about rooting. please help!

Search This thread

mitz85

Feb 23, 2013
hi all I'm trying to root my phone but there is so many different ways to tour. I would like the simplest way to root but I want it to do everything that all rooting software would do. I've come across one click options and would like to do those since I don't have to use my computer. Please help! Thanks

Reactions: tim4w5

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
you are so going to get bashed in here for asking that question. The expectation is that everybody reads everything they can and then if they are hung up on something they can post a question. I am a relative noob although I have lurked on this site for a few years. I don't bash anybody though.

I understand your frustration.

I simply flashed a single .tar file to my phone while my phone was in download mode. I felt it was very simple using windows on my Mac. There is the very simple Exynos exploit file somewhere here where you download it and basically install it. I thought that this Exynos installation did something to the camera app.

Hopefully, somebody here will help you determine what is best for you. I really haven't tried many methods of root. I like to stick with one I am familiar with since a lot things might go wrong if not done right.

I am not sure what you mean by having the root method do everything that all rooting software would do. When you root you are just gaining access to portions of your phones files that are locked when you buy it. If you want more 'stuff' then you would flash a custom rom after rooting

mitz85

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for not bashing me. I'm def a noob and I'm new to the android community. I moved from an iPhone to galaxy n2 so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for your help!

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for not bashing me. I'm def a noob and I'm new to the android community. I moved from an iPhone to galaxy n2 so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for your help!

Check out Chainfire's method for rooting. It's very simple, there is even a video instruction going step by step. It took me 5 minutes and I came from an Iphone. Head on over to the Original android development subforum, you'll see it there. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: mitz85

judib

Jan 5, 2013
First, take a breath...

hi all I'm trying to root my phone but there is so many different ways to tour. I would like the simplest way to root but I want it to do everything that all rooting software would do. I've come across one click options and would like to do those since I don't have to use my computer. Please help! Thanks

Just got my Note 2 about 3 weeks ago and haven't ventured into rooting it yet, BUT I did research here on XDA about rooting before doing it to my Galaxy S2 (AT&T) and the one thing I want to mention is to take your time are read to confirm whether or not the procedures you're looking at are for the Note 2 AND for the variant you have. Using the wrong process (rooting, kerneling, installing custom rom) can cause all sorts of problems, so don't be impatient if you don't know what you're doing. And by all means DO A COMPLETE BACKUP before you do any rooting.

That said, when I did root my S2, it was a very easy process...took all of about 15 minutes to backup, root, install custom rom, etc.

Good luck...and let us know how you do!

Judi

Reactions: uwannabananababy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google "exynos abuse" if you have not already taken the ota update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Google "exynos abuse" if you have not already taken the ota update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I used the exynos abuse because I didn't need to use my computer to do it and it worked fine. But once I did the latest OTA update from AT&T, I lost root. So I did the Chainfire method. (See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980644 )
    t's really easy and took about 5 min.
    First, take a breath...

Just got my Note 2 about 3 weeks ago and haven't ventured into rooting it yet, BUT I did research here on XDA about rooting before doing it to my Galaxy S2 (AT&T) and the one thing I want to mention is to take your time are read to confirm whether or not the procedures you're looking at are for the Note 2 AND for the variant you have. Using the wrong process (rooting, kerneling, installing custom rom) can cause all sorts of problems, so don't be impatient if you don't know what you're doing. And by all means DO A COMPLETE BACKUP before you do any rooting.

That said, when I did root my S2, it was a very easy process...took all of about 15 minutes to backup, root, install custom rom, etc.

Good luck...and let us know how you do!

Judi