta stage, but it works.

so, flash it, only if you know, what you are doing... :)

Changelog
    Code:
    beta1
    ------
    - full screen theme is working

alpha1
    ------
    - initial release

here is how to flash it:
    0. download and extract attached file
    1. reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
    2. fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp-kamma-alpha1.img
    3. fastboot reboot
    4. profit... :)

If you find this usefull, you can buy me a beer :) : MOD EDIT: RULES STATE ONLY ONE DONATION LINK
    kamma: here is an Oppo Find 5 CASUAL which installs your TWRP Recovery and my root method. It works on Windows, Linux and Mac.

http://d-h.st/idS

If you'd like to use it, feel free. Open it up as a zip file instead of a java jar, change the links, change the text displayed on the app, add a logo.png, change whatever you'd like about it. You could even include it in an auto-build script to modify the "Install Oppo X909 Recovery.zip" file to add your new one. All the properties and files are in the /SCRIPTS/ folder. CASUAL was designed to be modified and repackaged easily like that. It's all zip files.

Anyway, I wanted to try out flashing with CASUAL so I built this. It's free, so you may do as you like with it.

10z0d1d.png
    Sources are out...prepare yourselves gentlemen,custom roms are coming.
    ^^CM doesn't need to be available beforehand because Paranoid is based on AOSP, not CM.

But CM is bound to be available first because it always is :)