[Program] SimpleRoot .1 ---- 3 Click Root w/ nand unlock!!

Search This thread

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
First things first...

Credits:

Mast3rpyr0 - Original creator of a simple one click root. Most the code used here is based on his work with some tweeks. [ Link ]
webs05 - For the outstanding help he has provided to those who were having issues using Simple Root!!! Thanks!
toastcfh - For root and nand unlock. [ Link ]
Koush - Recovery image [ Link ]
maejrep - For helping with the code to remove sendkeys!! Thanks alot!!

If I forgot anyone that I should have mention, let me know....

screen2.png
Automatic updates and create update patches with wyBuild.

After hours of trying to figure out a way to make Mast3rpyr0's batch files work correctly, I noticed it had problems sending certain commands. So I decided to use some of his batch file codes, and create a VB.NET application along with batch files. I have unrooted and rooted my personal phone multiple times trying to get this to work. I tested the app 3times!! Each time Unrooting my phone! All three times its has been successful!

What exactly does this do?
Exactly what it say, Root your EVO in 3 Steps.

How do you use it?
Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode. (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked ) Click the buttons starting from Step 1.

Why the large file size?
This includes all the .img and .zip files that are needed to root. (2 PC36IMG.zip @ ~ 170MB = 340mb) and a couple of other smaller files. I decided to add them to make things more simple and avoid having to explain where to get these files.

Youtube Example
sorry for all the video splits...not my fault, blame youtube. :rolleyes:
Video quality might be bad, give them a few to process 720p version :D

Part 1-1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAqTEAWxh7U
Part 1-2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578jDEJ6M_c
Part 2-1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FbYqPOrpg
Part 2-2+3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk7lBDpSp-A

AndroidPolice.com Review + Tips

Download:

Megaupload - had to put this up, account suspended due to the amount of downloads =( they want my to go dedicated smh...
Official Page | Full (Download this if you never used this program before)

If you have downloaded this program before, please read this

Note: Its recommended to flash a custom ROM. Reason I say this is because for whatever reason, the eng-image doesnt allow proper SU permission!!

Requires: Dot Net Framework 4 and HTC SYNC

Last edited:

sweteg

Jun 17, 2010
I would try it if I didn't fully root yesterday. But props to you guys for putting that together. Seems like a one step jailbreak. Very nice.

yzguy128

Aug 10, 2008
WOW! Great work. This will unlock NAND too? If so you might want to update your thread title....

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
First things first...

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!! IF IT SAYS DONT MOVE YOUR MOUSE, DONT CLICK ANYTHING, DONT TOUCH YOUR KEYBOARD... THEN DONT!!!!
The reason for this is because for some reason a batch file cant send the command

Code:
adb shell cat sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image

The only way I found to get around that was using Sendkeys. I know, send keys is lame, and poor programming, but its the only way that I could get this to work.
Basically, Sendkeys sends keystokes to a targeted window, as if you were typing. You might see your keyboard NumLock, Caps light blink while this is being used, which is perfectly normal. (Enjoy the light show)

That's because the windows shell interpreter parses the redirect as belonging to the Windows system, not the android system. So it's trying to redirect the output to c:/data/flash_image or some such nonsense. Since Windows doesn't do / for it's directory structure, but instead uses \ it gacks trying to find the directory to put it in (which would be wrong even if it worked, since it would be on your hard drive, not the phone). You can change the cat line to this:

Code:
 adb shell cp /sdcard/flash_image /data/flash_image

and it should work just as well. Anytime you use a redirect in a batch script like that it's going to try and redirect to Windows. If it wasn't my day off and I wasn't so tired I might figure out a fix for that, but the code I posted above should do the trick well enough. :) I wasn't sure initially why people wanted to to read the file into another one in the first place, but I did it with cp when I rooted and it worked fine. I suggest testing it, and then possibly changing your program. That way you can get rid of sendkeys and people breaking root by clicking something when it's running :)

genius764

Jun 2, 2010
this is amazing. too bad noobs like myself could not wait to root and unlock nand. but the process was well worth it. great job, i hope this save someone a headache

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
Re: [Program] SimpleRoot .1 ---- 3 Click Root!!

That's because the windows shell interpreter parses the redirect as belonging to the Windows system, not the android system. So it's trying to redirect the output to c:/data/flash_image or some such nonsense. Since Windows doesn't do / for it's directory structure, but instead uses \ it gacks trying to find the directory to put it in (which would be wrong even if it worked, since it would be on your hard drive, not the phone). You can change the cat line to this:

Code:
 adb shell cp /sdcard/flash_image /data/flash_image

and it should work just as well. Anytime you use a redirect in a batch script like that it's going to try and redirect to Windows. If it wasn't my day off and I wasn't so tired I might figure out a fix for that, but the code I posted above should do the trick well enough. :) I wasn't sure initially why people wanted to to read the file into another one in the first place, but I did it with cp when I rooted and it worked fine. I suggest testing it, and then possibly changing your program. That way you can get rid of sendkeys and people breaking root by clicking something when it's running :)

Thanks, I'll see how that works later on, and if it works ill just upload a zip file with the updated code. Don't like the whole sendkeys thing,...I'd like to figure out on making it work without batch files... but I no pro code lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

CYBERxNUKE

Feb 19, 2008
Laredo
would you mind just posting a zip with the main files and not the roms?
im running low on space and wouldnt mind saving 300 megs

spyngamerman

Oct 11, 2008
Damn after I followed the 50 step-by-step and wish I had seen this earlier nice work might try this on my older bros in a few days

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO 4G. via tapatalk

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
If I am already rooted can I skip right to Unlock Nand? I did root using the toast method.

Yes, but you must run on the pushfiles.bat file before you goto step 2.

would you mind just posting a zip with the main files and not the roms?
im running low on space and wouldnt mind saving 300 megs

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N6GV5NNP - no .img or .zip files

make sure you have the first PC36IMG.zip from the first root tutorial and the 2nd PC36IMG.zip from the nand unlock rename it eng-PC36IMG.zip or else you'll break it =(

Last edited:

ken987

Mar 3, 2007
Hi,
If I do this method will I be able to load custom Roms following these steps? I found these on another site and I am a noob so this one step thing would be great for me to get my feet wet...but the whole reason I would root is so that I could try another ROM...

Here are the steps I found...earlier it said I needed adb and sdk tools so I'm not sure if below will work if I don't have that installed on my computer.

Choose a ROM you want to try. Download it and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip)

2. Plug the phone in via USB cable and mount the sd card so we can transfer files to it.

3. Copy the ROM .zip file and save it to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folders just on the sd card itself). Once it is done copying, unplug the phone from the usb cable.

4. Turn off the phone, then turn it back on by holding down Volume Down and Power until the white bootloader screen comes up (if it finds the PC36IMG.zip on your sd because you didn’t delete it, just say NO when it asks you if you want to update). Now using the volume buttons select Fastboot, then select Recovery and wait for the phone to boot into recovery mode.

5. Scroll to Wipe Data, select wipe data/factory reset and then select wipe dalvik cache.

6. Now scroll to Apply .zip from sd card and select the ROM .zip file we saved to the sdcard and wait for it to finish flashing. Once it is done, hit reboot and you are all set! Enjoy!

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
Hi,
If I do this method will I be able to load custom Roms following these steps? I found these on another site and I am a noob so this one step thing would be great for me to get my feet wet...but the whole reason I would root is so that I could try another ROM...

Here are the steps I found...earlier it said I needed adb and sdk tools so I'm not sure if below will work if I don't have that installed on my computer.

Choose a ROM you want to try. Download it and save it to your computer (do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip)

2. Plug the phone in via USB cable and mount the sd card so we can transfer files to it.

3. Copy the ROM .zip file and save it to the root of the sd card (NOT in any folders just on the sd card itself). Once it is done copying, unplug the phone from the usb cable.

4. Turn off the phone, then turn it back on by holding down Volume Down and Power until the white bootloader screen comes up (if it finds the PC36IMG.zip on your sd because you didn’t delete it, just say NO when it asks you if you want to update). Now using the volume buttons select Fastboot, then select Recovery and wait for the phone to boot into recovery mode.

5. Scroll to Wipe Data, select wipe data/factory reset and then select wipe dalvik cache.

6. Now scroll to Apply .zip from sd card and select the ROM .zip file we saved to the sdcard and wait for it to finish flashing. Once it is done, hit reboot and you are all set! Enjoy!

1. The program includes adb, just download, unzip and run Simple Root.exe

2.Yes you will be able to install custom roms after you have completed the all the steps.

3. Those are not complete steps, but its sorta on the right track... have you done the first part of root?

ken987

Mar 3, 2007
1. The program includes adb, just download, unzip and run Simple Root.exe

2.Yes you will be able to install custom roms after you have completed the all the steps.

3. Those are not complete steps, but its sorta on the right track... have you done the first part of root?

Thanks for the quick reply. No, I am a new EVO owner and this is my first android phone. I was an iPhone user but I have come over to the Android side. No regrets. I have basically a new EVO with the OTA update installed. So my goal would be to run your one click method and then learn how to load roms. I also read that people have some kind of rom loader on their phone that sounded pretty easy so I need to do more searching on the forums here so I can learn.
Ken

konaman

Mar 21, 2009
Part 1 worked for me but part 2 doesn't. When I click yes on part 2 I get a screen that says "Unhandled exceptin has occured" and it gives me a option to continue or quit and I click continue and it closes out.

Top Liked Posts