[Q] NT's dead(help me please)

Search This thread

firstgleam

Apr 18, 2012
I was trying to root NT 1.4.2 8gb, rooted with the Market. And then I tried to root it to CM7, my NT was dead.
With Nook Recovery Flasher.apk., I rebooted, insert SD(...zip), when I tried to backup, it was dead. Then I tried again whithout backup, at first, it worked, but stopped during installing(updating... then stopped). And never boot again.
If i turn on, i can see 'N' logo with black screen, but no process. How can I reboot my NT? I want it to be the very factory setting. -.-;; Or can I find factory-base recovery file anywhere?

Last edited:

soshite

Feb 16, 2012
Layton
edit: Wait you have an 8gb tablet? Have you tried to flash 1.4.2 with cwm?

Last edited:

firstgleam

Apr 18, 2012
yes...

I have an 8g NT that was 1.4.2.
any backup file or booting file? please...

Last edited:

firstgleam

Apr 18, 2012
thanks !!

for the quick and helpful response!!
but where can i find it? (sorry, I am not expert.)
any link? i've tried, but i can't.
and is it *.img? if so it will be OK.
but it cannot be booted, so i cannot use Nook Recovery Flasher.apk.

Last edited:

soshite

Feb 16, 2012
Layton
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24164043&postcount=1

.. read the ATTENTION 8GB USERS and apply it, and also read the READ ME (link)

~ Veronica
Wait wait wait, not to get off topic or anything. But is the 1.4.2 update, the same thing for both 8gb and 16gb nooks?/

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Have you made a bootable sdcard?? Make you sure have at least a 2gb microsd.

Reactions: firstgleam

firstgleam

Apr 18, 2012
Huh~

I cannot do it.
I tried several times, but failed.
My situatuion;
1. Cannot boot
2. If i try to boot, i can see only 'n' logo with black screen
3. I can boot with SD to CM7(Team-B-CM7SD-Alpha_final). In this case, I can do nothing with NT. but I can enjoy CM7 in SD.
4. I tried several times,especially, i can see sometimes <booti: bad boot img>.
How and where can i start?

Last edited:

soshite

Feb 16, 2012
Layton
I cannot do it.
My situatuion;
1. Cannot boot
3. I can boot with SD to CM7(Team-B-CM7SD-Alpha_final). In this case, I can do nothing with NT. but I can enjoy CM7 in SD.

It's the stupid script in Barnes & Noble's file. Go ahead and unpack the 1.4.2 update into a folder, name it like "update" or something. Onto your computer by the way! Make a new zip, just call it update.zip

Now, on your "update" folder, navigate over to /META-INF/com/google/android/

And edit "updater-script" with notepad or something, and delete these two lines:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blaze" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "blaze");

Sweet amirite? Save it, and then move everything inside "update" onto the update.zip folder we just made. Don't move the folder, move the contents.

Then put that in the sdcard, boot into clockworkmod again and try to flash update.zip

The reason I have you do all that is because it's signed. At least that's what I think is going on, because I can't edit the files from within the zip itself.

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I cannot do it.
My situatuion;
1. Cannot boot

Did you follow my instructions to the T? What errors do you get if any when flashing stock recovery or the B&N stock 1.4.2 update. zip?

If you can boot into cm7 or @meghd00t cwm recovery from sdcard all you have to do is use dd to flash stock recovery and then run the update from another sdcard.

Don't try random unbrick methods, you can make it worst, your problem is not to go and mess with advanced methods. At list yet. But if you have messed around even more since then your boot block can get damaged. Go safe first.

~ Veronica

Sent from my BNTV250A using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

It's the stupid script in Barnes & Noble's file. Go ahead and unpack the 1.4.2 update into a folder, name it like "update" or something. Onto your computer by the way! Make a new zip, just call it update.zip

And edit "updater-script" with notepad or something, and delete these two lines:

Sweet amirite? Save it, and then move everything inside "update" onto the update.zip folder we just made. Don't move the folder, move the contents.

Then put that in the sdcard, boot into clockworkmod again and try to flash update.zip

The reason I have you do all that is because it's signed. At least that's what I think is going on, because I can't edit the files from within the zip itself.

CWM update.zip and B&N update.zip structure is different, so by naming B&N software update "update.zip" (meant to only be booted and flashed from sdcard) wouldn't be right and i doubt it could be flashed in CWM...
stock.JPG

However if you want to convert a B&N update.zip to CWM update.zip you just need:

* META-INF folder
* system folder
* boot.img
* romrestore.zip

But most likely when you attempt to reboot to stock unrooted 1.4.2 you will get bootloop, so it why is better to flash rooted roms in CWM so there is no conflict between unrooted ROM and CWM custom recovery. B&N Stock unrooted 1.4.x ROMS need stock recovery

~ Veronica

Last edited:

soshite

Feb 16, 2012
Layton
Did you follow my instructions to the T? What errors do you get if any when flashing stock recovery or the B&N stock 1.4.2 update. zip?

If you can boot into cm7 or @meghd00t cwm recovery from sdcard all you have to do is use dd to flash stock recovery and then run the update from another sdcard.

Don't try random unbrick methods, you can make it worst, your problem is not to go and mess with advanced methods. At list yet. But if you have messed around even more since then your boot block can get damaged. Go safe first.

~ Veronica

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

CWM update.zip and B&N update.zip structure is different, so by naming B&N software update "update.zip" (meant to only be booted and flashed from sdcard) wouldn't be right and i doubt it could be flashed in CWM...
stock.JPG

However if you want to convert a B&N update.zip to CWM update.zip you just need:

* META-INF folder
* system folder
* boot.img
* romrestore.zip

But most likely when you attempt to reboot to stock unrooted 1.4.2 you will get bootloop, so it why is better to flash rooted roms in CWM so there is no conflict with the custom recovery. Stock unrooted 1.4.x ROMS need stock recovery

~ Veronica

All it will do is replace the recovery.img and all the other files. B&N updates not only flash /system but /recovery and /bootloader too if I remember correctly.

firstgleam

Apr 18, 2012
thanks, lots of helps.
I'm not alone.
(but... mm... my knowledge is poor and so Engilsh.)

I can boot with Team-B-CM7SD-Alpha_final only with SDcard.
So I can see CM7 and use CM7.
BUT I can't access PC, PC and NT do not recognise each other so I cannot modify anything.
If I try to reboot with any other method, it will be fialed.
I tried meghd00t-r4, but just can see <booti: bad boot img...>.

I will try again today.
Then I will report.

Thanks anyway.
I Really appriciate.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
That's what I`ve been saying :3

Sent from my NookTablet using XDA

i dont think so 'cause you were giving other instructions: " Go ahead and unpack the 1.4.2 update into a folder, name it like "update" or something. Onto your computer by the way! Make a new zip, just call it update.zip"

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

thanks, lots of helps.
I'm not alone.
(but... mm... my knowledge is poor and so Engilsh.)

I can boot with Team-B-CM7SD-Alpha_final only with SDcard.
So I can see CM7 and use CM7.
BUT I can't access PC, PC and NT do not recognise each other so I cannot modify anything.
If I try to reboot with any other method, it will be fialed.
I tried meghd00t-r4, but just can see <booti: bad boot img...>.

I will try again today.
Then I will report.

Thanks anyway.
I Really appriciate.

Alright this "BUT I can't access PC, PC and NT do not recognise each other so I cannot modify anything." needs to be fixed, you need to get adb working if you want to unbrick your device is a must now these days until @meghd00t release a new powerful tool meant to be ran from sdcard so better let's troubleshoot that first.

Boot into CM7 or CWM from sdcard and let us know where are you stuck in setting adb up. what errors or notifications do you get if any.

Oh BTW which model do you have 8GB or 16GB? that's very important

[HOW-TO] Install & Use ADB tool | Android Debug Bridge | Drivers - Videos - Tutorial

~ Veronica

soshite

Feb 16, 2012
Layton
i dont think so 'cause you were giving other instructions: " Go ahead and unpack the 1.4.2 update into a folder, name it like "update" or something. Onto your computer by the way! Make a new zip, just call it update.zip"

The reason I had him unzip it is because the file is signed, but he needs to opt out two lines so that it can be flashed in cwm. This is what I said:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "blaze" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "blaze");

acclaim_update.zip itself can be flashed in cwm as well. You just have to edit the updater-script in its folder. For whatever reason, B&N's updater script has device set to blaze. ????

Last edited:

firstgleam

Apr 18, 2012
-.-

thank you, Veronica and other guys^^
I will try again.
I have to go business trip with my boss.
-.-
It will be a sort of nightmare this weekend.

See you on the next week days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good! Use cwm to flash 1.4.2 update. see if that works

~ Veronica

~ Veronica
    Wait wait wait, not to get off topic or anything. But is the 1.4.2 update, the same thing for both 8gb and 16gb nooks?/

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Have you made a bootable sdcard?? Make you sure have at least a 2gb microsd.
    Wait wait wait, not to get off topic or anything. But is the 1.4.2 update, the same thing for both 8gb and 16gb nooks?

Yes stock 1.4.2 works for both, remember 8GB NT came with 1.4.2 it is why devs base on 1.4.2 mlo, uboot, etc files to make their hacks that work for both models.

~ Veronica
    I cannot do it.
    My situatuion;
    1. Cannot boot

~ Veronica

stock.JPG

* META-INF folder
    * system folder
    * boot.img
    * romrestore.zip

But most likely when you attempt to reboot to stock unrooted 1.4.2 you will get bootloop, so it why is better to flash rooted roms in CWM so there is no conflict between unrooted ROM and CWM custom recovery. B&N Stock unrooted 1.4.x ROMS need stock recovery

~ Veronica