Battery Power Bank for Tab S 8.4

Search This thread

davedfx

Sep 6, 2008
Hi anyone know of a Powerbank that has enough juice to charge Tab S 8.4 while at the same time using it?

I have tried some power banks and the Tab drains faster than charging

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Look at unu, 50%charge in 15 mins and full in 30

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

asrah

Mar 6, 2013
I recommend LimeFuel battery packs if you want something with at least 80% usable MAH. The electronics in a battery pack take power to run. From what ive read, LimeFuel battery packs have at least 80% "efficiency."

24000MAH
15600 MAH

There may be other offerings with that 80%+ efficiency, but LimeFuel was the only brand i could find 6 months ago.

Last edited:

danyasd

Mar 15, 2012
I had and tested a lot of batteries, and I can tell that the Xiaomi Powerbank is a cheap but working product. However, if you want to have a high quality battery that charges every USB device at fullspeed, look at the 2nd Gen Anker Astro3.

Reactions: Kanon25

Xandmanxx

Nov 3, 2014
Been using Xiaomi for 3 days now, its 10400mah but it cant fully charge your Tab S when in use. The most I got was just an additional 30% of battery usage. This is surfing, youtube, facebook and gmail. Still happy since its cheap but was surprise it couldn't fully fill the battery despite it being 2x the battery capacity.

steelbrachen

Apr 8, 2014
I do have this dilemma now about the powerbanks with the tab S. I'm using a 10.5 and now after searching thoroughly I can't find any that's legitimately compatible with the tab S and of course the 8.4 and the 10.5 should be the same when it comes to powerbanks. Even checked the Samsung 9000mah and it's compatibility, the tab s isn't on the list whereas the notes are and older tablets, so I'm stuck in this problem and very paranoid as I love this tablet and I don't wanna get just any brand that will work, I don't want it to mess up my tablet and affect any of its function. I'm not so good with the technical details about the volts and inputs and outputs, maybe someone out there could enlighten me with this cause I need help. I'm currently eyeing a romoss 10000mah powerbank but it doesn't state it's full compatibility and I'm skeptical about getting it. Any help and findings would be deeply appreciated. I need to get a powerbank for my tab S 10.5 and don't know what to get as all this compatibility seems so vague and there seems to be no legitimate answer. Why couldn't Samsung include the tab S or even make powerbanks for specific models that would work and the tab S is left out because it didn't sell good due to wrong timing but a great device. If anyone could help because I need a powerbank asap.

Sent from my SM-T805

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
I do have this dilemma now about the powerbanks with the tab S. I'm using a 10.5 and now after searching thoroughly I can't find any that's legitimately compatible with the tab S and of course the 8.4 and the 10.5 should be the same when it comes to powerbanks. Even checked the Samsung 9000mah and it's compatibility, the tab s isn't on the list whereas the notes are and older tablets, so I'm stuck in this problem and very paranoid as I love this tablet and I don't wanna get just any brand that will work, I don't want it to mess up my tablet and affect any of its function. I'm not so good with the technical details about the volts and inputs and outputs, maybe someone out there could enlighten me with this cause I need help. I'm currently eyeing a romoss 10000mah powerbank but it doesn't state it's full compatibility and I'm skeptical about getting it. Any help and findings would be deeply appreciated. I need to get a powerbank for my tab S 10.5 and don't know what to get as all this compatibility seems so vague and there seems to be no legitimate answer. Why couldn't Samsung include the tab S or even make powerbanks for specific models that would work and the tab S is left out because it didn't sell good due to wrong timing but a great device. If anyone could help because I need a powerbank asap.

Sent from my SM-T805

Hi I would suggest this one as it has the same output as official samsung charger: Amazon
and currently its 70% off ;) and has 14,000 mah capacity BUT it does say not compatible with samsung Tab series but I really don't believe that...

- Output1 : DC 5.3V / 2100mA and DC5.3v / 1000mA

Last edited:

steelbrachen

Apr 8, 2014
Hi I would suggest this one as it has the same output as official samsung charger: Amazon
and currently its 70% off ;) and has 14,000 mah capacity BUT it does say not compatible with samsung Tab series but I really don't believe that...

- Output1 : DC 5.3V / 2100mA and DC5.3v / 1000mA

Thank you, but it shows not compatible with the Galaxy tab series and there must be a reason for that and I wouldn't wanna risk it but thanks for the reply anyway.

Sent from my SM-T805

steelbrachen

Apr 8, 2014
Would appreciate that thank you. For the moment I'm looking at Samsung power banks and still sketchy as it doesn't say it's compatible with the tab S on the website, it's just stressful that there's no straight answer about the compatibility with the tab S, and even others say Universal, what does that really mean if you place that In a spectrum? Nothing specific about it.

Sent from my SM-T805

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Would appreciate that thank you. For the moment I'm looking at Samsung power banks and still sketchy as it doesn't say it's compatible with the tab S on the website, it's just stressful that there's no straight answer about the compatibility with the tab S, and even others say Universal, what does that really mean if you place that In a spectrum? Nothing specific about it.

Sent from my SM-T805

Best way to find out is ring them up and ask

steelbrachen

Apr 8, 2014
Chatted with Samsung and no luck but anyway I've finally got one, the Samsung 9000mah seems to be the most reliable one and on Android central it's listed for the tab S so I'll just stick with that, just ordered it and now my mind is at ease. I'll let you guys know how it works once I get it.

Sent from my SM-T805

Reactions: Kanon25 and Kahun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Chatted with Samsung and no luck but anyway I've finally got one, the Samsung 9000mah seems to be the most reliable one and on Android central it's listed for the tab S so I'll just stick with that, just ordered it and now my mind is at ease. I'll let you guys know how it works once I get it.

Sent from my SM-T805
    Look for the anker astro E3 10000mAh at amazon.com, it's about 26 bucks
    I want to recommend the RAVPower® 14000mAh!
    Using romoss power bank, 10k mah. Cost around$ 20
    I had and tested a lot of batteries, and I can tell that the Xiaomi Powerbank is a cheap but working product. However, if you want to have a high quality battery that charges every USB device at fullspeed, look at the 2nd Gen Anker Astro3.