[Review]Best ROMs for Xperia X8 (e15)

Search This thread

Marinake

Aug 18, 2011
Buzau
www.sg5ro.blogspot.com
xperia-x8%2Bblack%2Bhepromaster%2Bwifi%2Bproblem.jpg

Hello everyone.In this thread I will write down reviews for some of the best ROMs for Xperia X8.ATM I tested just 3 ROMs and I will review each of them , but I will test more and review them right here for you :D

To find a ROM in my review list press CTRL + F in the same time and write the ROMs name

Last edited:
Reactions: MKMEHDI720

Marinake

Aug 18, 2011
Buzau
www.sg5ro.blogspot.com

In this morning I was looking for a custom ROM for my new Xperia X8 when I found this.I was amazed by it's Xperia look.I also read some comments from guys who already tested it and I wanted it too_Ok.I installed it trough CWM and I excepted poor performance because all of us know that stock kernel isn't that good (yes , I use stock kernel because I have my phone sim-locked and I don't want to break it's radio). I instantly loved the bootanimation which is simple but cool and after the boot , I was truly amazed.This ROM is very smooth and clean.I haven't got any lag until now and battery seems to be OK.Also I have installed some games to test it's performance.I tested both , 2D and 3D games to see how it's working and it worked like a charm.The performance in 2D is amazing and in 3D some games still need Chainfire3D to work properly.I overclocked it at 690mhz and it's very good.I also like the idea of including theme chooser.I downloaded Xperia Arc theme from Google Play (which is also included) and applied it.It's working perfect.The clock is by default on the center of status bar and it's nicely covered by date when you pull the bar down.This is my first review and hope you liked it.Below you can see some stats to have the same performance or maybe better with a new kernel.

Phone specs:
  • Stock Kernel
  • Baseband 015
  • CPU 691mhz - 122mhz

Grades:
  • Performance : 9
  • Design : 7 because the ugly icons
  • Battery life : 8 which is pretty good
  • Installation : 10 very easy

Last edited:
Reactions: xiah1512

KingAmir

Aug 16, 2012
London
Nice. I also review ROMs. If you would like to team up, we can create better reviews for the public. Just an idea. Also, I think if you used standard English and not slang your review might be more professional. And maybe some structure? But great overall.

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
No offense, but I think you shouldn't be judging which are the best ROMs for our device. Each user has it's own best ROM based on their experience.
In my opinion, you should review the current most popular ROMs for the X8.

deedii

May 25, 2011
Oh my the OP is just trying to make a review based in his/her opinion and you guys bombarded him with this and that JUST BECAUSE OF HIS TITLE? Sad to say but this is what Ive noticed. When new people comes and and post ideas and reviews or do something useful although it already exist, you always bombard them with negative feedback's like that thread exist that is not useful blah blah blah. Whats wrong with you guys? You say for a fact that everyone has its own best rom, then the OP has his own so his review never existed.

I think what we need to do here is guide noobs rather than posting degrading and disappointing words. If you dont feel like helping then dont but please refrain from posting such things. I wonder if people do the same actions to you. sighs..

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Please stay on topic guys! Further trolling won't be tolerated!

@OP: I suggest you to change the title/body of your thread a bit to give it a more personal touch.
Maybe this will keep the trolls away ;)

Thread cleaned.

Marinake

Aug 18, 2011
Buzau
www.sg5ro.blogspot.com
Sorry for inactivity but I took some time to test more ROMs.I succesfully unocked my bootloader and I will test more ROMs.Future reviews:
FroyoPro
GingerDX
GingerZaraki

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

mercy83

Oct 10, 2011
In 2 yerars of 'rominstalling' on X8 I think GingerDX v031b and the latest Alfs (08a) Kernel is the best of all. The phone is quick, can work very stable on 748MHz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh my the OP is just trying to make a review based in his/her opinion and you guys bombarded him with this and that JUST BECAUSE OF HIS TITLE? Sad to say but this is what Ive noticed. When new people comes and and post ideas and reviews or do something useful although it already exist, you always bombard them with negative feedback's like that thread exist that is not useful blah blah blah. Whats wrong with you guys? You say for a fact that everyone has its own best rom, then the OP has his own so his review never existed.

I think what we need to do here is guide noobs rather than posting degrading and disappointing words. If you dont feel like helping then dont but please refrain from posting such things. I wonder if people do the same actions to you. sighs..
    No offense, but I think you shouldn't be judging which are the best ROMs for our device. Each user has it's own best ROM based on their experience.
    In my opinion, you should review the current most popular ROMs for the X8.
    xperia-x8%2Bblack%2Bhepromaster%2Bwifi%2Bproblem.jpg

Hello everyone.In this thread I will write down reviews for some of the best ROMs for Xperia X8.ATM I tested just 3 ROMs and I will review each of them , but I will test more and review them right here for you :D

To find a ROM in my review list press CTRL + F in the same time and write the ROMs name

In this morning I was looking for a custom ROM for my new Xperia X8 when I found this.I was amazed by it's Xperia look.I also read some comments from guys who already tested it and I wanted it too_Ok.I installed it trough CWM and I excepted poor performance because all of us know that stock kernel isn't that good (yes , I use stock kernel because I have my phone sim-locked and I don't want to break it's radio). I instantly loved the bootanimation which is simple but cool and after the boot , I was truly amazed.This ROM is very smooth and clean.I haven't got any lag until now and battery seems to be OK.Also I have installed some games to test it's performance.I tested both , 2D and 3D games to see how it's working and it worked like a charm.The performance in 2D is amazing and in 3D some games still need Chainfire3D to work properly.I overclocked it at 690mhz and it's very good.I also like the idea of including theme chooser.I downloaded Xperia Arc theme from Google Play (which is also included) and applied it.It's working perfect.The clock is by default on the center of status bar and it's nicely covered by date when you pull the bar down.This is my first review and hope you liked it.Below you can see some stats to have the same performance or maybe better with a new kernel.

Phone specs:
    • Stock Kernel
    • Baseband 015
    • CPU 691mhz - 122mhz

Grades:
    • Performance : 9
    • Design : 7 because the ugly icons
    • Battery life : 8 which is pretty good
    • Installation : 10 very easy

Well I remember using it and it was stable and smooth,also I don't remember any bugs or such :cool:

Sent from my E15i using xda app-developers app