Kit Kat launcher

Search This thread

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Looks nice but says it's not compatible with my stock unrooted 10.1.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

jetboss

Jul 8, 2012
Scarborough
I tried it works fast even the ok Google works the only reason I'm not using it now is because every time I press the home button and it goes to the home screen the keyboard pops up

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk HD

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Works great with the Google Search 3.1 update which has fixed a lot of the bugs on non Nexus 5 devices, a few bugs remain though; when in landscape if you press & hold an app from the app drawer to uninstall there's no visible options like on previous launchers e.g. "App info" & "Uninstall", on further inspection if you drag it to the top left somewhere it'll go Blue & take you to "App info", on portrait everything is as normal, those same options appear etc. so I'd say bugs still need ironing out but it's still very usable.

Also in landscape the X is missing when removing apps from the home screen but again if you drag to the very edge (top left) it'll go Red & delete app shortcuts etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: foxsdaddy67

shanda5303

Jan 16, 2011
Portland
Has anyone tried to install this on your tablet? Working on mine so far and it's just stock and rooted
Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

Hi I'd love to put the kitkat launcher on my tab 3 could you point me to the download link please? I've got the SM217S too

Edit: never mind I found it :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: foxsdaddy67
"New Google Experience Launcher"?

Has anyone tried to install this on your tablet? Working on mine so far and it's just stock and rooted

There is several KitKat Launchers which one are you talking about? Are you talking about this "New Google Experience Launcher" post over on phandroid? If not could you please post a link or mention which one you guys are talking about please & thanks

So I already had the files on my SD Card & the Google Home Apk installed fine & seems to be working fine. The Google now is responsive & fast. If you want the APK link is below

http://bit.ly/KitKatGoogleHomeLauncher

Last edited:

foxsdaddy67

Jun 12, 2010
St. Charles, MO
Google Pixel 6
There is several KitKat Launchers which one are you talking about? Are you talking about this "New Google Experience Launcher" post over on phandroid? If not could you please post a link or mention which one you guys are talking about please & thanks

So I already had the files on my SD Card & the Google Home Apk installed fine & seems to be working fine. The Google now is responsive & fast. If you want the APK link is below

http://bit.ly/KitKatGoogleHomeLauncher

yes its about the google launcher

Ariesdroid

May 18, 2012
Saskatune
ariesmusic.bandcamp.com
Well the Launcher installed fine on my tab 3 8.0 but I didn't have OK google on the home screen and after I changed languages I lost it on google search page as well... Velvet wouldn't install... I already have the newest google search and play services though so I thought all I would need is the Launcher? What am I doing wrong... I'm used to gel as that's what I have been using on my s3 for months now... Would love to get it working on my tablet as well...

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

emod0705

Oct 12, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Just got it on 7 inch and working fine here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Instead installed just launcher and hit done.. Then hit home and profit.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

V

Vapor5

I tried it on the 10.1 3G (P5200) and seemed to be fine except the "OK Google" feature didn't work.

V

Vapor5

I have installed the new google experience launcher on my tab 3 10.1 p5220 . Works fine , ok google is also working and I'm on stock 4.2.2 non-rooted.

Sent from my GT-P5220

Alrigyt then, it seems to just have been my tab...
Can you give me the apk you are using?
Thanks in advance!

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
V

Vapor5

Last edited:

Albhorockz

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks for the link . i will be trying this launcher in my tab 3

Thanks for the link. i have been installing this launcher now. and will be reporting this feedback after a day review.

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
Thanks for the link. i have been installing this launcher now. and will be reporting this feedback after a day review.

Welcome . Were you able to install this launcher ? If so , then how did you find it? I think that you also must be facing the status bar problem that it's not transparent . But don't worry . You can modify the status bar like I have done by using Xposed Framework , Wanam Xposed , Gravity Box . I have attached the screenshot in this post with transparent status bar .

P.S. - Although I know how to enable the "OK Google" , I have not enabled the "OK Google" command .

Please hit thanks If I helped you . It cost's you nothing .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1394870259651.jpg
    1394870259651.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 260

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
I have just one Question:
Why using KitKat Launcher since TW Launcher is just awesome ?
Note: If you're looking for a 3rd party app, just install "Nova or ADW"
You may also search for "KitKat Launcher" in PlayStore unless you want the Stock one from Nexus 7 (2013) :p

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works great with the Google Search 3.1 update which has fixed a lot of the bugs on non Nexus 5 devices, a few bugs remain though; when in landscape if you press & hold an app from the app drawer to uninstall there's no visible options like on previous launchers e.g. "App info" & "Uninstall", on further inspection if you drag it to the top left somewhere it'll go Blue & take you to "App info", on portrait everything is as normal, those same options appear etc. so I'd say bugs still need ironing out but it's still very usable.

Also in landscape the X is missing when removing apps from the home screen but again if you drag to the very edge (top left) it'll go Red & delete app shortcuts etc.

Hi I'd love to put the kitkat launcher on my tab 3 could you point me to the download link please? I've got the SM217S too

Edit: never mind I found it :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app