Vertical bars on screen

Search This thread

zolah

Oct 13, 2010
Sorry if this has already been asked but I did a search and couldn't see anything...

Can any one else see faint vertical bars on the display?

I can see it worse on dark colors.

Is this normal?

You have to look for it to see it but now I've noticed it I see it all the time...

Any one else that can see it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ordered Chaos

Mar 29, 2012
Sorry if this has already been asked but I did a search and couldn't see anything...

Is this normal?

You have to look for it to see it but now I've noticed it I see it all the time...

I've wondered this myself a few times, but I've also done a ton of acid in my lifetime and am willing to chalk it up to brain failure.

Reactions: puffsimiii

sound.wav

Dec 9, 2011
suburbia, ny

Is this normal?

Yes! I have the same exact problem! It almost looks like faint pinstripes right? And they go away on a mostly bright screen right?

persheshhater

Jan 12, 2013
Same here. Noticable on grey color especially googleplaystore. Not sure whether to return or no...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

beegbear

Jan 16, 2013
Toronto
The silver dots shouldn't interfere, they are best seen when the screen is off at somewhat of an angle to direct light.

zolah

Oct 13, 2010
No I'm not talking about any silver dots I'm talking about faint lines running the full length of the display...

monkeying. around

Jan 23, 2013

Is this normal?

When my phone screen is off, at a specific angle with light bouncing off I can see those bars you're talking about. But it whilst the screen is on

McLelle

Aug 16, 2009
Hi, my device is also showing these strange vertical bars, one of them is exact in the middle of the screen. It looks like banding and is mostly visible on grey or darker backgrounds (for example during the loading screen on play store). Today I compared it with a nexus 4 from my local store, which showed the exact same vertical lines. Increasing the brightness makes it even more visible. Is this a common issue due to the design of the display? I've never seen anything like this before on ips panels, my 4xhd was perfectly fine.

Should I RMA?

McLelle

Aug 16, 2009
169572d1360509129-senkrechte-streifen-im-bildschirm-1.jpg

ruzkay

Sep 4, 2010
it is the banding of the display and is present on all devices... it is my first time seeing this on any phone display

im using one of the color configurations posted on xda that makes it a little better i barely notice it now or maybe im just used to it already

666fff

Nov 30, 2009
I read somewhere that these faint lines are due to the gamma values being set incorrectly on displays. So LG have screwed it up in the factory.

All displays don't have this as some people are saying. My old HTC Hero didn't have it, my ipad 3 doesn't have it, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, SGS2. All perfect displays. I don't think there's much you can do apart from messing about with colour control but you have to root to do that and it probably won't really make a difference.

My problem is three or four faint wide lines visible on grey or white backgrounds, gonna call Google and ask them what it is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Is this normal?

I've wondered this myself a few times, but I've also done a ton of acid in my lifetime and am willing to chalk it up to brain failure.